Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes: Couldnt score in a Brothel?

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
2 clear cut open goals from 6 yards, the sort of thing your 10 year old son would put away with ease and both have gone sailing over the bar? Anything the lickers would like to say? If we lose from here questions have to be asked.

Are u there? do you have a live feed in your bedroom?

No thought not..

Please f*** off and when you get back f*** off again

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Are u there? do you have a live feed in your bedroom?

No thought not..

Please f*** off and when you get back f*** off again

:lolol:

Yes lets cover up the massive defiencies in our strike force with excessive swearing.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Not sure why Hustpierpoint feels the need to post like a smug little twat when he's given me so much shit for negativity.

He's got a point though, sadly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm off ..binfest time

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
And now Barnes has cost us points. Well done him.

And yet you still don't have the intelligence to debate his positives and negatives. An even bigger well done to you and the glee you seem to take from the fact Barnes' misses have 'cost us the game'.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Not sure why Hustpierpoint feels the need to post like a smug little twat when he's given me so much shit for negativity.

He's got a point though, sadly.

A third division striker might have missed a chance or two?

Not exactly front page news.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

Evidently, hence it won't be on the front pages.

Just a shame it's more like a chance or 8.

We have one striker getting in the positions (Barnes) and one striker scoring a few goals who wins the ball in the air and creates chances for us.

Unfortunately though our failure to get the 20 goal a season man may be what costs us promotion. Barnes isn't that, despite what some people seem to think.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

More to the point a young striker missed a chance or two. Anyone who can't see that Barnes is a great prospect is either an idiot or really hasn't been watching football for very long. Getting in those positions is a skill in itself - with experience he'll get better and better.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Still need that forward that we didn't manage to sign. Barnes is so close to being it, but he has to score from these chances.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
everyone is getting on this guys balls, its true?

he did miss chances that he should of put away and we did lose 2 points, i think hes a good striker but hes got to be putting these away to keep the top of the league spot!

tell me to f off or whatever but we cant throw away points like this!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Remember , Bobby Zamora used to have his off games too

In the last 3 games, Barnes has missed two sitters today & scored nothing,
Missed at least two sitters against Brentford & didn't score & missed at least 4 sitters against Oldham and scored one goal.

So in the last 3 games he has had at least 9 clear one on one goal attempts & scored once.

That return is not good.

Admittedly he gets into scoring positions, however, if we have promotion aspirations then is Barnes our man for this league, let alone the Championship?

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Against Oldham Barnes was on fire, their keeper was also unfortunately on fire so I think you can hardly class any of his non goal scoring attempts as misses because they were definately on target. No I was not at todays game but so f***ing what if he misses a few, if he could put away every chance that came his way he'd be playing for a premiership club not us. The lad is a f***ing good prospect & has scored some vital goals so lay off him, support your team & it's players or go watch Man Utd & come to the realisation that Rooney doesn't score with every attempt either.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
He is a great player, i'd rather him get in goal scoring positions than not get near the goal at all. He has won us a few matches this season and we are top of the league. I think that is pretty good.

Thats great as in Pele, Maradona, Puskas, Zidane is it?

That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever seen....he is ( at present ) an ordinary journeyman footballer in the lower divisions. He is not a clinical finisher, thats why we picked him up relatively easily and cheaply.
Gus must be hoping that he starts to convert a higher percentage of chances but we all know, in our heart of hearts, that if we had a Lee Barnard playing alongside Murray, we would be scoring more goals.
Barnes has youth on his side and should improve but I am not convinced that he is a 20+ a season man.
Both our strikers have 3 goals in 10 games, which would equate to 12-15 each this season. Those calling for a 25 goal man may be proved right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here