Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I thought Gus was supposed to be starting with his best team today? Dicker? Gonzalez?

I don't think he saod that, a strong team yes, I don't think he really talks in the terms of fat blokes in the pub though. He's strengthened in one area and weakened another, I don't really see the point of Gonzalez but it's not a huge thing really.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Finally Barnsley player working...... dont know whos fault that seasgulls player isnt working but someone deserves a tongue lashing. Dont they check before hand?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Suprised by the team line up, but then I suppose we shouldn't be now. Every game there are a number of changes.

I think the only reason Gonzo didn't play against Birmingham was because Gus didn't want him playing in front of the home fans again. Would much rather Ankergren be given a run out. Or Michael Poke. How bad can he be?!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

ALBION
21. David Gonzalez
14. Inigo Calderon
5. Lewis Dunk
6. Adam El-Abd
2. Joe Mattock
26. Liam Bridcutt
18. Gary Dicker
30. Will Buckley
15. Rodriguez Vicente
9. Ashley Barnes
12. Craig Mackail-Smith
SUBS
16. Casper Ankergren (GK)
8. Alan Navarro
10. Matthew Sparrow
13. Gai Assulin
24. Sam Vokes

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Come on The Albion

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Suprised by the team line up, but then I suppose we shouldn't be now. Every game there are a number of changes.

I think the only reason Gonzo didn't play against Birmingham was because Gus didn't want him playing in front of the home fans again. Would much rather Ankergren be given a run out. Or Michael Poke. How bad can he be?!

If you saw Poke at Northampton last year you wouldn't ask! I think Gonzo is getting the chance to extend his deal as back-up for next year - Anks I am sure will go plus either Brez or Gonzo with a new keeper to come in......................................... my guess anyway

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If you saw Poke at Northampton last year you wouldn't ask! I think Gonzo is getting the chance to extend his deal as back-up for next year - Anks I am sure will go plus either Brez or Gonzo with a new keeper to come in......................................... my guess anyway
Do we really need THREE senior keepers? If so, the development squad begins to seem pointless.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Looks like they are not able or not bothered to get an Albion-centric commentary today....... ah well it IS the end of the season

......................... and no SB you are right - we don't need three senior keepers. I think we will only retain one of the current crop with a new keeper to come

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I am pleases that Gai Assulin is included in the squad and Will Buckley and Vicente are in the staring line-up. Disappointed that Kazenga Lualua is not on the bench.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
perhaps Assulin and Vokes are on the bench as Gus is considering getting them in full time next season. The only reason why I can think Lua Lua or Agdestein are not in.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

I saw Gonzo a couple of weeks ago, and he was pathetic. Poke atleast has some football league experience. If we retain Gonzo, even to be a number 3, it makes a mockery of the development squad goalkeepers in my opinion. Daniel East and Josh(?) James, they've got no route into the first team if we have someone like Gonzo in the way for no real reason. Just a waste of wages, having Brezovan/Ankergren plus a new #1 and then the development squad. I seriously question the point of having a squad below our first team, do we have any intention of using those players at any point? It remains to be seen.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Looks like they are not able or not bothered to get an Albion-centric commentary today....... ah well it IS the end of the season

its the end with me and player altogether .......not even an apology

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
its the end with me and player altogether .......not even an apology

To be fair Glas you wouldnt say that if you were still in wales.... you are lucky that you now have a choice.

D

Deleted User X18H

albion
21. David gonzalez
14. Inigo calderon
5. Lewis dunk
6. Adam el-abd
2. Joe mattock
26. Liam bridcutt
18. Gary dicker
30. Will buckley
15. Rodriguez vicente
9. Ashley barnes
12. Craig mackail-smith
subs
16. Casper ankergren (gk)
8. Alan navarro
10. Matthew sparrow
13. Gai assulin
24. Sam vokes

FCOL his name is Vicente Rodriguez. He can have Vicente on the back of his shirt because he is brilliant.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I'm assuming the singing we can hear in the background is from our lads and the moans from the Barnsley fans?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here