Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad News About Falmer Catering

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Most football fans won't want to be supping Harveys at Falmer. They'll want LAGER LAGER LAGER.

I hate boozing at grounds anyway. You can only buy it and drink it under the stands....which invariably means you are hemmed into some grotty area with loads of people before the game ort half time and needing to down a pint in 3 mins (by the time you've queued up) if you dont want to miss any of the match. Excellent.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I hate boozing at grounds anyway. You can only buy it and drink it under the stands....which invariably means you are hemmed into some grotty area with loads of people before the game ort half time and needing to down a pint in 3 mins (by the time you've queued up) if you dont want to miss any of the match. Excellent.

Well, this is what Martin Perry is saying.

He wants to make those areas as hospitable as possible. How it's going to be achieved, I've no idea, but what he does say is that the sort of ugly pipework, blockwork and ducting that most clubs have on show won't be on show at Falmer. What will be on show will be montages and murals of past Albion scenes. something like that.

He also said that written within the catering contracts will be a clause that says every kiosk must serve real ale.

I'm guessing here, but assuming the HBZ is right and that the contract has been awarded, I think that it's for hospitality only. Could be wrong, mind.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
So, what's the bad news about Falmer catering mentioned in the thread title?

I'm not sure the thread starter mentions that it should've gone to a local company he then goes on to say that they have not made any profit at Withdean, then claims to have nothing to do with said company.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Nope, still don't see the bad news.

'No chips at Falmer', 'Falmer refused alcohol license', 'McDonalds to run all food concessions at Falmer' - that's my idea of bad news about catering.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Yes it should of gone to a local company and I have worked in catering for 25 years and know what the figures are we all do talk to each other you know. IM not sure about the burges ect usualy theese are subbed out to others .

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Why is it then when ever any body complains to ask the club about the burgers nothing ever changes or the stewarding nothing ever changes ? Because they really dont care its all about the bottom line and not making the fans feel welcome and a decent bit of grub .I really hope Falmer can change this but its all about attitudes towards us the fans.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Did anybody on here enjoy the gastronomic delights of Hospitalitaaah on Sat? I've been wondering about the look on Delia's face as she doubtlessly NIBBLED on a 'specially sourced' slice of Quiche, before whacking back several beakers of Blue Nun.

Pic's especially welcome btw. :thumbsup:

ps I nearly got chucked out the ground by the evil Cheese Police once - when I was caught red-handed liberating a piece of 'spare' Brie (after sneaking into Hospitality during the 2nd half of some dire game or other). Pwoppa nawtee.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, this is what Martin Perry is saying.

He wants to make those areas as hospitable as possible. How it's going to be achieved, I've no idea, but what he does say is that the sort of ugly pipework, blockwork and ducting that most clubs have on show won't be on show at Falmer. What will be on show will be montages and murals of past Albion scenes. something like that.

He also said that written within the catering contracts will be a clause that says every kiosk must serve real ale.

I'm guessing here, but assuming the HBZ is right and that the contract has been awarded, I think that it's for hospitality only. Could be wrong, mind.

So, the area will be less ugly but everything else I mentioned will remain the same. I go to the game to primarily watch the game, if I want a pint I've got 15 mins to get to the bar, queue and drink it standing amongst a huge number of people before returning to my seat. This really is not my idea of an enjoyable experience. I'm not complaining about the club or Perry, both their hands are tied. It's the daft legislation which means no one cannot drink a beer in view of the pitch. Why do we allow such stupid legislation to take hold? No one wants it.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If hardings do the food at withdean now then im delighted because it is simply shit

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
HBZ - can I ask you a question? Oh, I just have...

I agree that the food in hospitality at Withdean is pretty good. It appears to be that you're making out that the next catering company won't be able to deliver that same quality (otherwise why would you be often repeating your issue about the quality of the food). You also say that you're nothing to do with the current caterers - yet you appear to have quite a bee in your bonnet.

My question is... What EXACTLY is your issue with the decision which you are saying has taken place?

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Wasn't this rant posted on the Ask The Falmer Project Team a while ago and subsequently deleted?

Yes, yes it was. And it was a complete load of old bollocks then.

How do you HBZ know that Hardings have not won the Falmer catering contract? Has Hardings or the club announced this publicly, or is this something that you heard from the owners, cousins, hairdressers dog?

Have you considered that somebody else may have put in a better offer than Hardings?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That is the best news I have heard all day.

The Lewes pishwater should not be allowed near Falmer.

:thumbsup:

Let's hope it'll be Hophead...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here