Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australian Open Final - Official Thread.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has THPP drunk himself into oblivion?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Feel for Murray. He was beating himself at times.

I think thats the crux of the matter, irrespective of his tennis (which is obviously very good), a few dropped shots and he begins to talk himself out of it. You can physically see it depart him. A lot of the tennis greats exude that winning attitude even when they are losing....

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Poor effort from Murray although I have to say Djokovic was superb.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
To be fair Novak was flipping class today and he smashed Federe in the round previous! that said its shocking how well Murray plays in all 6 previous rounds and then tightens up so much in a final! He's not as aggressive as he needs to be and really gets down on himself when he loses a big point. So bored of the Scot twat brigade....he made comments about not wanting England to win at football ffs........find a scot that doesnt share that view it was only a bit of banter!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This man has never won a set in a final and yet has played well up until that point. BoF, are you still suggesting that he isn't affected in Finals? Wonder what his first serve percentage was today? Under pressure he looks for an excuse and lets himself off the hook.

Djokovic played well, but at any point was he not allowed to? Shame, but this guy is not as mentally strong as his peers.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This man has never won a set in a final and yet has played well up until that point. BoF, are you still suggesting that he isn't affected in Finals? Wonder what his first serve percentage was today? Under pressure he looks for an excuse and lets himself off the hook.

Djokovic played well, but at any point was he not allowed to? Shame, but this guy is not as mentally strong as his peers.

Where have I suggested that he isn't adversely affected by playing in the Grand Slam finals?

Dad 38

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
murrary is poor when he goes behind if he had won the 1st set today he might off won.But his head drops too easy

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
To be honest, Murray could yet be an eternal bridesmaid when it comes to
the big four finals. It does take a combination of determination skill and luck to make it through to a GS final. Once again the door was open for Murray after the big 2 of Nadal and Federer fell at the semis.
This does not often happen and so it was there for one of the players to step up and take it. mind you, I think Ivan Lendl won several of the majors but was never able to take a Wimbledon title ? that was his personal mountain which he never climbed.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I still think it's a british thing when the pressure is on how many times are british sportsmen left wanting?

Having said that the way DJokovic played Murray didn't have hope in hell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here