Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

barnes signs

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Good signing. Although, as I said in the other thread, I do think we still need a new first choice striker, it is comforting that Holroyd won't be the lone striker at Swindon or Northampton. A good player at this level and at only 20 he will hopefully improve.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Really impressed with his performances for us last season. Hopefully he will carry it on and improve with the rest of the squad :smile:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good signing. Although, as I said in the other thread, I do think we still need a new first choice striker, it is comforting that Holroyd won't be the lone striker at Swindon or Northampton. A good player at this level and at only 20 he will hopefully improve.

I was going to say the same thing. Excellent signing, but another similar quality striker to share the load is required or we're not going to challenge.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I was going to say the same thing. Excellent signing, but another similar quality striker to share the load is required or we're not going to challenge.

As much as I think (and obviously hope) that Holroyd will improve, I will be worried if he is our main back up striker at the start of the season (especially with Murray missing the first two games).

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
four i think;

centre half
striker
left winger
attacking center midfield

Agree about centre half and striker....although this has been an ongoing thread since last season ended !!
Left winger will (hopefully be Lua Lua )....again an ongoing thread for the last 6 weeks .
Attacking midfielder will (hopefully) become Matt Sparrow. Gus talks enthusiastically about him being a 'box to box player' who can score goals.
There are also the Argentinian lads, so i reckon that the midfield may be sort of OK....always an opportunity to improve though, but not a pressing need imho !

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yep one more proven striker to come

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here