Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beat Blackburn or beat Arsenal?

Who would you rather beat?

• Total voters

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Beat Blackburn and draw with the Arse at home and lose after a heroic replay to generate some funds ...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Definitely Arsenal - it would give a real boost to the club to knock a big team out; it would set us up for a money-spinning 5th round tie and with nearly 20 games to go, one match isn't going to affect our play-off chances.

No brainer for me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Blackburn. I'm going to the Arsenal game, but it honestly feels only a cut above a friendly in terms of the lack of nerves. I just struggle to care about it these days.

The only way the magic of the FA Cup can be created is to give the winners the 4th Champions League spot, WHOEVER wins it. I reckon crowds would rise 20% immediately. Just make it relevant and give us back our FA Cup please, FA/UEFA.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I am shocked at the number who would rather beat a shitty nothing northern team which is 1/46 of our fixtures over the one off game against a top prem team in the historic oldest football cup competition.

A win against arsenal and a draw at blackburn, for me.

This is a chance to really stand out as a seriously good team and attract more JCL's with a win...

Absolute no brainer for me...

Jul 20, 2003
here's the thing. We will never win the Prem, we might one day win the FA Cup. I am in my early 40s so can fully remember the overwhealming THRILL of being in the FA Cup final. Beat Blackburn or beat Arsenal .....no debate

Jul 20, 2003
i am shocked at the number who would rather beat a shitty nothing northern team which is 1/46 of our fixtures over the one off game against a top prem team in the historic oldest football cup competition.

This is a chance to really stand out as a seriously good team and attract more jcl's with a win...

yes yes yes

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Trouble is this 'the cup has lost its magic' is a self fulfilling prophecy. No wonder so many people repeat the 'it's all about the league' mantra without even thinking, because it's all we've heard from so many within the game for so long. Poyet's recent comments have hardly helped either. I tell you what will get people talking about the FA Cup again, us beating Arsenal and going on to win it. Maybe it is a dream, but what is life without dreams? Blackburn can suck my puppy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think the cup has lost its magic. The thread was a hypothetical question of which game would you rather win if you had the choice. I voted Blackburn simply for the purpose of the thread.
Obviously if there was a 3rd choice of both, then I would have voted for that.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I am shocked at the number who would rather beat a shitty nothing northern team which is 1/46 of our fixtures over the one off game against a top prem team in the historic oldest football cup competition.

This is a chance to really stand out as a seriously good team and attract more JCL's with a win...

Aren't you a Spurs fan though :facepalm:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Rather beat Arsenal. We're not going up.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place

I honestly can't believe that 30% have voted Arsenal. Yes I would love to beat them, but 3pts in the league is much more important.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia

No brainer for me, too – in the grand scheme of things, and certainly with the club's longer-term ambitions in mind, the Blackburn game is much more important than the Arsenal game. As is every other league game this season. The importance of a game is not solely dependent on the size and glamour of the opponents; otherwise this Cup game would be bigger than a play-off final against, say, Hull City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here