Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australian Open Final - Official Thread.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Andy Murray - British or Scottish in a few hours? :wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Shall we have a run a sweep on how long it is until Murray starts getting some form of fitness problem/injury?

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Novak is wearing the better top!

therefore he will win, that is knowledge of tennis!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Shall we have a run a sweep on how long it is until Murray starts getting some form of fitness problem/injury?

That's the Murray of 5 years ago. He is now one of the fittest and fastest men on tour. This could go either way - Djok just edging it at the mo, I think.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I suspect this is going to be fai a long match, after Murray's wobble in his first service game both seem to be holding faily comfortably thus far.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I suspect this is going to be fai a long match, after Murray's wobble in his first service game both seem to be holding faily comfortably thus far.

The beauty of a potential 5 sets is that the momentum can swing back on forth so many times, it's one of the major things the mens game has over the womens, it happens a lot less in 3 sets.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Brilliant rally there, but 2 set points to Djokovic.

Come on Glenn!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Djokovic takes the first set 6-4.

Yup, and just deserved it. They know each others' play so well having grown up in the game together, and now practise together. Don't think Andy has quite hit his straps yet, but he's not far off - an improvement on his first serve would help.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I wouldnt say he bottled the first set but he just doesnt want to be aggressive and step up. He had chances in that long rally to go for the kill but took an easier safer option instead.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not looking good for the Scot

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Choking big time at the moment

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Don't want to sound too mean, as the bloke has more talent with a racquet than anybody this country has turned up in decades but you've got to wonder if he might be a bit of a "bottler". This is his third grand slam final and (so far) he's been rolled over with ease in all of them.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He's lost his cool, he's losing this set and he's blowing this match completely.

Credit to Djokovic though, he's doing exactly what he needs to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here