Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnard loan blocked

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Lee Barnard will never forget stepping out at the Lane for the first time in the Premiership.

The reserve team hitman - 18 goals already this term in the FA Premier Reserve League - made the substitutes’ bench for the first time this season in Sunday’s Premiership victory against Charlton.

Things looked good for the 21-year-old to make his debut with us coasting into a 3-0 lead but the chances of ‘Barney’ stepping into the action diminished when Jerome Thomas pulled a goal back for Charlton in the 69th minute.

Nevertheless, it was a day to remember. "It was great to be in the squad and to make the bench and I was itching to get on but it just didn’t happen," reflected Lee back at Spurs Lodge this week.
"I FELT AT 3-0 THERE MIGHT BE A CHANCE OF A STRIKER GETTING ON BUT I WAS WARMING UP WHEN THEY SCORED AND ALTHOUGH I DIDN’T KNOW STRAIGHT AWAY, I HAD THE FEELING THEN THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN MY CHANCE GONE.

"I’ll get my head down again in training this week, work hard and hopefully I’ll be in the squad again.

"The lads made me really welcome and the reaction from the fans was brilliant - the fact they gave me a great reception is something I’ll always remember and no-one can take that away from me."

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle C said:
Its simple and has been said a 1000 times.

1. We have no money.
2. Knight will not take this club into greater debt.

Sad but true
:( :(

1. We have AT LEAST £100k that we were prepared to spend on Tom Brighton
2. See above, and the fact that we are after loan players...

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
B.W. said:
1. We have AT LEAST £100k that we were prepared to spend on Tom Brighton
2. See above, and the fact that we are after loan players...

But if you spend 100k on a player that is an investment. The player is then an asset. If you spend it on a loan players wages it is gone.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
So now it's McGhee's fault we can't get anyone on loan. I'll say again... but louder....

WHY WOULL ANYONE ANY GOOD WANT TO COME TO A TEAM WITH NO MONEY, FUTURE GROUND STILL NOT ASSURED, WITH AN UNSETTLED TEAM AND A GROUP OF FANS HAPPY TO SLAG OFF EVERY MEMBER OF THE TEAM AT DIFFERENT TIMES HALF OF WHOM WANT THE MANAGER OUT?

Only a player who's not much better than we've already got, maybe?

We may have thought it funny what McCammon did last week or even applaudede him but what do you think propsective loan signings thought of the club after reading that?

Nothing to do with McGhee. Kudos to him for not throwing up his hands in the air and walking out.

MM is responsible for signing loan players (and perm players for that matter), so, yes... it has to be his failing if he doesn't sign the players HE says he needs...

We have less debt than most clubs, and money in our transfer kitty...

MM is denying any problem with team spirit... if there is a problem with this, the mananger has to accept some of the responsibility for that...

Our fans are quite literally awared-winning... you slagging them off is a fcuking joke...

I really don't think that prospective loan signings give a flying fcuk what McCammon said or did... remember, loan signings are NOT making a long-term committment to the club...

MM is not really in a great position if he walks out, especially since he has an (undeserved) reputation for flouncing out of clubs...

In short, you are talking utter bollox...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rangdo said:
But if you spend 100k on a player that is an investment. The player is then an asset. If you spend it on a loan players wages it is gone.

It is not assets and players for the future that we need now it i goals and points.

Lets worry about staying up NOW and next season and the future in May.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BensGrandad said:
It is not assets and players for the future that we need now it i goals and points.

Lets worry about staying up NOW and next season and the future in May.

Yes, but if you spend it on a loan player to stay up this season then it is gone and the player with it at the end of the season. Then where does that leave us next season? No money, no player and everyone whinging because we're doing shite just like now. Great. Nothing like a good quick fix without forward thinking eh?

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Rangdo said:

If that loan player keeps you in the CCC, then that is an investment... and many loan players go on to sign on a perm...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Rangdo said:
Yes, but if you spend it on a loan player to stay up this season then it is gone and the player with it at the end of the season. Then where does that leave us next season? No money, no player and everyone whinging because we're doing shite just like now. Great. Nothing like a good quick fix without forward thinking eh?

You are missing the point... avoiding relegation IS important to the fuiture of our club... or are you one of the idiots who think it is OK if the club go down?...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rangdo said:

Therre will be a number of free transfers etc available in the summer for us to look at and as MM says we are 2 players away from being a decent CCC side so it wont be difficult in the summer with the choice available.

Plus we would have that extra £1m to spend on our budget that we have preserved by staying up this season.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
B.W. said:
If that loan player keeps you in the CCC, then that is an investment... and many loan players go on to sign on a perm...

Not a tangible investment. A bought player will be there either way. However just because we get a loan player doesn't mean we'll stay up so it isn't an ivestment. It's a gamble.
Also, the type of players we need on loan to keep us up will not be signing for us permanently I'm afraid.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Rangdo said:

But if we get an experienced striker, he will be able to advise the youngsters how to hit a cow's arse with a banjo, and add long-term value to them. :lolol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
B.W. said:
or are you one of the idiots who think it is OK if the club go down?...

So I'm an idiot because my opinion differs to yours? Nothing like a good debate between two adults is there?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BensGrandad said:
Therre will be a number of free transfers etc available in the summer for us to look at and as MM says we are 2 players away from being a decent CCC side so it wont be difficult in the summer with the choice available.

Plus we would have that extra £1m to spend on our budget that we have preserved by staying up this season.

You don't know that will be the case. It is more likely we'll be struggling to even pick up the scraps just like every other time we look for players.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ther players will be there it is just a matter of getting our finger out to sign them rather than wait until the end of July to save paying an extra months wages.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BensGrandad said:
Ther players will be there it is just a matter of getting our finger out to sign them rather than wait until the end of July to save paying an extra months wages.

The players will be there it is just a matter of finding ones that are good enough, that we can afford their demands and that we can miraculously persuade to come here.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Rangdo said:
Not a tangible investment. A bought player will be there either way. However just because we get a loan player doesn't mean we'll stay up so it isn't an ivestment. It's a gamble.
Also, the type of players we need on loan to keep us up will not be signing for us permanently I'm afraid.

Signing a perm player is also a gamble... may turn out to be pants... may get long-term injury, etc...

We have signed Henderson on loan... is he not CCC-standard?...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Rangdo said:
So I'm an idiot because my opinion differs to yours? Nothing like a good debate between two adults is there?

So, do I take it from that vou are OK with us getting relegated?...

Back to the debate... our squad is 1 player short of a club that can survive (this is our manangers POV)... the transfer window has closed, so we can only sign players on loan...

Do we:

a) just give up, not even try to improve the squad, and accept that we may well get relegated?

OR

b) try to bring someone in on loan, thereby increasing the chances of staying up?

I plump for (b)...

Are you going for (a)?...

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BensGrandad said:
Provided the cost is nominal and not likely to bring on sever reprecussuions if the ploy fails.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here