Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad News About Falmer Catering

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
This is the Red and Blue bar in the upper tier of the Holmesdale at Selhurst. If they can do a similar job at Falmer, it will be fine.

Why would we want a Red and Blue bar at Falmer?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
This is the Red and Blue bar in the upper tier of the Holmesdale at Selhurst. If they can do a similar job at Falmer, it will be fine.

0,,10323~3204242,00.jpg

101198650_46b114e309.jpg

I have to say although the colour scheme is a little garish that does looks pretty good.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Trouble is Harveys starts to go bad after 3-4 days tetleys and fosters has a couple of months shelf life .Not to hard to see which one is more economic to use.sccc get away with it because of 4 day games and 20/20 matches close together

Maximise the shelf life from the brewery, buy the beer "bright" which makes it easier to handle, keep it in a proper temperature controlled environment, don't tap loads of new barrels towards the end of the afternoon or evening session - just a few thoughts on managing a perishable product.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Trouble is Harveys starts to go bad after 3-4 days tetleys and fosters has a couple of months shelf life .Not to hard to see which one is more economic to use.sccc get away with it because of 4 day games and 20/20 matches close together

No they don't, SCCC sell their Harveys as 'bright beer'

I do know that one of the companies that has tendered for the bar franchise,
have had preliminary talks with the Dark Star brewery about supplying real ale to Falmer. :thumbsup:

Nov 20, 2003
hove
also you only have a 2 hour or so window it needs to be tapped day before cant see how falmer can sell reat ale without loosing loads of money

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
also you only have a 2 hour or so window it needs to be tapped day before cant see how falmer can sell reat ale without loosing loads of money

The only way you can have real ale at Falmer is for it to be bright.

If it's tapped on the day, there is absolutely no way you could tell, infact, as they won't have a cellar, it would probably be better!

Nov 20, 2003
hove
you miss my point if you have half a barrel of bright left then it will go bad if you have half a barrel of tetleys left then it will save until next match .sccc only use bright now and again ive ask the celler man their

sorry but bright has the sediment removed so it reduces shelflife also it is a inferior product

Er no - the bright beer is removed and the sediment is left behind at the brewery. Can't see why the shelf life should be impacted until the barrel is tapped provided the barrel is sterile and the headspace within is minimised and maybe flooded with something inert to expel any residual O2. Whether it's an inferior product is a matter of personal opinion - different perhaps?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
you miss my point if you have half a barrel of bright left then it will go bad if you have half a barrel of tetleys left then it will save until next match .sccc only use bright now and again ive ask the celler man their

Or perhaps it will be like Tesco's - reduced price beer for the last hour?

Nov 20, 2003
hove
You are still missing the point, i understand entirely the difference between "Bright" and Harveys real Ale.
My point is that once tapped both Bright and Real ale only has a couple of days before its is past its best. So if either is not used with in the time period then it would be waste!
Put it this way, if Falmer has 12 kiosks all selling Harveys then you will have 12 part full barrels at the end of each match unless there is a home game within a couple of days.
After 3/4 days the ale will become unusable and classed as waste.
Yes you can tap bright as when needed unlike sedimented Harveys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here