Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You’re making a lot of leaps about Ben White as a character there.

You say he has top 6 aspirations and will demand guaranteed first team pick, then on the other hand you say BW is not a top 6 player.

GP does not have “this is my best 11 mate” approach. He will change from game to game and mid game. There is no question White will be heavily involved with us. Ashworth and Potter have been fairly definite on that so that is not an issue.

If Liverpool or City come in, yes that would likely turn his head. But that’s no different to any player. It may happen for Maupay next year, or Trossard. A consequence of having a good squad.

Fair enough ... I’m not wanting to overly bang on tbh ... the reality will be somewhere between all of our points I’m sure...

If he stays, I just hope he’s happy to do so and not held to his pre Leeds terms... I just can’t see that being a positive outcome. If he signs a new deal, brilliant and if he goes for a ridiculous sum likewise.

Good luck to him though as this saga can’t be easy for a 21 y/o to handle. If he doesn’t go back we all know that the Leeds fans will blame him (which would be ridiculous), as that’s how they roll... sadly.. he’s in a great but tough position.

Hey ho.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I see #freebenwhite has gained momentum on twitter. Thing Leeds don't seem to grasp is if we do 'free Ben White' it almost certainly won't be to them. Got to love all this fuss over little old Brighton's backup CB.
Got to thank Leeds if we do sell him for drumming up all the hype and fake bulls**tery around this, bet Tony's rubbing his hands with every non-story counting a couple of quid more onto his value.
Keep up the good work Leeds.

This weekend media and social media seems all orchestrated by his agent, Leeds Utd and maybe BHAFC as part of whatever negotiations are happening.

I don't think Chelsea or Liverpool are interested at all. Maybe in the future when his brand is worth more and he's had Premier League experience.

Hell, I'd plant the Chelsea and Liverpool stories to make the Leeds fans settle down.

Brighton are in the driving seat based what we know about his current contract (or believe we know!).

I don't think anything will happen until end of August after Potter has spent some time with him face to face and in training.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The common understanding is he has a contract with us for 2 years with an option for a third I believe.

that's been reported club ha option to extend a year. So if his agent wants to play hardball, we could keep him as a player 2 more seasons, exercise the 1 year option then sell in 2 years with a year left........

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
He'd better be ****ing good after all this... :rolleyes:

That proper made me chuckle and it's true.

So much pressure on the young lads shoulders, but I'm sure the club will be looking after him through all this. I'm in the keep him camp and let him earn his place in the first eleven. Got a Manager who's excited to work with him, that's tracked him for a few years, loves working with youngsters, got a good squad to learn, gain experience and gain support from, what's not to like. This is what Tony Bloom and the Academy staff have been working diligently towards. Bringing through young players with a lot of talent/potential, using the loan system to develop them and give them experience. If they're to ditch the first one that's genuinely excited other coaches that have worked with him in the L2, L1 and the Championship, then what message does that send to others coming through.

One thing we know for sure. No matter how much f*uckwittery Leeds fans embarrass themselves with on social media, Tony Bloom will not entertain any nonsense at Board/Director level and will always conduct negotiations on his terms. The barrel-scrapping media can throw around as many rumours as they like, very little of it will be true or corroborated by anyone on the Albion side of things.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He'd better be ****ing good after all this... :rolleyes:

whether he turns out to be the best Ever English defender or a total PL flop, thats besides the point imho.

Leeds united availed of the Loan system, took our player who was their best player, that in part helped them to get promoted. and then rather than be thankful, they start trying to bully, cajole and belittle to try and force what they want, almost certainly (by the sounds of it) tapping up the player in the process.

Right now whatever happens with White, I hope the club stand firmly against these dickheads and parasite Leeds supporters. Leeds are going to be a bottom half competitor, that's one reason of many he can not be Sold to these deluded muppets.

Whatever their noddy fans do, whatever the bid........ face them down, hold the nerve and tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine.

Brighton or top 6 only.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
d35176c09725ade914210ab130a81efb.jpg

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, but we’re a bottom six club and have been for three seasons. Our aspirations are indeed top ten but this might have come along too soon re holding on to a player with top six aspirations ... how can we expect him to be happy? Unless he’s a guaranteed first pick and we embellish our current squad with three or four more top level signings... ?!?

If being guaranteed first pick is at the top if his agenda, he won't be signing for Chelsea or Liverpool this summer!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Let's get our head round this. Leeds desperately want to buy a young Brighton starlet who spent the season on loan and become their young player of the season and was a massive part of their promotion. Leeds are prepared to part with 22 million for his services. Think about it....The mighty Leeds United want to sign a promising youngster for millions from little ol' Brighton. He is our player and he probably wont move, not to Leeds anyway.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Right now whatever happens with White, I hope the club stand firmly against these dickheads and parasite Leeds supporters. Leeds are going to be a bottom half competitor, that's one reason of many he can not be Sold to these deluded muppets.

Whatever their noddy fans do, whatever the bid........ face them down, hold the nerve and tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine.

We’ve got Ben White!
As is, our right!
I just don’t think they understand?
We sent him there on loan.
And all they do is moan!
The worst ****ing fans in the land!

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
whether he turns out to be the best Ever English defender or a total PL flop, thats besides the point imho.

Leeds united availed of the Loan system, took our player who was their best player, that in part helped them to get promoted. and then rather than be thankful, they start trying to bully, cajole and belittle to try and force what they want, almost certainly (by the sounds of it) tapping up the player in the process.

Brighton or top 6 only.

It will suck if we get bullied into this. It sends a terrible message to Brighton supporters, or future supporters. It sets a terrible precedent.

I would hope TB sets his own precedent. That if you act in this manner you definitely ****ed everything up. Hell, tell them they might have had a chance if they hadn't acted this way. That they dug their own grave.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If we're getting offers north of £20m for a young player, surely the decisions lays with GP & TB . . . . Do we want him, and more to the point will he fit in, or do we want the budget to use elsewhere. It really is that simple.

Which ever way it goes it's all good.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Brighton or top 6 only.

Very much agree. Especially the tapping up part

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Fair enough ... I’m not wanting to overly bang on tbh ... the reality will be somewhere between all of our points I’m sure...

If he stays, I just hope he’s happy to do so and not held to his pre Leeds terms... I just can’t see that being a positive outcome. If he signs a new deal, brilliant and if he goes for a ridiculous sum likewise.

Good luck to him though as this saga can’t be eit wasy for a 21 y/o to handle. If he doesn’t go back we all know that the Leeds fans will blame him (which would be ridiculous), as that’s how they roll... sadly.. he’s in a great but tough position.

Hey ho.

he'll be lapping it up. it's only a saga for leeds fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here