Votes: 15 8.1%
  • Brighton and Hove Albion Forever!

Votes: 31 16.7%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No.

Hate the twats that wear them, not the team. It's not Manchester Uniteds fault that we have glory hunting twats living here in Sussex.

We'll have to disagree, it's a good enough reason for me. If United lose they may not feel so proud to wear them around, at worst it may reduce the number on show

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Seeing as BHA don't play Man Utd in the league I doubt we'd hear much about it. As said on earlier thread - Ferdinand, Rooney, Fletcher, Scholes, Giggs etc. All British players, I just can't understand why any Brit would want a Spanish team to beat a British team unless it's though sheep-like jumping on the anti-Man Utd bandwagon which is just full of sad, bitter people who don't know why they do it, but do it because it's fashionable.

Because it's football not war. So what if a british team win the champions league? What does that actually do for britain or you or me? Does it make us a better country? Does it give us added political power? Will it fight terrorism? If I go abroad can I strut around because I come from britain and one of our teams won the champions league? Will Platini and Blatter revise their opinion that everything wrong with football exists in the premiership and the rest of the world is where true football exists?

It will make no difference to our country whatsoever. So, when it is so trivial in that regard, I don't believe patriotism matters, or certainly not more than the tribal nature of football and the enemy of my enemy is my friend attitudes.

So, people can only hate man utd because they're jumping on a bandwagon? They can't have their own motivations? It can't be because they are liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or Man City fans who have a rivalry with them and it's a tribal culture not a band wagon? It can't be because of the victim attitude they display when even the smallest thing goes against them, all while ignoring the enormous glut of things that go in their favour? No, anyone who hates Man U is just a sheep, right? :no:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How are Manchester United different from Barcelona, I just don't get this misty eyed view of Barcelona as being 'a proper team' both are rich European Clubs with the same aspirations, both employ 'foreign players' and both are world brands. Whats the difference?

Because as I posted before, Barcelona is a proper club. It's run by its members for the benefit of its members. Man U is run by money men for the benefit of money men - to me, that's a huge difference.

But Barca also has its roots in the community - again very much a local club - and has always refused to sully the shirt by sponsorship, making an exception for Unicef. Compare this to Man U who would sell the shirt to anyone if they coughed up enough dosh.

Barca has a strong notion of its own history and its place in football. Compare this to Man U who opted out of defending the FA Cup one year because they smelled more money from the other side of the world.

Like Bluejuice, I'm surprised that the poll is not more in favour of Barca - it's a complete no-brainer to me.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Contrary to popular belief Man Utd do not represent a threat to the very existence of English football, they are just a very successful, and resultantly, popular club. If BHA were in a similar position you wouldn't hear too many on here complaining that we were winning everything in sight. I have never heard one reasonable, rational reason for hating Utd, essentially because there aren't any beyond seeing a few of their shirts around the county. Get over yourselves you anti-United brigade, or at least give one good reason why you harbour this rabid hatred of the club.

:thumbsup:

Dandyman

In London village.
Actually Catalan is an Autonomous Community which is a Kingdom of spain, Not a country Barcelona IS in spain infact its the second largest city in spain:salute:

And Cardiff is in the United Kingdom but would see themselves as Taffs first and foremost.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
This is hard for me because United and Barca are the only clubs who get near to being a "second team" of mine. I'm delighted that we have the dream final and that one of them will be crowned champions, but if you put a gun to my head I'll be supporting Sir Alex and the boys.

How the hell can you class United as a second team? :nono:

Will route for Barcelona as they are just about the lesser of two evils. And it also means I will never have to hear that shit "we are the Champions, Champions of Europe" chant from the plastic United twats all next season.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
And Cardiff is in the United Kingdom but would see themselves as Taffs first and foremost.

Thats irrelevant you said its not in spain, it is because Catalan is a Kingdom of spain its like England we have counties were in sussex but t6hat doesnt make us not english does it....:wave:
Plus anyway check a map find barcelona and it is in a country called errrrr....~??

Dandyman

In London village.
Contrary to popular belief Man Utd do not represent a threat to the very existence of English football, they are just a very successful, and resultantly, popular club. If BHA were in a similar position you wouldn't hear too many on here complaining that we were winning everything in sight. I have never heard one reasonable, rational reason for hating Utd, essentially because there aren't any beyond seeing a few of their shirts around the county. Get over yourselves you anti-United brigade, or at least give one good reason why you harbour this rabid hatred of the club.

Okey dokey - the were instrumental in getting rid of shared gate receipts, they attempted to undermine the world's oldest cup competition in the pursuit of their own greed, they shamelessly milk a 50 year old tragedy for commercial gain, they seemingly have no awarenes and no care for the fact that there are 92 clubs in the league and the survival of all is key toour game,they are arrogant, greedy, tossers. Other than that I don't mind them too much.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Has there EVER been such a likeable non-British side in a European final as Barca? They play great football, they have eye-catching players and their conduct is generally better than their English counterparts.

It is tempting to want them to beat United, but then United themselves play good stuff, are representing England and have a decent sprinkling of British players, so there's enough factors to make me want United to win, even despite Ronaldo being a complete wanker.

If it was Barca vs Chelsea final I'd definitley want the Catalans to win.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Actually Catalan is an Autonomous Community which is a Kingdom of spain, Not a country Barcelona IS in spain infact its the second largest city in spain:salute:

Go and stand amongst their fans and announce to them just how Spanish you've decided that they are...

You won't hear or read a word of Castilian (that's Spanish to most of us) spoken or written within miles of their stadium: Catalonia's a nation, whether people abroad are unable to grasp that idea or not. Even Terry Venables, the thick Palace spiv, managed not unimpressively to make a speech in Catalan when he got the manager's job there.

Dandyman

In London village.
Thats irrelevant you said its not in spain, it is because Catalan is a Kingdom of spain its like England we have counties were in sussex but t6hat doesnt make us not english does it....:wave:
Plus anyway check a map find barcelona and it is in a country called errrrr....~??

A tad tongue in cheek, feller. Barca identify themselves as Catalans - hence their flags - and the rivalry with Franco's Castillian Real Madrid is no accident.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Man Utd

Why would anybody want the Spanish side to win

If Man Utd. thought of themselves as a "British" team and gave equal favour to British Competitions (FA cup for example) as they do playing in Hong Kong or Brazillian tournaments and marketing their brand across the world then your question would have some merit.

given that both Barca and Utd have become global corporations owned, In Man U's case, by foreigners makes it pretty much immaterial if the "British" club or the "Spanish" club win. Manchester United is Just a trading style IMO.

Besides. I f***ing hate mancs.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Well We will have to agree to disagree
Hopefully its a good game anyway , Barcelona will win thou

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If BHA were in a similar position you wouldn't hear too many on here complaining that we were winning everything in sight.

No, all the complaining on here would be about the fans who are suddenly everywhere wearing the blue and white. Where were they when we were fighting to stay in the league? Where were they for the long trips to gillingham? etc.

I have never heard one reasonable, rational reason for hating Utd,

yes you have, this thread has several of them, you just don't see them as reasonable because you disagree with them.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
No one has put up a solid and legitimate argument for supporting Man U in this thread other than 'because they play better football'.

Saying 'because they're English' doesn't count as Bevendean Hillbilly has duly quashed that argument.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
C If BHA were in a similar position you wouldn't hear too many on here complaining that we were winning everything in sight.

I guarantee you would, how long before someone started moaning that we had "sold out" and that our fans had become plastic..about five minutes I reckon.

C I have never heard one reasonable, rational reason for hating Utd,

I'll give you a couple of reasons for free.

Ronaldo
Ferguson

There you go fella.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here