Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnard loan blocked

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:
Apart from Shipperley you mean? (And the 3 or 4 other unnamed targets)

LOAD target dear Simster. He's been the only name mentioned in the last week or so and we seemed to be putting all our eggs in his basket and now he can't come and we're f***ed again.

There MUST be something more that could be done to find some players.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But CHAPPSTICK, I don't want McGhee to go public on potential LOAD signings for fear of alerting other clubs.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:
But CHAPPSTICK, I don't want McGhee to go public on potential LOAD signings for fear of alerting other clubs.

I didn't mean to write LOAD there but I've got a cold today so it's rather APT.

There's not argue dear boy, I can't be ARSED.

xx

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is it just me or do we usually seem to be one step behind with loan / transfer targets? If we'd have approached Spurs about Barnard at the start of Jan we might have got him.

McGhee better get someone in before Leicester.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pavilionaire said:
Is it just me or do we usually seem to be one step behind with loan / transfer targets? If we'd have approached Spurs about Barnard at the start of Jan we might have got him.

McGhee better get someone in before Leicester.

Totally agree. McGhee has now had over 5 weeks to bring someone in...he has so far failed. If he doesn't bring anyone in for the Leicester and Crewe games then there will surely have to be a big question mark against him.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
John Boy said:
Albion's hopes of having Lee Barnard in their attack for Saturday's crunch clash at home to Leicester have been dashed by Spurs.

The north London giants are refusing to let Barnard leave White Hart Lane on loan.

The 21-year-old prospect, fresh from 14 goals in seven games for the reserves, was on the bench ahead of unsettled former Derby striker Grezgorz Rasiak for Sunday's Premiership win at home to Charlton.

Albion manager Mark McGhee's worst fears were confirmed when he contacted Tottenham yesterday.

"They are not going to let him (Barnard) out," McGhee said. "That is a huge disappointment."

If McGhee's loan hunt draws a blank then Gary Hart, Jake Robinson, Colin Kazim-Richards and Chris McPhee will fight it out for the two forward spots against relegation rivals Leicester.

"We still have one or two others we are pursuing and we're not giving up," McGhee said. "We are also not giving up on improving the strikers we already have. I've looked very carefully at the game at Coventry on Saturday and some of our play was excellent.

"As long as we are still trying our upmost to find a player that is going to help us, as we have been, then we cannot do any more than that.

"Equally, we have got to keep working with the ones we have to improve them to a point where, before the end of the season, we get enough goals and points to stay up."

French pair Alex Frutos (dead leg) and Seb Carole (ankle), plus Irish duo Paul McShane (back) and Wayne Henderson (hip) should all be fit to play against Leicester.

:(

No surprise there then is there! I would have been stunned if he had come here! :nono:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Gwylan said:
No doubt Spurs refusing to release him is McGhee's fault too.
Well perhaps, you know, asking Spurs if he was available before going on about him for a week would've been sensible?

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Silent Bob said:
Well perhaps, you know, asking Spurs if he was available before going on about him for a week would've been sensible?

God. What an interesting idea. Bet McGhee never would have thought of that.:salute:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Uncle C said:
God. What an interesting idea. Bet McGhee never would have thought of that.:salute:

???

So you are saying he did?

Yuo are saying that he contacted Spurs, they said he wasn't available, and then he went on about him for a week anyway? ??? ??? ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, due to our circumstances we're never going to be one of the most active clubs in any given transfer window. But I have NEVER seen us have so much difficulty getting a player down here either on loan or as a permanent signing. Even if the player has been a bit gash, we usually manage to add SOMEONE to the roster (sorry, too much Superbowl).

Whats changed ? Is there a more serious underlying problem that we are not fully aware of ? Why are we getting turned down each and every single time now, where in previousl seasons we've managed to add a new face or two ? Every two-bob club in the League seems to manage to make a signing or two, why not us ? Are we setting our sights too high and simlpy being unrealistic ? Have we not cast the net wide enough ? Are we looking in the right places ?How many more questions can I ask in one paragraph ?

Concerned, of Southwick.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Silent Bob said:
???

So you are saying he did?

Yuo are saying that he contacted Spurs, they said he wasn't available, and then he went on about him for a week anyway? ??? ??? ???

Where did that scenario come from apart from your distorted reasoning?

Why is everything so black and white in your life. There are shades of grey you know.;)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Uncle C said:
Where did that scenario come from apart from your distorted reasoning?

Why is everything so black and white in your life. There are shades of grey you know.;)
The scenario seemed to be the one you suggested.

Why go on and on about a player in the press if you haven't even asked about his availability?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Silent Bob said:
The scenario seemed to be the one you suggested.

Why go on and on about a player in the press if you haven't even asked about his availability?

OK looks like you need to be spoon fed.

Try this 'grey' scenario

McGhee enquired early days and Spurs made optimistic noises. He then went back to firm up on the deal and Spurs changed their minds.

Not McGhees fault. Shit happens.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Easy 10 said:
OK, due to our circumstances we're never going to be one of the most active clubs in any given transfer window. But I have NEVER seen us have so much difficulty getting a player down here either on loan or as a permanent signing. Even if the player has been a bit gash, we usually manage to add SOMEONE to the roster (sorry, too much Superbowl).

Whats changed ? Is there a more serious underlying problem that we are not fully aware of ? Why are we getting turned down each and every single time now, where in previousl seasons we've managed to add a new face or two ? Every two-bob club in the League seems to manage to make a signing or two, why not us ? Are we setting our sights too high and simlpy being unrealistic ? Have we not cast the net wide enough ? Are we looking in the right places ?How many more questions can I ask in one paragraph ?

Concerned, of Southwick.

Its simple and has been said a 1000 times.

1. We have no money.
2. Knight will not take this club into greater debt.

Sad but true
:( :(

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Marshy said:
Its like trying to get a player on loan in on Championship Manager....nigh on immpossible !
Can't he use the free player cheat?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here