Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

barnes signs

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
A good signins and Ash will turn out to be a real catch for us...thought maybe not in season 1

I think we are now a comptetive league 1 side

I'd say we need another forward and a left winger to put us in the play off bracket

And another defender and maybe an attacking midfleder who can also play on the right to make us contenders.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Barnes is clearly improving and seems to be very happy to be here, win, win but I see him coming off the bench for a while yet, we still need another out and out striker. Hopefully Lua Lua will be back although like most people I am indifferent to Hendrie. Greer would be good as long as we don'y pay too much for him but I have a lot of confidence in Gus and his team. Holroyd the jury's out on but as Gus hasn't shipped him out he must see something. Let's face it, Barnes previous experience was hardly phenomenal before he came here was it ?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Blooming marvelous, Gus what we needed.

Just one more big name striker please Uncle Tony and a centre back and maybe a left winger if you can find one. xoxox

Last edited:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
GK - Sorted
LB and RB - a little short of cover
CB - need a first choice, Dunk and AEA as Back up
CM - Think we have enough here
RW /LW - Definately need a LW (hopefully LUA LUA a little short of cover)
Strikers - Go on spend a million and surprise us !

Hopefully get in LuaLua (season long loan), Greer (or AN other) , a squad winger that can play L or R, The elusive 25 goal man (Le fondre ?) - that team would challenge for automatic promotion, at present upper mid -table.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Despite my rather harsh words on the other thread, I am quite pleased with this signing, as long as Barnes is seen only a squad striker who chips in with a few goals, and isn't going to be relied on as the much talked about 20+ goal a season man.

Assuming we bring in another striker, I think the lack of pressure on Barnes could help him flourish.

I think he looks an intelligent player, with his movement helping him to get into good positions when we're attacking.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
GK - Sorted
LB and RB - a little short of cover
CB - need a first choice, Dunk and AEA as Back up
CM - Think we have enough here
RW /LW - Definately need a LW (hopefully LUA LUA a little short of cover)
Strikers - Go on spend a million and surprise us !

Hopefully get in LuaLua (season long loan), Greer (or AN other) , a squad winger that can play L or R, The elusive 25 goal man (Le fondre ?) - that team would challenge for automatic promotion, at present upper mid -table.

Agree with that but i would like one quality central free scoring midfielder as well.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think he looks an intelligent player, with his movement helping him to get into good positions when we're attacking.

I think this is part of the attraction of Barnes, he came to us with a so-so record, but showed some intelligence and good positioning, and evidently valued the input from Gus and Co, and as a result, nicked a few goals. That is all you can ask. Will he get a hat full this coming season? No idea, depends on what other strikers we bring in, plus how well the ball gets distributed to him, but he is only 20, and is showing all the right stuff to do well.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Delighted. He'll be good for us this year. He clearly has Poyet's confidence and, due to Murray's disciplinary record and Poyet's outspoken views about it, I genuinely think he'll be our preferred starter with a new striker (even after Murray returns).

As for those saying he won't score 20 goals this season - Prove it!

He's 20, works hard, has the manager's faith, fitted in well to the team style and ethic and scored goals for us.

I am very pleased.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

I cant work out Barnes. I cannot tell you what any of his best attributes are, but you cannot deny he scores goals, and has a pretty decent goals/games ratio.

He just has that natural nack of being in the right place at the right time, something which you cannot teach

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Delighted. He'll be good for us this year. He clearly has Poyet's confidence and, due to Murray's disciplinary record and Poyet's outspoken views about it, I genuinely think he'll be our preferred starter with a new striker (even after Murray returns).

As for those saying he won't score 20 goals this season - Prove it!

He's 20, works hard, has the manager's faith, fitted in well to the team style and ethic and scored goals for us.

I am very pleased.

You don't need to prove it.You can tell by his game he isn't that type of player.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Good signings as no gelling bollocks can be used

Yeah, I f***ing hate that "time to gell" crap. Supposed to be professional footballers! Maybe the first month or so, at most !

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Could be a good player for the future buit some people on here rate far too highly in my opinion from what I saw of him, looked pretty average to me but hope he proves to be a good signing

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Well happy with this signing, but the more i look at it the more i think we need to get Greer.

Just pay the money and be done with it

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I cant work out Barnes. I cannot tell you what any of his best attributes are, but you cannot deny he scores goals, and has a pretty decent goals/games ratio.

He just has that natural nack of being in the right place at the right time, something which you cannot teach

He's reasonably quick, pretty good in the air, and he WORKS the defenders.

I like him.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
He's reasonably quick, pretty good in the air, and he WORKS the defenders.

I like him.

dont get me wrong, I like him, he puts the round leather thing in the netty type thing. Just watching him, I find it hard to see what attributes get him to such a good goal scoring ratio.

I dont mind if he does f*** all 89 minutes, as long as he puts the ball in the net. He is still young, so no doubt will become much much better. He is younger than Holroyd, only a couple of years older than Barker and better than the both of them.

Not sure if him and Murray will work together that well, so it looks like 1 up front for now with either/or playing, not both

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Very pleased with this; he already showed us he can get goals, which is his main responsibility...

That said, have to agree that we are still one (key) striker short...

We also need to sort out the left side of midfield, and good point raised above re cover for Bennett... who is that? Don't think we have anyone else who can play right wing? (please don't say Carole)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Miley+Cyrus+Signs+Copies+Miles+Go+Barnes+Noble+6iSbv8PKJXCl.jpg

I would

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here