Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad News About Falmer Catering

Nov 20, 2003
hove
It should of gone to a local company who have done a great job at withdean and I repeat I have nothing to do with said company .This is all about bottom lines ,Hardings Know the area, the clients, there needs and wants and is and can be flexable with pricing ect London boys will charge more and when tough times happen when the Falmer honeymoon period is over and 6k are watching they wont want to no about deals and lowering prices .IVE always said if the product is shit on the pitch there is f*** all you can do to get people in so you need to cut deals .Once these london big boys sighn a deal they wont budge.The brighton center is proof of this over priced rubish and the revenue has gone down as clients wont pay over inflated prices.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Let's face it, whoever has the catering contract it will be rip-off prices for crap food, as is the way with all football grounds across the country. You'll still be paying £2 or more for a small portion of chips or a cup of tea. The 'beer' will also be badly kept mass-produced rubbish at about £5 a pint and you'll have to queue for 15 minutes to get it. Anyone who believes it will somehow be different at Falmer because it's our stadium is frankly deluding themselves. All clubs - and ours is no different - milk the catering to make them the most money. That will continue.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Anyone know what charges the caterers incur for their van sites at Withdean (not corporate hosp. cabins)?

Looking at the sell prices, it's in the region of £3.20 "profit" for a cheese burger selling at £3.50 at these events (minus aforementioned rent, tax and electricity etc). But those sell prices might have to be hiked if the "rent" takes a large bite out of it e.g. say, £2.50? (do you like what I did there?!). Alternatively they could just be taking the mick because frankly, footy supporters in the main are hardly fussy and like being ripped off. We follow the Albion for £25 a throw after all!!! :lolol:

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Let's face it, whoever has the catering contract it will be rip-off prices for crap food, as is the way with all football grounds across the country. You'll still be paying £2 or more for a small portion of chips or a cup of tea. The 'beer' will also be badly kept mass-produced rubbish at about £5 a pint and you'll have to queue for 15 minutes to get it. Anyone who believes it will somehow be different at Falmer because it's our stadium is frankly deluding themselves. All clubs - and ours is no different - milk the catering to make them the most money. That will continue.

this

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Well, this is what Martin Perry is saying.

He wants to make those areas as hospitable as possible. How it's going to be achieved, I've no idea, but what he does say is that the sort of ugly pipework, blockwork and ducting that most clubs have on show won't be on show at Falmer. What will be on show will be montages and murals of past Albion scenes. something like that.

He also said that written within the catering contracts will be a clause that says every kiosk must serve real ale.

I'm guessing here, but assuming the HBZ is right and that the contract has been awarded, I think that it's for hospitality only. Could be wrong, mind.

This is the Red and Blue bar in the upper tier of the Holmesdale at Selhurst. If they can do a similar job at Falmer, it will be fine.

0,,10323~3204242,00.jpg

101198650_46b114e309.jpg

I was at the Emirates last week and had a fantastic balti pie and a bottle of beer (no draught piss slopping everywhere) spending probably less then 5 minutes in queues. I consumed them in peace whilst watching the 1st half highlights on the screens. I didn't have to take out a second mortgage for the pleasure either. All this with an attendance of over 60k, so it is possible to create a pleasant half time experience and I'm glad the club are doing everything they can to make sure Falmer is as good as it can be. If the best people for the job happen to be based in London, so what?

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
So, who did get the catering contract at Falmer then? Do we know if they ARE local or not?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
is no one else going question the proposition that the club have selected and contracted a caterer a full year... no, 16mths before the stadium is completed? seems a tad premature. frankly i'd be surprised if they had even started the tendering process.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
For the hospitality part, very probably. They'll be starting to sell hospitality packages many months in advance, so they'll want to get as much of that side prepared as possible.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
is no one else going question the proposition that the club have selected and contracted a caterer a full year... no, 16mths before the stadium is completed? seems a tad premature. frankly i'd be surprised if they had even started the tendering process.

They've got to start cooking the burgers I should think.
(if the ones at Withdean are anything to go by).

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
rE: Beer

Please get a decent lager/beer in, not tastless p*ss like Foster's or Carling.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
sad to here if true that it hasnt gone to a local contact,i did enquire myself as have been in the game 28 years also,as for hardings,i havent been impressed on several occasions but thats just me,as for the boxes think your wayof the mark with the cost,my sources say maybe 17 grand a season,but might be less,they were originaly going to be 20 grand,but your forgeting the one of payment also

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I was at the Emirates last week and had a fantastic balti pie and a bottle of beer (no draught piss slopping everywhere) spending probably less then 5 minutes in queues. I consumed them in peace whilst watching the 1st half highlights on the screens. I didn't have to take out a second mortgage for the pleasure either. All this with an attendance of over 60k, so it is possible to create a pleasant half time experience and I'm glad the club are doing everything they can to make sure Falmer is as good as it can be. If the best people for the job happen to be based in London, so what?

last time i was at the emirates i paid something like £5 for a bottle of carlsberg. didn't have to take out a second mortgage, but i wouldn't describe being charged £5 for a plastic bottle of carlsberg pleasurable

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
is no one else going question the proposition that the club have selected and contracted a caterer a full year... no, 16mths before the stadium is completed? seems a tad premature..

Yes - I won't be trying the food at Falmer for for a while - at least until it's replaced with fresh stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here