Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I took my in my hands today, we were right in the firing line for shooting practice

IMG_20211120_135339_515~2.jpg

:lolol:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Gross needs to be a squad player. I’ve been saying for some time that Gross’s set pieces are a myth, they’re poor.

It’s time to rest Duffy too, that’s 2 games on the bounce that he’s been exposed 1v1, a red card and a crucial first goal today. He should have taken one today and stopped Watkins before he got to the area.

Only blessing on the 2nd goal was it meant we did one out of that hole and got to Witton before it got too bad, makes Falmer station and Southern look like a Japanese we’ll oiled machine……..
Utter, utter dump of a place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
If Connolly starts the next game then we’re definitely fooled!

I would rather play one of the under 23s at least they’d probably try and impress

My apologies

I was trying to inject some humour into the situation.I find it hard to believe we can come back from 2 down at Anfield yet lose to that lot

Connolly needs to go out on loan.He should be nowhere near our first eleven again this season

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My apologies

I was trying to inject some humour into the situation.I find it hard to believe we can come back from 2 down at Anfield yet lose to that lot

Connolly needs to go out on loan.He should be nowhere near our fist eleven again this season

Liverpool don’t do defence, just one intent to score goals.

Villa, Newcastle pack their defensive set ups, huge numbers involved.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Although things have gone a bit tits-up, recently, I can honestly say that I'm finding this season (thus far) more entertaining than any of our previous ones.
What will be, will be, but I'm smiling (mostly), so far. :)

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
The best thing I can say about that is that, having gone with a friend to Forest's league Cup game against Wolves, it wasn't the worst game/performance by a team I've been to this season.

If I were to try and expand on how crap that was I'd just get angry again, so I won't. It was crap on every level. 90minutes of crap all round.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Well taken goals, sadly. :lolol:

I remain disappointed, but in no way despondent.

I've probably come to expect too much, given our start to the season, which actually speaks volumes about how far we've come, in reality.

It's just lovely to see how far we've come, over the last decade or so, and long may it continue. :)

Yeah, all very true. Very frustrating at the moment and feels like we're going backwards, but the big picture is still pretty bloody good. Just hope we pick up a couple of Ws soon and don't get sucked in to a relegation battle

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Liverpool don’t do defence, just one intent to score goals.

Villa, Newcastle pack their defensive set ups, huge numbers involved.

Yep

When teams park the bus that`s when the problems start.As other posters have stated our slow build-up does not help.What on earth were Gross and Moder still doing on the pitch at 90 mins? But no scape-goats

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Never mind. Man U, not for the first time, have prevented anyone, anywhere talking about us - or anyone else all week.

And they will employ a magnificent new manager, the week before we play them.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Yeah, all very true. Very frustrating at the moment and feels like we're going backwards, but the big picture is still pretty bloody good. Just hope we pick up a couple of Ws soon and don't get sucked in to a relegation battle

I have no fear of a relegation battle, at all, but I'd love to see us live up to our potential....for once.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Yep

When teams park the bus that`s when the problems start.As other posters have stated our slow build-up does not help.What on earth were Gross and Moder still doing on the pitch at 90 mins? But no scape-goats
But 'im indoors thought it best to take Cucu and Tariq off,.. it's already been said, but something needs to change, and soon.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here