Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barack Obama - Now More Than Ever Is The Time To Change USA Gun Laws

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
That boy is madder than Mad Mick McMad who's just been given the Scottish Madman of The Year award by Mad Wee Jock PooPong Mcplop.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
of course, and it should be extended to all public buildings, shops, cinemas, stadia etc.

Good idea. Lets make the whole country just like one big MOVIE, with good guys and bad guys an guns guns GUNS.

Well exciting.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
It's not about "more guns". I have no idea what you are describing with a gun in a school which anyone can pick up lol. I am talking about allowing a staff member, who owns a firearm, to carry it with them onto the property.

Really sorry to bounce this thread but:

Didn't take long for someone to demonstrate (just one of the reasons) why having armed guards in a school might be a bad idea...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/18/armed-school-security-gua_n_2505747.html

:facepalm:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Really sorry to bounce this thread but:

Didn't take long for someone to demonstrate (just one of the reasons) why having armed guards in a school might be a bad idea...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/18/armed-school-security-gua_n_2505747.html

:facepalm:

I never suggested armed guards. I suggested that a law abiding citizen who is a responsible gun owner (responsible meaning not leaving a firearm lying around) would be no danger to students or other staff members or anyone, other than - someone who would come onto school grounds to hurt someone.

This person was clearly irresponsible, however if you notice, nobody was hurt, an unattended firearm, while dangerous, did not lead to carnage. If you want to suggest that this kind of scenario would lead to a violent situation, I don't really see it. It would probably go something like this, student walks into bathroom, finds firearm unattended. Reports it. I don't really see why finding a firearm unattended would inspire murder. And if someone was intent on commuting murder they would not wait around hoping to one day stumble across an unattended firearm, they would just go and get one.

It is not very responsible and not a good situation when any firearm is left unattended. This guy should be reprimanded. But such a scenario also does not lead to unimaginable carnage. If you think the average American kid is walking around like a ticking time-bomb, and all they have to do is come across a gun and they turn into mass murdering psycho, you are not thinking straight.

It's funny people keep accusing American's of being obsessed with guns, I think we have a bit of a weird kind of obsession with them too to be honest.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
I never suggested armed guards. I suggested that a law abiding citizen who is a responsible gun owner (responsible meaning not leaving a firearm lying around) would be no danger to students or other staff members or anyone, other than - someone who would come onto school grounds to hurt someone.

This person was clearly irresponsible, however if you notice, nobody was hurt, an unattended firearm, while dangerous, did not lead to carnage. If you want to suggest that this kind of scenario would lead to a violent situation, I don't really see it. It would probably go something like this, student walks into bathroom, finds firearm unattended. Reports it. I don't really see why finding a firearm unattended would inspire murder. And if someone was intent on commuting murder they would not wait around hoping to one day stumble across an unattended firearm, they would just go and get one.

It is not very responsible and not a good situation when any firearm is left unattended. This guy should be reprimanded. But such a scenario also does not lead to unimaginable carnage. If you think the average American kid is walking around like a ticking time-bomb, and all they have to do is come across a gun and they turn into mass murdering psycho, you are not thinking straight.

It's funny people keep accusing American's of being obsessed with guns, I think we have a bit of a weird kind of obsession with them too to be honest.

Prior to this incident I'd imagine a former firearms instructor was considered to be a 'responsible person'. Presumably that's why the was given the job in the first place.

I agree that 99 times out of a hundred the situation would play out as you've described. But what if the gun was discovered by a young child (this is a school after all) who might think it was a toy, or just didn't appreciate what harm it could do. In that scenario, it is quite conceivable that the gun could be fired and, once that happens, it's just a case of luck whether someone is hurt/killed or not.

The fact that the gun was at this moment was unloaded is just luck too - he certainly didn't leave it unloaded in case he lost it!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Prior to this incident I'd imagine a former firearms instructor was considered to be a 'responsible person'. Presumably that's why the was given the job in the first place.

I agree that 99 times out of a hundred the situation would play out as you've described. But what if the gun was discovered by a young child (this is a school after all) who might think it was a toy, or just didn't appreciate what harm it could do. In that scenario, it is quite conceivable that the gun could be fired and, once that happens, it's just a case of luck whether someone is hurt/killed or not.

The fact that the gun was at this moment was unloaded is just luck too - he certainly didn't leave it unloaded in case he lost it!

I agree with you, that is the danger. But I think people tend to suggest that the result will be mass murder. If the concern is a young child getting hold of it, that is a fair concern. That is why it is really dangerous to leave a firearm unattended, and people should not do it. But there is a lot that is a danger to a child and which should be kept secure and out of reach, not just guns.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
You'd think with all those guns knocking about and all those survivalists etc that American soldiers would be f***ing SUPER HARD.

The reality is they are totally shithouse and collapse in tears when things get tough.

Next time an American tells you that they "saved our asses" in WWII remind them that the USA has never won a war on its own and they soiled their skinners when the Germans met them alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here