Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attila/John Baine an embarressment

PLOP IDOL.(Put it to a vote)

I think the accused has answered the personal hygeine charge.However he could help his case by offering video evidence.
If Rob Roy is so offended by Attila's poetry maybe he should try writing some himself.We could have a poetry duel,each side submit their arguments in prose and us mortal NSC'ers could vote for the winner.
Tell us what you think.
Is Rob Roy right ?
Does Atilla Stink ?
Or is he talking shite.:banana: :banana: :banana:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Maybe the follow up to Tom Hark should be Embarrassment by Madness then

'they've made a commitment
you're an embarrassment
yes an embarrassment
a living endorsement
the intention that you have booked
was an intention that was overlooked

They say stay away
don't want you home today
keep away from our door
don't come around here no more'

must trawl through the scarf thread now, and then do some work

Stumpy Tim

Gwylan said:
Blimey, I gave NSC a miss last night cos I thought it would be quiet on Sunday evening...

Don't know what John's done to warrant your anger, RR, but you're way off the mark here.

I've probably known John longer than anyone else on NSC and during that time he's never wavered in his political beliefs (during a time when many hopped on a New Labour bandwagon), has never lost his love of punk music and has never wavered in his devotion to the Albion; a devotion that has led him to give up much of his free time to saving the club.

We should be proud of supporters like John. When you've done a tenth of what he's done for the Albion, then you might have right to slag him off.

His poetry is a bit crap though isn't it. Go on - admit it

:lolol: :lolol:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think it's very refreshing to see someone really saying what they think on here, rather than the usual dull love in. Fair play to Rob Roy, although he clearly went too far.

I must admit to finding Atilla and his antics extremely cringeworthy at times and I don't think that is a particularly marginal viewpoint, given the groans that you often hear in the South Stand when a poem is read out or Atilla sings a full rendition of we want Falmer on his own. I happened to be reading Build a Bonfire at the weekend and saw the picture of Atillla in Mellor and couldn't help cringing myself.

However, what is absolutely indisputable is that Atilla has the very best interests of the club and the fans at heart and has committed more time and effort than pretty much anyone. For that alone he has to be congratulated, admired and tolerated by those of us that don't appreciate his poetry, singing or leather jackets.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Punk poets? I preferred John Cooper Clarke myself. At least he was funny.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Lush said:

You're a ROCKER!!!!!

We are the mods, we are the mods, we are,we are, we are the mods.

Attila seems a nice guy and has played songs Ive requested before but Im sure he can fight his own corner without a million posters coming on here and slagging off Rob Roy for him. Bit playground mentality really.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Yes, that's when it can get a little embarassing, especially when your club already has a reputation for being a bit nancy.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Attlia doesn't recite his poems before Albion games, does he?

:nono: :yawn: :nono:

Sometimes, but I can't remember us being asked to stay off the pitch so he can do a lap of honour afterwards.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Cracking stuff, you lot! Went to sleep with Robina ironically singing in my ear 'You smell, and you know you do!' however she agrees with Rob Roy about the clothes: I got married to her in a black leather jacket and jeans (but I do have lots of pairs of them!) and we can't go her favourite restaurant 'cos they won't let me in wearing them.....But she loves me lots!

I love the Albion and do my best: it actually LOSES me fans in my everyday work life because many of my audience don't like football and get fed up with me going on about the Albion (I guess some of you do too!)

As for Rob Roy, he's a regular NSC user who has taken a Scottish nom de plume
to throw people off the, erm, scent!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Brighton is not a 'normal' club. There is nothing normal about having your ground sold from under you, playing home games 70 miles away then moving to an athletics track.

I don't see why we should have a 'normal' tannoy announcer !

Saying that can we have that Westlife track they played to Charlie, Leon and Jonah on Soccer AM played soon ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here