Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barack Obama - Now More Than Ever Is The Time To Change USA Gun Laws

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We can all think of teachers who we think would have acted irresponsibly with a firearm at a school? Can we? Think about it. It's idiotic isn't it.

Where does all of this crazy irrationality come from?

Not as idiotic as proposing that armed teachers will reduce school killings. That is crazy irrationality.

And anyone who went to De La Salle in the late 60's/early 70's will sweat at the thought of an armed Mr. Sadek.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Less guns is the answer. Full stop. Stricter gun laws. The bad guys already have guns, nowt'll stop them but lets keep the carbine powered tank busting fire-arms away from head mentals shall we? There are people in the US and on here that believe the US government want to dis-arm Amerca so they can initiate stage 3 of the NEw World Order or whatever bobbins. A few CT's have spewed this bile on here before and it wouldn't have been too long before it came up on here. In fact it just has hasn't it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Twat is an abusive term. Ignorance is a state of being, it is not a derogatory term. I don't say you are ignorant to insult you. I say it because you are lacking knowledge, information, or awareness. If you don't like the idea of being ignorant, try getting informed.

Numbskull.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I do find it hypocritical that we can get loads of threads criticising Americans for getting involved in other people's business and, by and large, the same people are the ones demanding that the US do X, Y or Z. How about we leave the Americans to sort their own affairs out? It's arguably the most powerful nation on Earth where its citizens enjoy the kind of freedom and chance to succeed that billions can only dream of so I don't think it needs any help from us.

Unless you truly understand the American culture and historical context to their constitution all you are doing is imposing your own values on another country irrespective of their own people's views. That can't be a good thing.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Twat is an abusive term. Ignorance is a state of being, it is not a derogatory term. I don't say you are ignorant to insult you. I say it because you are lacking knowledge, information, or awareness. If you don't like the idea of being ignorant, try getting informed.

Actually, your opening salvo on this thread contained the line 'Most of you have a very infantile attitude to this subject, and most of you appear to lack any basic reasoning and logic skills...' presenting your own opinion on others as fact, with it not being hard to infer from that that your basic reasoning and logic is the important and over-riding one.

Bearing in mind that your logic in terms of resolution is pretty flawed, I'd re-consider your white noise transmission on the subject of ignorance if I were you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Actually, your opening salvo on this thread contained the line 'Most of you have a very infantile attitude to this subject, and most of you appear to lack any basic reasoning and logic skills...' presenting your own opinion on others as fact, with it not being hard to infer from that that your basic reasoning and logic is the important and over-riding one.

Bearing in mind that your logic in terms of resolution is pretty flawed, I'd re-consider your white noise transmission on the subject of ignorance if I were you.

Much better put than my post. Thanks. Him and The Truth are two people I just can't be arsed to reason with anymore. Dimwits.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Not as idiotic as proposing that armed teachers will reduce school killings. That is crazy irrationality.

And anyone who went to De La Salle in the late 60's/early 70's will sweat at the thought of an armed Mr. Sadek.

"armed teachers"?

How about just letting law abiding citizens own and maintain a firearm, and if they happen to be a teacher or faculty member, do not forbid them from having it on school property.

We are not talking about militarizing maths class.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Most of you have a very infantile attitude to this subject, and most of you appear to lack any basic reasoning and logic skills.

There obviously is one person on this thread who needs to get off his computer and gain a little more experience in life generally (and i'm telling you this to try and help, not as an insult !)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
"armed teachers"?

How about just letting law abiding citizens own and maintain a firearm, and if they happen to be a teacher or faculty member, do not forbid them from having it on school property.

We are not talking about militarizing maths class.

Just too many things that can go wrong with that scenario. Headcase pupils getting hold of the weapon, teacher losing it and shooting pupils or staff, gun being stolen for a crime elsewhere. In fact it's a ridiculous idea from the off. Your speciality.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I do find it hypocritical that we can get loads of threads criticising Americans for getting involved in other people's business and, by and large, the same people are the ones demanding that the US do X, Y or Z. How about we leave the Americans to sort their own affairs out? It's arguably the most powerful nation on Earth where its citizens enjoy the kind of freedom and chance to succeed that billions can only dream of so I don't think it needs any help from us.

Unless you truly understand the American culture and historical context to their constitution all you are doing is imposing your own values on another country irrespective of their own people's views. That can't be a good thing.

There's a difference in getting involved in other people's business, and seeking to impose values on another country. In this instance, I would suspect that what is being said from outside America's borders will almost certainly cut little ice with them. So in that sense, you're right - let them sort their own affairs out.

However, so many aspects of American culture are so ingrained in much of Western society that it's not surprising that there might be some concern if this aspect of culture becomes prevalent over here. What, for instance, were Michael Ryan's or Thomas Hamilton's or Derrick Bird's inspiration or motivation for what they did?

It might not be the central point as to what's being said here, but I don't think it should be over-looked either.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
I don't know why you think that if someone has a gun, then it will get used. How many guns are there in the U.S. What % of them do you think have been fired at another person? Maybe it's TV or the News or something but for some reason it appears nobody in this country is able to think clearly about this subject.

Eh? Because, believe it or not, people DO get shot. By guns. It's not all just a big MSM conspiracy. However, you are clearly not reading what I've said. At no point have I said that if someone has a gun, then it will get used. I am not (and neither is anyone else on this thread) saying that people go and shoot people BECAUSE they own guns. I am not saying that everyone who buys a gun does so with the intention of using it. But a gun is designed for one purpose, to kill. Every gun has the potential to kill people and the more guns that are available, the more chance of someone who DOES want to kill can get holds of one, and the easier it is for them to carry out their intention.

Your reply doesn't really address any of the points I've made. However, I will address yours. There are a huge number of guns on the US. Even if only a tiny percentage are fired at another person, a tiny percentage of a huge number still results in a significant number of killings. On average 97,830 people are shot in the USA every year of which roughly 10% are fatal (source: The Independant 16/12/12). If you reduce the number of guns, and a tiny percentage are fired at another person, then this will still be less people getting shot. Which is what most people (including you?) want, I'd have thought.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There's a difference in getting involved in other people's business, and seeking to impose values on another country. In this instance, I would suspect that what is being said from outside America's borders will almost certainly cut little ice with them. So in that sense, you're right - let them sort their own affairs out.

However, so many aspects of American culture are so ingrained in much of Western society that it's not surprising that there might be some concern if this aspect of culture becomes prevalent over here. What, for instance, were Michael Ryan's or Thomas Hamilton's or Derrick Bird's inspiration or motivation for what they did?

It might not be the central point as to what's being said here, but I don't think it should be over-looked either.

Nah. It's us telling the Americans what to do. Pure and simple, look at the thread title.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

This post in almost impossible to read.

Yes, I was mildly rude in my first post. I stand by what I said though. It is evidenced throughout this thread.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Nah. It's us telling the Americans what to do. Pure and simple, look at the thread title.

But Buzzer - it is not as though anyone on here thinks any notice will be taken of their ramblings. It is certainly better than another Murray/Palace/Striker thread. It is interesting to read the opinions of others. Mostly.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
But Buzzer - it is not as though anyone on here thinks any notice will be taken of their ramblings. It is certainly better than another Murray/Palace/Striker thread. It is interesting to read the opinions of others. Mostly.

I realise that but it's just putting our values on a different culture. It can't be stressed enough how important the constitution is to the Americans and how little we understand of why it is so. This thread proves that.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You haven't offered evidence, you've offered opinion masquerading as fact.

I said people were being childish and not using logic or reasoning.

The evidence for this is the childish posts lacking in logic and reasoning.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Strangely enough, just as Muslims are bound by the Koran and its edicts which sometimes do not sit well in the modern world, so America is bound by its founding constitution, which equally does not sit well in the modern world. Congress, Senate and the President are all checks and balances upon each other and as such, stifles any real fundamental change.

No matter how many tears Barack Obama sheds over these killings, he alone is powerless to change the constitution in any shape or form. Sadly and inevitably, these atrocities will continue.

What he said - unfortunatley!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here