Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnard loan blocked

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
vulture said:
But you said your self the club were minutes away from getting Dublin and had all but signed Brighton from Clyde make up your mind

That I believe, but I wonder if Barnard wasa realistic target or had somebody been reading NSC and thought that who the fans want so we will say we have tried to sign him but failed, that keeps them happy.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
We also came very close to getting a few others during the window.I like everyone am pissed off no new faces have arrived but MM is trying to bring in a better striker than some of the shite we have already.
Im sure if he brings in a new face and that player is a pile of shite he will be slated.
As you all know I am no MM fan but for fucks sake lets cut all this bull shit that the club is not trying to bring in better players.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
BensGrandad said:
That I believe, but I wonder if Barnard wasa realistic target or had somebody been reading NSC and thought that who the fans want so we will say we have tried to sign him but failed, that keeps them happy.

The club cant help what Nalyor writes in the argus.How ever I agree we should of kept quite about it until he had signed

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BensGrandad said:

I emailed the club about him

BensGrandad said:
LI

I cannot believe that you are so short sighted. It is the easiest thing going to make it appear that we are trying to sign players but knowing that we have no money , realistically we are trying to sign nobody, just making token gestures. DK phones Andy Naylor and tell him the news.

Typical example in The Argus;

Brighton have put in bids to buy Freddie Eastwood from Southend, Geoff Horsfield and Kevin Campbell from WBA but in each case we have been unsuccessful. We are trying said DK as our enquiries will show.

Sch.......... dont tell the fans we offered £10k for each player but what the statement says is true.

....and here's our very own resident of the Withdean grassy knoll :)

KinkyNormanBaker said:
I emailed the club about him

Out of interest, when did you do this? Just so we can guage when we started looking at him?

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
MM hinted about having to drop down the list.Can only think Barnard was at the bottom of the list and by the time we went for him the window had closed on us.

KinkyNormanBaker said:
3 weeks before the transfer window shut

Cheers

vulture said:
MM hinted about having to drop down the list.Can only think Barnard was at the bottom of the list and by the time we went for him the window had closed on us.

Surely the window has little to do with it, we could loan him tomorrow if all parties agreed - the fact he was on the Spurs bench on Sunday is the real answer. You face an uphill battle now he's had a glimpse of the big time to convince him he would now be better off coming to us, regardless of what the Spurs coaches might think.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
London Irish said:
Surely the window has little to do with it, we could loan him tomorrow if all parties agreed - the fact he was on the Spurs bench on Sunday is the real answer. You face an uphill battle now he's had a glimpse of the big time to convince him he would now be better off coming to us, regardless of what the Spurs coaches might think.

Well a least you won the battle of wits with bens grandad tonight

vulture said:

That really is insulting with faint praise :D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyNormanBaker said:
3 weeks before the transfer window shut

I can vouch for that as we discussed it before he emailed the club.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I reckon Barnard would have come to us if offered because he's only played lower league level or reserve team football before now, and knows that he doesn't have a bright future at Spurs.

Too slow, again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
vulture said:

Sorry to disappoint you but I have not been at the computer all evening I have been busy elsewhere.

The fact that he was on the bench last weekend will matter not one iota when Mido gets back. Martin Jol and Chris Houghton will point out to him that he has dropped back down the list and the best course for him to is go out on loan. They want him to play 1st team games for somebody because they have given him a new 2 yr contract and view him for the future. Due to their injuries etc that is not possible now.

So perhaps we may have more luck, that is if the club are sufficiently interested, in a couple of weeks. Lets hope that is not too late!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here