Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bands that should have had much more success

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cannot be arsed to trawl throught this thread so see if mentioned before but Doves sprung to mind this morning.

Caz48

Apr 17, 2010
East Midlands
Anyone rembember "the Drivers" East Grinstead based 3 piece early eighties? Released one album "Short Cuts" and were big in Canada briefly. Fab live in the many pubs that I saw them play, Nick Van Eede of the band later formed "Cutting Crew".
The Drivers - Nick van eade
Went on to form The Cutting Crew
now in a band called The Grinning Souls

Did quite a lot of touring in last couple of years.

Recently "Tears on Your Anorak" by The Drivers has been posted on you-tube, although the video doesn't match the track!

Cutting Crew
This seems to be the official site listed

Hope this is helpful to you.
Loved The Drivers, went to see seem loads in Nutley with my boyfriend, Nik Batchelor who knew Nick van Eade.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The Kinks

For one of the greatest bands ever, very few people actually know who Ray Davies or Dave Davies is.

Being banned from playing in America during the golden years of the British Explosion meant they missed out on a much larger exposure to people than other lesser bands did at the time.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I offer you The Popguns

Isn't the point that many off the bands on here were good/great because they didn't become 'big' thereby maintaining their credability and not getting flabby and disappearing up their own bottoms?

Great local band, killed off by 'shoegazing era' Snog is a superb album

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Did you know that Whitney Houston's debut LP, called simply Whitney Houston had 4 number one singles on it?It's hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks, but "The Greatest Love of All" is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves. Since, Elizabeth, it's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It's an important message, crucial really. And it's beautifully stated on the album.
:lolol:
I think.......:fishing:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The Silencers

'A Letter From St Paul' is still one of my favourite first time albums.

All great songs, but there was one of which I loved more than the rest - Bullets and Blue Eyes.

The 1988 Brighton College poetry competiton was fast approaching - all students had to come up with something. So I copied the song down pretty much word for word and submitted it as my entry.

With the dross of Bros and Stock, Aitken and Waterman being heavily represented in the charts, the offerings of a small Scottish band were always likely to slip through the net.

The poem went down quite well and was reprinted in The Brightonian school magazine at the end of the year.

It's only right 22 years later that the truth be told.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Bis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here