Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

D

Deleted member 2719

We are easy to beat when teams realise all you have to do is score once . There are only 3 top teams its the rest that are the issue.

Easy, really, surely you don't actually believe that?

3 Losses in 12 games in the Premier league with the budget we have.

I would say that is one well setup side, Potter was expecting a striker and didn't get one.
He has set his side to be good in possession for a reason, so when that striker does get landed we can do some real damage in this league and may even enjoy the experience of europe.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Easy, really, surely you don't actually believe that?

3 Losses in 12 games in the Premier league with the budget we have.

I would say that is one well setup side, Potter was expecting a striker and didn't get one.
He has set his side to be good in possession for a reason, so when that striker does get landed we can do some real damage in this league and may even enjoy the experience of europe.
We are never going to buy a quality striker.

Lots of duff ones, but nobody who is any good.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m a bit lost for words after that, it was just a bit shite really. Dreadful match and ended up walking into town as the train queue was horrific.
All that possession and so little to show for it, a horrendous lack of pace in the side just means everything slows down, if our only attacking outlet is the wing backs it’s very easy to defend against us as we’re entirely predictable.
I was stunned that Moder, Lallana and Groß survived the full 90 minutes.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I have a question... What does Gross's right arm signal mean when he takes corners?

He took seven corners today, and each time did the same signal - right arm in the air. The crosses went to the penalty spot, near post, far post... and the signal was identical!

What on earth does it mean? Does Pascal even know?

Treacle’s time is up I’m afraid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
- A defence that can be mugged on the counter. Even awful Norwich and Newcastle teams tore us apart on the second half counter. What’s all that about? Why does GP set us up late in games when we’re not losing, so that Wilson, Pukki and Watkins have space to run into?

- No goals in the team.

I've just watched most of it again, and it's shocking how we lose the impetus once we regain it.
Not a single cutting edge (and that's not knocking Trossard), and the subs were truly baffling.
I was (and remain) 'Team Potter', but sometimes I do wonder what his plan is.
That said, we're still far further up the table than I could have dreamed of, at the start of the season, so shouldn't moan too much. :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've just watched most of it again, and it's shocking how we lose the impetus once we regain it.
Not a single cutting edge (and that's not knocking Trossard), and the subs were truly baffling.
I was (and remain) 'Team Potter', but sometimes I do wonder what his plan is.
That said, we're still far further up the table than I could have dreamed of, at the start of the season, so shouldn't moan too much. :)

I admire your resilience, in watching it twice.

I won’t see the Watkins or Mings goals for the rest of my life :lolol:.

Same as you, loyal to GP throughout and Trossard’s a star. My posts this evening haven’t been personal towards TB, GP or players.

I’m not worried about a relegation. More just gutted that I saw this coming and wasn’t wooed like everyone else by second half cameos in a couple of matches. Our former league position flattered our budget 15th status, this is a levelling down for a squad with limitations.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I’m a bit lost for words after that, it was just a bit shite really. Dreadful match and ended up walking into town as the train queue was horrific.
All that possession and so little to show for it, a horrendous lack of pace in the side just means everything slows down, if our only attacking outlet is the wing backs it’s very easy to defend against us as we’re entirely predictable.
I was stunned that Moder, Lallana and Groß survived the full 90 minutes.

And then he discards any further thoughts of winning and takes off those wingbacks. Utterly bizarre. I’m on the train and and there is a general acceptance that potter messed up again
I’m wandering into ‘bad fan’ territory by conceding I’m done with Gross. His pedestrian movement in the latter parts of games means that outlet is no longer an option and he hasn’t done anywhere near enough over the season to warrant a starting spot.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I have a question... What does Gross's right arm signal mean when he takes corners?

He took seven corners today, and each time did the same signal - right arm in the air. The crosses went to the penalty spot, near post, far post... and the signal was identical!

What on earth does it mean? Does Pascal even know?

And every corner a complete waste. Never finding a Brighton player.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I admire your resilience, in watching it twice.

I won’t see the Watkins or Mings goals for the rest of my life :lolol:.

Same as you, loyal to GP throughout and Trossard’s a star. My posts this evening haven’t been personal towards TB, GP or players.

I’m not worried about a relegation. More just gutted that I saw this coming and wasn’t wooed like everyone else by second half cameos in a couple of matches. Our former league position flattered our budget 15th status, this is a levelling down for a squad with limitations.

Well taken goals, sadly. :lolol:

I remain disappointed, but in no way despondent.

I've probably come to expect too much, given our start to the season, which actually speaks volumes about how far we've come, in reality.

It's just lovely to see how far we've come, over the last decade or so, and long may it continue. :)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
And then he discards any further thoughts of winning and takes off those wingbacks. Utterly bizarre. I’m on the train and and there is a general acceptance that potter messed up again
I’m wandering into ‘bad fan’ territory by conceding I’m done with Gross. His pedestrian movement in the latter parts of games means that outlet is no longer an option and he hasn’t done anywhere near enough over the season to warrant a starting spot.

Indeed. Once Lamptey was withdrawn and Groß lined up on the right touch line I knew we were fooked, he simply doesn’t have the mobility to be out there. Our substitutions somehow made our already pedestrian side even slower, quite remarkable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here