Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sorry, but that just sounds like we have no ambition. Ali J hasn’t even made the bench when fit and he cost us £17m. It’s fine to have £20m players on the bench at times, so long as they are part of the squad and can be relied on to do a job when needed.

Ali on bench or not in squad because clearly manager doesnt rate him

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I don't think I've wanted anything more than everyone being allowed back into the ground, first game Ben scores a 93rd minute winner in front of the South and madly celebrates in front of the away end.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
WOW Seen it all now! [emoji85]

https://footballmerchuk.bigcartel.com/product/free-ben-white

e1a6615d95aa710bc763da5423be669d.jpg

Surely that’s fake , I know Leeds are tinpot but they can’t have sunken as low as that surely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I don't think I've wanted anything more than everyone being allowed back into the ground, first game Ben scores a 93rd minute winner in front of the South and madly celebrates in front of the away end.

Against LUFC would be the icing and cherry on that cake. Please let it happen.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Any outstanding player holds all the cards. Just one mention by his agent that he will run his contract down he will get what he wants. Is his contract for another year or two.
It would be nice to have a statement from him on how he enjoyed his stay at Leeds and was now looking forward to playing for Brighton

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If we're getting offers north of £20m for a young player, surely the decisions lays with GP & TB . . . . Do we want him, and more to the point will he fit in, or do we want the budget to use elsewhere. It really is that simple.

Which ever way it goes it's all good.

And GP and Dan Ashworth have already made their positions quite clear...

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Firstly, kudos to Leeds fans with coming up with the funny hashtag and getting this trending on twitter with lots of funny memes, all made me chuckle,
Secondly, the facts are he is our player, he is in our plans for this season, if he refuses to upgrade his contract that's fine, he'll play for us on his (supposedly) 10k a week for at least this season.

If Potter really wants him this season then we won't sell to anyone. We don't need to sell. I guess if someone (Not Leeds) offers something obscene (£35m + £5m add ons for eg) then a decision will need to be made.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Any outstanding player holds all the cards. Just one mention by his agent that he will run his contract down he will get what he wants. Is his contract for another year or two.
It would be nice to have a statement from him on how he enjoyed his stay at Leeds and was now looking forward to playing for Brighton

He has three years left. He’s on low wages. 6 months sat on the bench and it’ll be Ben Who. He needs to play, sitting on the bench for him not playing is far worse than him than Brighton.
The sensible approach is either,

1. Signing a contract extension with the increase in wages knowing that a stellar season will have the world at his feet.
2. Going to a top six club if they stump up the cash

Leeds doesn’t come into it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

If he was pulling up trees in the PL then that's a different situation. As it is he's completed a season in the Championship knowing full well he was heading back to his club. He doesn't hold the cards Bloom does and he's usually very good with them. His contract is 2 years with an option for another one 1.

The ball is very much in Brighton's court, with Bloom holding the cards and Leeds fans barking up the wrong tree, while disappearing up the creek without a paddle.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I’m assuming he’s been offered similar terms to our other regular starters, so running his contract down means he’ll stay on 10K per week instead of around 40K. I doubt his agent would be advising him to do that.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
He has three years left. He’s on low wages. 6 months sat on the bench and it’ll be Ben Who. He needs to play, sitting on the bench for him not playing is far worse than him than Brighton.
The sensible approach is either,

1. Signing a contract extension with the increase in wages knowing that a stellar season will have the world at his feet.
2. Going to a top six club if they stump up the cash

Leeds doesn’t come into it.

Indeed. Ashworth and co knew what they were doing when they gave White a new contract before loaning him out - and refusing to give Leeds a buy option, of course.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m assuming he’s been offered similar terms to our other regular starters, so running his contract down means he’ll stay on 10K per week instead of around 40K. I doubt his agent would be advising him to do that.

This. He and his agent can try to play hardball but Tony has a full house........and will go all in.

-sign a new, enhanced contract
-be transferred, for a RIDICULOUS fee for unproven CB at PL level
-languish in the U23s/on the bench and sulking, and get forgotten

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Indeed. Ashworth and co knew what they were doing when they gave White a new contract before loaning him out - and refusing to give Leeds a buy option, of course.

Agreed. I'm loving how we're playing this boring saga like a Stradivarius at the moment. I'm very confident that whatever happens, we'll be sitting pretty after this has all been played out.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Agreed. I'm loving how we're playing this boring saga like a Stradivarius at the moment. I'm very confident that whatever happens, we'll be sitting pretty after this has all been played out.

We are an extremely well run club with Bloom and co in charge. Whatever happens, 100% we will be sitting pretty once all this is played out

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This. He and his agent can try to play hardball but Tony has a full house........and will go all in.

-sign a new, enhanced contract
-be transferred, for a RIDICULOUS fee for unproven CB at PL level
-languish in the U23s/on the bench and sulking, and get forgotten

Exactly, tho I’m expecting Ben to knuckle down and start getting ready for the season. We have a very exciting squad already and adding to it again this window most likely.

Must be exciting and inspiring for a young player to train with the likes of Lallana, Maupay, Mooy, Trossard, Lamptey etc. And of course his hero, Dunk.

This week will be interesting, especially if the club tweet out their usual training photos..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here