Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

barnes signs

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
He's nowhere near as good as some of you make out...

Thought he was pretty damn good , when his goals helped us stay in League 1.
Strong, direct, and now with the help of Gus and Tanno, can only get better.
More to the point...i think Gus's opinion of him , is maybe slightly more important than yours.
Gus thinks he is more than good, otherwise he wouldnt have been chasing him this summer .

Funny how some people here think we have better knowledge about certain players , than a guy who has played top level football, and is probably going to become a fantastic manger.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
:yahoo:
austria-flag.jpg

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Having seen both Barnes and Holroid in conference football, I would say that Ashley Barnes stood head and shoulders above Holroid re ability etc

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Having seen both Barnes and Holroid in conference football, I would say that Ashley Barnes stood head and shoulders above Holroid re ability etc

Not sure Holroyd will be here after January ... maybe with a good pre season behind him, he may come good.
Wonder if Gus actually watched him before signing, or whether it was a Barry Lloyd 'recommendation' ?
With another 'striker signing' then i thing he maybe surplus to requirements !

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not sure Holroyd will be here after January ... maybe with a good pre season behind him, he may come good.
Wonder if Gus actually watched him before signing, or whether it was a Barry Lloyd 'recommendation' ?
With another 'striker signing' then i thing he maybe surplus to requirements !

Hadn't Lloyd moved away from chief scout by then? Gus doesn't seem the type of managed to accept that type of thing anyway.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Despite my rather harsh words on the other thread, I am quite pleased with this signing, as long as Barnes is seen only a squad striker who chips in with a few goals, and isn't going to be relied on as the much talked about 20+ goal a season man.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Maybe yes.... but i thought that Lloyd was still at the club .
Can anyone help us here ???
Lloyd was still the chief scout at the time. I did have the same thought as you but that might just be wishful thinking for Gus' judgement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here