Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australian Open Final - Official Thread.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The way it's going, he won't need a few hours.

oooh, he's actually broken Djoko

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Oh dear!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
That's where the "bottle" bit comes in. If you're going to lose a set at the very least make your opponent serve it out rather than give it to him. Because of this he's been behind in every set, as he's handed the first serve to Djokovic. Poor.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Djokovic is leading 6-4 6-2, but Glenn has broken his serve in the first game of the 3rd set.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Back to normal :bugger:

Watford4ever

Jan 9, 2011
Has Murray been doing the usual stoppy behaviour when things aren't going his way which makes everyone dislike him (fit into the Premiership quite well!)

Not sure if its down to a lack of bottle..maybe just not that good to beat the real quality when it matters mentally?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Djockovic is even beating hawk eye!

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Has Murray been doing the usual stoppy behaviour when things aren't going his way which makes everyone dislike him (fit into the Premiership quite well!)

Not sure if its down to a lack of bottle..maybe just not that good to beat the real quality when it matters mentally?

Call it whatever you want.....he never seems mentally at the game.....and to say he always meets finalists at their peak is rubbish....He somehow plays well to get to the final but is just not up to it...if he turns this around I will eat my underpants...

Sep 1, 2010
Call it whatever you want.....he never seems mentally at the game.....and to say he always meets finalists at their peak is rubbish....He somehow plays well to get to the final but is just not up to it...if he turns this around I will eat my underpants...

If he turns this around so will i.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

This!

When it gets to the final he never imposes himself on his opponent. Every final has been the same. Sit on the baseline, return the serve and wait for the error. End of game plan. He never hits the winners that he does in the rest of the tournament and he never comes to the net once he reaches the final.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Bit late to start making a fight of it!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
All over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here