Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Aussie Rules Football

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This week's telly matches

Screenshot_20240815_071820_Chrome.jpg

eeeh, last weekend of the season and its all on the line for the mighty Freo.
We have to win, and hope that any one of Hawthorn (no chance) Carlton (quite possible) and Bulldogs (probably the most likely of the three) lose, and then we'll sneak into 7th or 8th and get a finals spot. I quite fancy us in the finals, think a lot of teams will underestimate us and i'd fancy our chances of winning anywhere in a one off, but i dont think we'd win more than one or two to be honest. which is fine, for the last four or five years ive been thinking 2025 or 2026 were far more likely as potential years to win.
We have a really young list, lots of absolutely great players who are ready to step up and get to the next level, and have under a hundred games - as they start to mature and get between 24 and 28 - prime years for the best players - i think we'll be hanging around for a good long while. Its just not quite happened yet - lost our last three by 1pt, 8pts and 11pts. Harsh - but the tide is coming in and we're just sitting on the board. If it aint this wave, its the next . . .

GWS probs my tip for the flag at this point, and their song is an absolute banger so i'd be quite happy with that. Despite it being another new club that have won a flag before us ffs!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We have to win, and hope that any one of Hawthorn (no chance) Carlton (quite possible) and Bulldogs (probably the most likely of the three) lose, and then we'll sneak into 7th or 8th and get a finals spot. I quite fancy us in the finals, think a lot of teams will underestimate us and i'd fancy our chances of winning anywhere in a one off, but i dont think we'd win more than one or two to be honest. which is fine, for the last four or five years ive been thinking 2025 or 2026 were far more likely as potential years to win.
We have a really young list, lots of absolutely great players who are ready to step up and get to the next level, and have under a hundred games - as they start to mature and get between 24 and 28 - prime years for the best players - i think we'll be hanging around for a good long while. Its just not quite happened yet - lost our last three by 1pt, 8pts and 11pts. Harsh - but the tide is coming in and we're just sitting on the board. If it aint this wave, its the next . . .

GWS probs my tip for the flag at this point, and their song is an absolute banger so i'd be quite happy with that. Despite it being another new club that have won a flag before us ffs!
It really isn't, it's absolute shite.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pies won't be troubling the finals judges sadly, despite the absurdly slim mathematic chance. All those draws, one point wins and blown games finally caught up with them. Time for a rebuild of Albion-esque proportions methinks, built around AFL god-like genius Nick Daicos. Carna Pies!

It really isn't, it's absolute shite.
Of all the new clubs (since the eighties, basically everyone outside Victoria) they’re the only one to have been given a banger- the rest are dreadful. Though tbf I’ve learnt to love Freo’s shit song, it’s funny shit and not just awful crap like the weagles.
I love the tradition of the songs, but then I used to work in a pub near the MCG (many years ago now) and our jukebox was always playing club songs on matchday, so they all got beaten into my brain incessantly - I think I know all the Vic ones perfectly, it’s such a useless life talent

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pies v Melbourne suspended with 9 minutes to go with Pies leading 90-49 due to severe weather (absolutely chucking it down and risk of lightning)

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
We are hoping to get down to NSW in January to visit my lad while hes there for 6 months. Will there be any sort of pre season footie going on by then? Would love to see some first hand if I can, but appreciate its unlikely.

Casper18

May 1, 2024
We are hoping to get down to NSW in January to visit my lad while hes there for 6 months. Will there be any sort of pre season footie going on by then? Would love to see some first hand if I can, but appreciate its unlikely.
The 2024 pre-season started in late February, so next year will probably follow a similar timeline.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Dockers OUT!

I guess we can now all put aside our AFL differences and root/barrack for Team ABC (Anyone But Carlton) in the finals 😄

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Wrong shade of blue and the stripes go the wrong way but blue and white stripes are blue and white stripe.

Get on the Cats bandwagon for at least two game... Probably just two games.

Gah, it’s all Freo’s own damn fault - the heavens parted, and st Kilda beat Carlton with a goal a hilarious 12 seconds from the end, and it was all in our own hands and all we had to do was beat an admittedly decent team at home, when they had second basically guaranteed anyways.
But no, we missed Darcy, Treacy and Pearce too much, our best ruck/forward/key defender and while everyone has injuries and has to deal with them, we just don’t have the personnel to do so. No lack of effort, we just lacked a bit of assurance and the skill level dropped when the pressure went up - kicking 9.13 when they kicked 13.9 tells a perfect story. Did just as much as they did, but they were more secure and confident, and didn’t get the jitters.
f***.
So onto finals then! A lot of twists and turns to come, and I really couldn’t say who is going to do what! I want teams who will really appreciate it to win a flag, so in that case I’d like GWS, the doggies and Carlton to do well. Never liked Port, bollocks to them, and Geelong, hawthorn n Sydney have been very successful in the last twenty years so I don’t want them to win either. That just leaves Brisbane, and as I havnt said anything about them, they’ll probably win it 👍🏻

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Carn the catters.

I am not feeling confident but you never know your luck in finals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here