Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australian Open Final - Official Thread.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I really don't think that there's any question that Murray has bottled anything. Djokovic is playing some incredible tennis and has superb athleticism. OK, so Murray has been making quite a few unforced errors which aren't helping, but that's not particularly uncommon in tennis. The fact that Djokovic has barely put a foot wrong and has dominated the game is what'll make him the Australian Open Champion today..

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Hang on a minute!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Glimmer of hope or just going out fighting ? Maybe he should have actually STARTED like that?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I really don't think that there's any question that Murray has bottled anything. Djokovic is playing some incredible tennis and has superb athleticism. OK, so Murray has been making quite a few unforced errors which aren't helping, but that's not particularly uncommon in tennis. The fact that Djokovic has barely put a foot wrong and has dominated the game is what'll make him the Australian Open Champion today..

It takes two to make a final though. Djolovic hasn't put a foot wrong but Murray has seldom got anything right. When you get two finalists that don't put a foot wrong you get a final like the Nadal v Federer classic at Wimbledon. When one fails to bring anything to the party you get a walkover.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Well......

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
As you were

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Little known fact.

Stats say whoever wins the 7th game in a set goes on to win that set.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Another little known fact.

Murray will become the first person (hopefully) to reach 3 Grand Slam finals and never win a set.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Last game coming up

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
to answer the original post.................

He's a jock!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another little known fact.

Murray will become the first person (hopefully) to reach 3 Grand Slam finals and never win a set.

Bloody hell, if true that is choking on a Henmanesque level. The fact that he actually got to the finals is a plus though, I guess.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yet again he reaches a final and fails to deliver. Becomming a bit repetative, bit like all the goalkeepers that have blinders at against our srtikers. Or maybe Murray(Andy that is), is just not quite good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here