Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Saints 1 up

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I saw Gonzo a couple of weeks ago, and he was pathetic. Poke atleast has some football league experience. If we retain Gonzo, even to be a number 3, it makes a mockery of the development squad goalkeepers in my opinion. Daniel East and Josh(?) James, they've got no route into the first team if we have someone like Gonzo in the way for no real reason. Just a waste of wages, having Brezovan/Ankergren plus a new #1 and then the development squad. I seriously question the point of having a squad below our first team, do we have any intention of using those players at any point? It remains to be seen.

Most clubs have 3 goalkeepers who they can call apon for a first team fixture, our development keepers are very young and if we get an injury and a suspension then we are putting pressure on East to fill the gap.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
To be fair Glas you wouldnt say that if you were still in wales.... you are lucky that you now have a choice.

true Sully but its become a bit of a joke when I was in wales I just went without and followed them on sky sports news and they took that off as well so it was down to Cefax or teletex but now we have BBC red button.
they have no excuse really its not rocket science .........or is it dare I say we don't count any longer.
We still support them is it reciprocal

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
At last - player up for Albion bias commentary!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Why? Assulin isn't a left winger. He's a luxury. He would be a pointless signing, offers absolutely nothing other than dancing around looking like a brilliant player without ever scoring a goal, or creating any.

you're not a happy bunny today are you? :lol:

glass half empty?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Most clubs have 3 goalkeepers who they can call apon for a first team fixture, our development keepers are very young and if we get an injury and a suspension then we are putting pressure on East to fill the gap.

I don't agree with that, I would be very suprised if "most clubs" have 3 goalkeepers in a first team squad. I might be wrong, but it's a waste of resources. There's always the loan market, if you really don't think your younger players are capable of stepping up yet.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Saints 2 up

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
player now on
will see how long it lasts today

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
halle....f***ing.......llujah!

and a grudging "these glitches happen from time to time"

Is it my imagination or are we a bit disjointed today?

thats because they knew we could not listen to our super team.................lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here