Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Attendance figure for last night???

What north stand fans, probably the most decimated section of the ground, die hard my arse.

Odd, what my Specsaver enhanced eyes saw was that they had the biggest per capita turnout of all the home stands by quite some distance

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sounds about right from what I saw. That figure for me reflects well on Brighton fans - it's by some collective common sense creating a safer environment, almost a ballot that the club no longer want to hold but Brighton fans collectively did

We did, which as you say does suggest a lot of ‘collective common sense’. It’s a bit different to the limited capacity ballot situation though, insofar as those who are reluctant to take the risks, are being financially penalised.

The best of the worst turnout all round, is never the best….

I’d have expected more, to be honest.

I thought they were close to 80% but I may be being generous looking at everywhere else by comparison

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Less than half full. Brentford fans didn’t seem to have any issues traveling from London though. Once we scored the atmosphere seemed to liven up a bit (through the tele screen) which is par for the course. In theory we were down to the hardcore support undiluted by tourists.

Bit like saying Brighton fans didn't seem to have trouble travelling to London had the match been up there, we would have filled the away end

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Moral grandstanding about fans turning up or not turning up or attendance being good or bad is inappropriate when Omicron is ripping through Britain. I did go but time will tell whether those that didn't made the wiser choice, let's await the pings and the home tests. Yes, the bereft East Stand where I was happened by chance to be more socially distanced than the two Amex managed games of a year ago I went to. Those that didn't go made it safer for those that did.

Wasn't really so convinced about the away end, London a huge epicentre of Omicron and their fans packed in tightly. I know people are making those free choices with vaccines but there's still something about that which doesn't completely convince me during times like this.

Good post. Me and the wife chose not to go to the Wolves game a few hours before ko. Final straw was my wife getting the email that she had to queue to prove her covid cert and ID to get her ticket reactivated. As her ticket is on my phone we therefore both had to queue. To big risk in the end as we didn't want to risk a second banned Christmas.

My daughter and her boyfriend decided to attend, and caught covid, almost certainly on the train between Lewes and the ground or back again but could have been in the ground.

They had an isolated Christmas and are still in their isolation. None of us went last night and we have three tickets for Chelsea which won't be used. I tried to give them back last week to allow three other fans the opportunity to go but the club wouldnt take them back. Can't pass them on as linked to the oniine covid declaration.

Good post. Me and the wife chose not to go to the Wolves game a few hours before ko. Final straw was my wife getting the email that she had to queue to prove her covid cert and ID to get her ticket reactivated. As her ticket is on my phone we therefore both had to queue. To big risk in the end as we didn't want to risk a second banned Christmas.

My daughter and her boyfriend decided to attend, and caught covid, almost certainly on the train between Lewes and the ground or back again but could have been in the ground.

They had an isolated Christmas and are still in their isolation. None of us went last night and we have three tickets for Chelsea which won't be used. I tried to give them back last week to allow three other fans the opportunity to go but the club wouldnt take them back. Can't pass them on as linked to the oniine covid declaration.

Yep I feel for you - that's the current real situation. I'm in a family season ticket bloc of 3 but only me was willing to give it a go last night. As everywhere around me are Withdean North Stand elderly old timers in the east stand, I knew it would be empty, and sure enough no other person 4 to my left, 4 to my right, and none in front or behind. It was a good calculated gamble, but I'll be testing tomorrow to see how that paid off.

Palace on the 14th will obviously be a much bigger attendance so the dilemma starts again

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021

"Final straw was my wife getting the email that she had to queue to prove her covid cert and ID to get her ticket reactivated" - I dont understand this. Ive not seen anything official from the club that this is how the random checks work. Cancel a ticket until you prove youve had both vaccines. Queue where? Seperate short queue? Long queue with others randomly selected and where? Are you expected to queue away from your normal entry queue? And why cancel/deactivate the ticket? My experience has been a couple of random checks as queuing to enter via turnstiles along with bag checks and so on.

Sorry to hear of your dauther and her boyfriend getting covid.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
"Final straw was my wife getting the email that she had to queue to prove her covid cert and ID to get her ticket reactivated" - I dont understand this. Ive not seen anything official from the club that this is how the random checks work. Cancel a ticket until you prove youve had both vaccines. Queue where? Seperate short queue? Long queue with others randomly selected and where? Are you expected to queue away from your normal entry queue? And why cancel/deactivate the ticket? My experience has been a couple of random checks as queuing to enter via turnstiles along with bag checks and so on.

Sorry to hear of your dauther and her boyfriend getting covid.

Random email before Wolves game, there was a thread on here, certain percentage of tickets were cancelled those picked had to queue at one of two ticket windows behind NS had to prove they had covid pass with ID to get ticket reactivated. Big queue I heard.

I think it was quoted 20% of tickets but can't remember now.

If you didn't get the email you would know, wife came around 2pm I think.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Moral grandstanding about fans turning up or not turning up or attendance being good or bad is inappropriate when Omicron is ripping through Britain. I did go but time will tell whether those that didn't made the wiser choice, let's await the pings and the home tests. Yes, the bereft East Stand where I was happened by chance to be more socially distanced than the two Amex managed games of a year ago I went to. Those that didn't go made it safer for those that did.

Wasn't really so convinced about the away end, London a huge epicentre of Omicron and their fans packed in tightly. I know people are making those free choices with vaccines but there's still something about that which doesn't completely convince me during times like this.

Yes , couldnt agree more , virus-wise, why wasnt the empty section made available to the Brentford fans crammed in tightly into the other 4 sections , to allow them to socially distance ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here