Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banned for life.. (Update: post #428)

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
They must have said "sheep shagger" on his voice mail. Can we hear it?

:sheep:

Racist, Rascist, Racist! LE2 should be immediately banned from NSC for using a racist graphic...

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
Not legally they can't.

The club are alledging racist abuse. That is an crimincal offence that carries a prison sentance and is not an allegation that can be made without a thorough investigation with a hearing whether it be by a magistrate or the governing body of that sport in the UK (i.e. the FA).

If the club continue to pursue this without substantial proof, then the OP is fully entitled to seek legal advice.

To put someone on a proper FBO obviously they would have to go through the courts. But for a club ban they don't need much. Know a fella from the Withdean era who was handed a year for standing. Wasn't any major discussion about it and requests for an appeal were dismissed pretty casually. How could they know for certain it was him etc? If they don't want you in the ground they are under no obligation to let you in no matter how much you have paid for your s/t.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
what makes me giggle the club have banned him for racism apparently, yet the police have only left him a nice voice mail asking them to pop along, surely if the club have evidence like they would need to ban someone from the amex, then our bullshitting freind Sid would have been arrested on racism by now, given as he admitted in this thread his letter is dated the 5th.

Oh really. If the police "arrested" everyone for saying racist things, the streets of Burgess Hill would be empty.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
If true then they are walking a very thin line. Any business between the police and the individual is exactly that - THEIR business. How do the police know that another person won't pick up the voicemail ( especially on a landline ) ? That's exactly why banks and other financial institutions aren't meant to identify themselves / what they are rining about in a voicemail. More often than not you'll only get "Please ring Bob back on 01273 xxxxxx".

They do leave messages. Fact. They shouldnt leave any real info as to what its about on the message - which by the sounds of it they haven't. For all we know they want to talk to him about a bank job.

Sep 1, 2011
If true then they are walking a very thin line. Any business between the police and the individual is exactly that - THEIR business. How do the police know that another person won't pick up the voicemail ( especially on a landline ) ? That's exactly why banks and other financial institutions aren't meant to identify themselves / what they are rining about in a voicemail. More often than not you'll only get "Please ring Bob back on 01273 xxxxxx".

I know and this is exactly what happened to me when i was about 14 I got a voice mail to the home phone
Please mr charles can you attend hove police station for a chat and my old dear got it before me wasnt impressed!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
May I just remind everyone that insults and such like will not be tolerated, a good healthy debate is fine, but cut out the personal insults, otherwise the people involved will get banned, and if I have to trawl through 14 + pages to note who is actually involved, the bans will represent my costly time :) now play nicely........

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Right I'm off to Staples to buy ten reams of pink A4 paper to printout

Make a Stand
Save Southern_Sid

Have to be the West Ham game we hold them aloft while sky have their ad break as we have the new song words for the Hull game

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
cant beleive either way,we have fellow bha fans,happy that sid has been banned(true or not) from football,have a rethink on how you would feel

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Song for the West Ham game:

Queen's Save Me

Save Sid
Save Sid
Saaaavvvveee Sid
Don't let him face his lifetime ban
Save Sid
Save Sid
Saaaavvveee Sid
He's naked without the seaguullssss

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Needs a 'Free the SheepShagger 1' banner at the Hull match.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You can't say sheep shagger! Have to be Sheep Appreciator or something similar.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I have long beleived Sid to be a joke poster and suspect that I've been proven right here. But there's always the chance of a big surprise I guess...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I know and this is exactly what happened to me when i was about 14 I got a voice mail to the home phone
Please mr charles can you attend hove police station for a chat and my old dear got it before me wasnt impressed!

My point entirely ! I wonder if Edna can confirm this rather worrying police tactic ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here