Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banned for life.. (Update: post #428)

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Yeah they left him a voice message because there obviously not going to nick, it will be just so sid can get an explanation from them

Why are they not obviously going to nick him, this is all over the national papers, his been apparently banned from the Amex for racism, racism is racism at the end of the day.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
guys,im not suprised if true,i have 3 mates that have had letters banning then from all games
,not prepared to say why on here as they are ensuing (sp),but the club have totaly lost it imo on 2 of the cases.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I know your heart is the right place with this mate. But the club can ban whoever they want for whatever they want. It's the same as a pub, the management reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone they like without reason.

I don't think it is. You don't pay £500 up front to a pub to have access to their facilities for a few hours 25 or so times a year

Sep 1, 2011
Why are they not obviously going to nick him, this is all over the national papers, his been apparently banned from the Amex for racism, racism is racism at the end of the day.

just because they leave a voicemail doesnt always mean its to arrest someone.

f*** sake i know

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I love it when Sid and Gus is God go toe to toe. The two biggest melts on NSC and in this bout I would put Sid ahead comfortably on points so far.

As for the banning order? :moo: + :shit:

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
i have 17 pm's not gonna go through them all now.

cheers for the support of some bods on here.

the others mean nothing anyway.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

It's not genuine racism tho is it? Anymore than 'does your boyfriend know youre here?' is a genuine homophobic hate crime. Its football banter and fairly mild football banter at that. Anybody who is that easily offended shouldn't even be at football IMHO.

A coward lobbing a bottle from the WSU on the other hand should have the book thrown at them. Preferably from the WSU...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I guess it is good enough to show clearly people who are shouting continued obscenities, aggressive facial expressions, & gesturing at players or other fans rather than watching the game. If this backs up a stewards report on a fan then I suppose the game is up if the club feel it was unacceptable behaviour. Still think this response by the club is well OTT unless there are other circumstances we don't know about.

He could have been shouting "hey you nice chaps over there, have you got enough train fare to get home ?"

It would appear the accused has previous, so sympathy is getting less by the minute.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Police often leave messages for people to get in touch for a 'chat.' If you ignore it they come knocking eventually.

I find it very hard to believe the police would use a mobile number in some hope that it is both correct and that the person will respond. People change their mobile numbers all the time and very few people set their voicemail message to identify themselves ( and no disrespect to Sid but he doesn't come across as someone who would have recorded "You have reached the voicemail of Southern_Sid" !!!!! ).

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
It's not genuine racism tho is it? Anymore than 'does your boyfriend know youre here?' is a genuine homophobic hate crime. Its football banter and fairly mild football banter at that.

Racism is racism, the police have said there investigating, so for a fan to be banned from a football ground due to this said racism then yes the police would turn up arrest him then more than likely caution him, but that depends on his previous.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If 2,000 people chant something the stewards and club will struggle to do anything about it.

If 1 person chants something it is easy to deal with.

I am not saying this is right but I am saying this is the way it is.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
People saying he needs to be banned if this is bullshit need to lighten up - doesn't deserve a banning as it would have been a novel wind up that reeled loads in.

sorry, why is it novel? Lie about something on an internet forum to try and trick people? Woopy do!

If it's bollocks that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here