• Brighton and Hove Albion Forever!

Votes: 31 16.7%

• Total voters

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
One question.....

what is the difference between :
Barca...I supported them as a kid
Man Utd....I hate those plastic manc fans (although probably glory hunting, was possibly the team that person decided to support as a kid) ?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
ps Im not a Man Utd fan, trying to understand why the hatred for Man Utd other than beating Brighton in an Fa Cup final 25 years ago?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I still think Man Utd will stuff Barca...no question

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Utd are a much better team than Barcelona. Best team in the world without a doubt.
I just cannot stand them. All the plastic fans, Ferguson, their players getting away with murder week in week out etc.

FORCA BARCA!

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Mostly Liverpool - and they didn't have many England-qualified players.

Liverpool 1977
Liverpool 1978
Notts Forest 1979
Notts Forest 1980
Liverpool 1981
Aston Villa 1982
Liverpool 1984

Fair few Englishmen among those teams I would venture ;)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Reason to hate Man Utd 72,629- They are asking for special dispensation. They accept the referee's decision to send off Darren Fletcher (not agree with it, but accept it), but are asking UEFA for special dispensation on 'compassionate grounds'.

WTF? 22 players on that field knew if they got a red card they would miss the final. Only one of them was stupid enough to make a reckless, challenge when he was the last man.

Aw, poor fletcher, missing out on the champions league final. Oh please.
a) Are Man Utd not anticipating making it to the CL final again in the next couple of years?
b) Exactly what about Fletcher getting to make an appearance this year is so important? Is he retiring at the end of the year? No! He's very early in his football career and has a long time to get to another CL final.
c) Linking to the "my friend sent this to ssn" thread, this is further evidence of the indulging of rule-breaking players, an attitude that is destroying the game.
d) How arrogant are man utd to believe they have a case for this?
e) If they accept the decision, case closed. They shouldn't be appealing for leniency.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Reason to hate Man Utd 72,629- They are asking for special dispensation. They accept the referee's decision to send off Darren Fletcher (not agree with it, but accept it), but are asking UEFA for special dispensation on 'compassionate grounds'.

WTF? 22 players on that field knew if they got a red card they would miss the final. Only one of them was stupid enough to make a reckless, challenge when he was the last man.

a) Are Man Utd not anticipating making it to the CL final again in the next couple of years?
b) Exactly what about Fletcher getting to make an appearance this year is so important? Is he retiring at the end of the year? No! He's very early in his football career and has a long time to get to another CL final.
c) Linking to the "my friend sent this to ssn" thread, this is further evidence of the indulging of rule-breaking players, an attitude that is destroying the game.
e) If they accept the decision, case closed. They shouldn't be appealing for leniency.

And if BHA were in the same position we wouldn't be screaming at the club to do all they could to try and get the decision overturned? No I'm sure we'd just lie down and take it, in the same way we would accept all the non-penalties from last night if we were in Chelsea's position.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003

1972? :wozza:

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local

The video showed it was a fair challenge and he was sent off erroneously. Good enough reason in my view to have the red card rescinded ;)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And if BHA were in the same position we wouldn't be screaming at the club to do all they could to try and get the decision overturned? No I'm sure we'd just lie down and take it, in the same way we would accept all the non-penalties from last night if we were in Chelsea's position.

I can honestly say I personally wouldn't. may grumble that it was a bit unfair, but would accept I'm looking at it through a brighton fan's eyes, and so might not be as impartial as the ref.

Erm.. huh?

The video showed it was a fair challenge and he was sent off erroneously. Good enough reason in my view to have the red card rescinded ;)

No, the video shows that while scissoring fabregas's legs out from under him, he managed to make contact with the ball.

For me, the referee, uefa, and the rule book, making contact with the ball doesn't automatically mean it isn't a foul, contrary to what ex-players, pundits, and analysts tell you.

GRAHAM POLL: Forget final emotion, ref Rosetti was spot on to show red | Mail Online
GRAHAM POLL: Three agonising seconds... and Fletcher has blown his Rome dream | Mail Online

It was a sloppy challenge, he was the last man, fabregas was one on one in the area, central, with the ball, it was the very definition of a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Even if you want to argue (bearing in mind touching the ball doesn't mean it's not a foul) the challenge itself was only a yellow, or perhaps even only a free kick/pen, the fact he was the last man and denied a clear goal scoring opportunity means it is a red card.

Even if you continue to argue that it was a wrong decision, Man Utd have said they accept the decision, but still are asking for special treatment. They clearly haven't accepted the decision if they want to be allowed to have the rules changed for them.

What next? Will they be able to argue that their next match against, say, Man City is a big match, and as a local lad, the derby match means a lot and Schole's ban for 5 yellows should be forgiven, or the match with Liverpool is a big massive match, can;t the FA ignore that Rooney has been banned, I mean, he's a toffeeman at heart, this is a really big game for him, let him off the ban for sentimental reasons...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here