Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnard loan blocked

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Tubthumper said:
Totally agree. McGhee has now had over 5 weeks to bring someone in...he has so far failed. If he doesn't bring anyone in for the Leicester and Crewe games then there will surely have to be a big question mark against him.

So now it's McGhee's fault we can't get anyone on loan. I'll say again... but louder....

WHY WOULL ANYONE ANY GOOD WANT TO COME TO A TEAM WITH NO MONEY, FUTURE GROUND STILL NOT ASSURED, WITH AN UNSETTLED TEAM AND A GROUP OF FANS HAPPY TO SLAG OFF EVERY MEMBER OF THE TEAM AT DIFFERENT TIMES HALF OF WHOM WANT THE MANAGER OUT?

Only a player who's not much better than we've already got, maybe?

We may have thought it funny what McCammon did last week or even applaudede him but what do you think propsective loan signings thought of the club after reading that?

Nothing to do with McGhee. Kudos to him for not throwing up his hands in the air and walking out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told today by 'somebody very close to the board at BHA' that we were minutes away from signing Dion Dublin he apparently received a call just prior to signing for us telling him not to sign as Celtic had been in touch and were interested.

Also the deal was done with Clyde for Tom Brighton and Clyde tried to have us over by upping the price and DK told them to f..Off. If this is true, for the first time I applaud Dick Knight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
BensGrandad said:
I was told today by 'somebody very close to the board at BHA' that we were minutes away from signing Dion Dublin he apparently received a call just prior to signing for us telling him not to sign as Celtic had been in touch and were interested.

It was a big mistake for McGhee to laughingly tell his mate wee Gordon he'd found a replacement for Virgo at considerably less than the inflated 1.5 million he'd conned him out of pre-season. Should have got Dion's signature first.:lolol:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
BensGrandad said:

Also the deal was done with Clyde for Tom Brighton and Clyde tried to have us over by upping the price and DK told them to f..Off. If this is true, for the first time I applaud Dick Knight.
i heard that from some1 very close to mcghee! was told last monday night the deal was done personal terms and everything agreed and then on tuesday lunchtime that the deal was dead cos clyde got a little greedy

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
BensGrandad said:

Wasn't that in the Argus?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Been away for a couple of days - Is this Barnard story real ?
I can't believe we're going to miss out again if it is. I came back today feeling confident we'd beat Leicester on Saturday with our new striker and it looks like we've been blown out again.

You could'nt make this shit up !

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
southstandandy said:
Been away for a couple of days - Is this Barnard story real ?
I can't believe we're going to miss out again if it is. I came back today feeling confident we'd beat Leicester on Saturday with our new striker and it looks like we've been blown out again.

You could'nt make this shit up !

Totaly agree, yet again we fail to deliver the goods during transfer and loan windows. We NEED someone berfore Saturday!

The minute Barnard broke into the first team squad, this was inevitable, so let's move on.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The Barnard story was make-believe. You don't go public on loan signings before you've signed the player. I guess somebody thought they could placate the fans by doing this.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
mona said:
The Barnard story was make-believe. You don't go public on loan signings before you've signed the player. I guess somebody thought they could placate the fans by doing this.

I am glad somebody else said this. I would have been slated rotten had I suggested it. What is DK profession?

mona said:

Yeah, brilliant strategy that. Get the fans hopes up with a fake story and then leave them in the dumps.

Oh what a master PR strategist that Dick Knight is.

Isn't it great that everyone's a conspiracy theorist these days? Who's to blame, the JFK assassination nutters or Mulder and Scully?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
London Irish said:
Yeah, brilliant strategy that. Get the fans hopes up with a fake story and then leave them in the dumps.

Oh what a master PR strategist that Dick Knight is.

Isn't it great that everyone's a conspiracy theorist these days? Who's to blame, the JFK assassination nutters or Mulder and Scully?
they were obviously expecting to sign him! did seem very un mcghee like to let out who his targets were i also thought that at the time

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
LI

I cannot believe that you are so short sighted. It is the easiest thing going to make it appear that we are trying to sign players but knowing that we have no money , realistically we are trying to sign nobody, just making token gestures. DK phones Andy Naylor and tell him the news.

Typical example in The Argus;

Brighton have put in bids to buy Freddie Eastwood from Southend, Geoff Horsfield and Kevin Campbell from WBA but in each case we have been unsuccessful. We are trying said DK as our enquiries will show.

Sch.......... dont tell the fans we offered £10k for each player but what the statement says is true.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
No, the crazy thing is to plan to sign a player on loan and then announce it in the local paper. You alert all the other clubs of the player's availability and invite somebody else to sign him.
How many successful Albion loan deals in the past have been announced as the Barnard deal was?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
BensGrandad said:
LI

I cannot believe that you are so short sighted. It is the easiest thing going to make it appear that we are trying to sign players but knowing that we have no money , realistically we are trying to sign nobody, just making token gestures. DK phones Andy Naylor and tell him the news.

Typical example in The Argus;

Brighton have put in bids to buy Freddie Eastwood from Southend, Geoff Horsfield and Kevin Campbell from WBA but in each case we have been unsuccessful. We are trying said DK as our enquiries will show.

Sch.......... dont tell the fans we offered £10k for each player but what the statement says is true.

But you said your self the club were minutes away from getting Dublin and had all but signed Brighton from Clyde make up your mind

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here