Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banned for life.. (Update: post #428)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Because it's a football match not a Cliff Richard concert. If you don't like it, watch tennis instead.

Well I still know what's right and wrong even if you don't, so I'm afraid your pious hand-wringing is wasted on me. That said if you're talking about the Family Stand then fair enough, I've got no problem with that being deemed 'unacceptable' and the bloke ejected. We all knew that was a zero tolerance stand and fair play to you for speaking up.

But in the North Stand that sort of behaviour should be almost compulsory. Football's already too sanitised as it is.

No pious hand-wringing her mate. My point is simple, and referenced by saying THE RESPECT STAND, it's not right and has no place. I purchased my tickets here because of the sales pitch, it is designed to allow you to bring your children without an idiot swearing and acting aggressively. Personally I would have loved to have been in the North Stand but that's for another day.

This is a massive wind up anyway, so I wouldn't get too concerned, I imagine Sid is sat in his bedroom barely able to contain himself!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Have to say that I think this is absolute madness and cannot be justified in any way shape or form if true but just on the basis that Sid's sole intent on here seems to be inciting pitch invasions and aggression towards opposing fans I do wonder if there is a little more to it? Sorry.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Hey if this is all true that could be a fantastic 'protest' for those who want too. The entire North Stand sat on it arse with blankets over its knees and Thermoses.

I'd do it but it would be from the WSL (northern corner though)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No pious hand-wringing her mate. My point is simple, and referenced by saying THE RESPECT STAND, it's not right and has no place. I purchased my tickets here because of the sales pitch, it is designed to allow you to bring your children without an idiot swearing and acting aggressively. Personally I would have loved to have been in the North Stand but that's for another day.

This is a massive wind up anyway, so I wouldn't get too concerned, I imagine Sid is sat in his bedroom barely able to contain himself!
Yeah, I said in replies to others I've got no problem with you complaining about that sort of behaviour in the 'Respect' stand. The bloke was out of order. It was your 'society going down the pan' bit that got my goat.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have to say that I can't be arsed to read the whole thread but if the letter reproduced by sid is (apart from typos) 100% accurate then I don't believe this for one minute. A letter banning you from the Amex would not be as brief as that unless there has been further correspondence to Mr Sid prior to that. I also don't believe that you would be banned for merely saying sheep shagger. There would almost certainly have to be more threatening behaviour whether that be fueled by drink or not. Of course, this could be a very clever wind up by one of sid's cleverer mates who is probably pissing himself reading this at the moment.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Odds on "Gus is god"/"newhavengull" "requesting that his account be closed as he is fed up with people glorifying violence" before setting up a new account under a different name a week later again and posting 60 times a day have been SLASHED to 1/10

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I have to say that I can't be arsed to read the whole thread but if the letter reproduced by sid is (apart from typos) 100% accurate then I don't believe this for one minute. A letter banning you from the Amex would not be as brief as that unless there has been further correspondence to Mr Sid prior to that. I also don't believe that you would be banned for merely saying sheep shagger. There would almost certainly have to be more threatening behaviour whether that be fueled by drink or not. Of course, this could be a very clever wind up by one of sid's cleverer mates who is probably pissing himself reading this at the moment.

It is hard to believe that such a letter would have been addressed 'Dear Sid'

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

It was a cup game, so anyone could buy anywhere. Also why is family stand next to away fans?

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Well - is it a truth or a spot of fishing from Sid - meh!

Did an Albion fan of Sids calibre get banned from the Amex - meh!

It's all very well, but nobody on here - except presumably Sid - knows the full story or has seen the full evidence.

It seems to me there are three possibilities.

Either 1 Sid has been banned for life with no appeal for what most people would consider a relatively minor offence, one that many people on here at some time or another have probably been guilty of. If this is true and it was his first offence and he only did what he said he did then that seems to me to be a big over-reaction by the club.

Or 2 There is a lot more to it than Sid says. Maybe he has previous, maybe his actions were much worse than he says. Only he and the club know.

Or 3 Sid is a wind up merchant.

I don´t see how any of us can judge which of these three is correct unless and until we see the evidence. Which we may or may not ever do.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Hey if this is all true that could be a fantastic 'protest' for those who want too. The entire North Stand sat on it arse with blankets over its knees and Thermoses.

I do this now anyway, so it'd be good to know that I'll finally look like I fit in.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
It is hard to believe that such a letter would have been addressed 'Dear Sid'

Regardless of true or fake if I was going to type up a letter I'd not include my real name. I'd say we will find out at 7.45 but he has since said 'I'll upload it when I next get online' which means at 7.45.00.0000001 seconds people will be calling for his head, Thus keeping it going longer.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
For racism.

No appeals.

f***ing joke of a club.

I miss my Albion, not all this.

Bollocks to em.

"Sheep shagger"

My life.

Gutted.

Totally disproportionate.....ridiculou s....BHAFC hang your head in shame, the amount of Gay stuff we endure as we're from Brighton, its NOT racist at all, its banter and means nothing....there is no intent at all.

Will I be banned for poting this youtube clip? Will Neil ruddock now be banned from every football ground in the country? Disgraceful

PC BHA

Sep 29, 2005
not exactly a SCAN of the letter is it?

Anyone can write that......sorry but I have joined the bollocks brigade,.

Ladies and Gents,

The club have not banned anyone for life for any racist behaviour and the police do not leave answerphone messages on peoples mobiles or land lines inviting them into have a chat at Hollingbury.

Perhaps the above may stop the myths around this thread.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Totally disproportionate.....ridiculou s....BHAFC hang your head in shame, the amount of Gay stuff we endure as we're from Brighton, its NOT racist at all, its banter and means nothing....there is no intent at all.

Will I be banned for poting this youtube clip? Will Neil ruddock now be banned from every football ground in the country? Disgraceful

This

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Does this mean there is one more ticket available for the Hull game, as I have been trying to get one for the past couple of weeks.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Ladies and Gents,

The club have not banned anyone for life for any racist behaviour and the police do not leave answerphone messages on peoples mobiles or land lines inviting them into have a chat at Hollingbury.

Perhaps the above may stop the myths around this thread.

Can you take a photo of your face and send it to bozza so we know your a real police officer? Or you could sketch one for us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here