Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ask The Club - Is this a fair question?

Is this a fair question to ask, and should it be asked?

• Yes

Votes: 73 90.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES IN THE PAST " I CANNOT NAME THE SOURCE"

To be honest i don't care whether people believe me or not - what i say IS true but if people don't beleive me that is fine but peole that constantly slag me off for no reason is not fair

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why should they have to give it to an internet forum.

They don't need to answer it on the internet, but they do need to answer it somewhere. Even if it's just to say that there is a legal gagging order on both parties, so unfortunately the details cannot be divulged.

When I get told the club will be open and honest, it's no good telling me things like "We have narrowed the main contractors down to the final two" but deciding not to tell me the reason behind sacking a manager who finished 7th .... especially when it is AFTER I've shelled out my season ticket renewal money.

I don't say I need to know every detail, or indeed that they need to take my opinion into account, but if you say you are going to be open and honest, then you should be, and on this they have just closed ranks and not told us anything. Personally, that wasn't good enough last May, and it's getting no easier to stomach as this debacle continues.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Well as he said at the forum he would have gone even if we got promoted

Crazy!!

Yes.....I quite agree with you...it is crazy.

Of course, I am aware of what Mr. Knight said at the forum about Dean Wilkins, and I think that says far more about Mr.Knight, than I could ever do.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Miss-representation - some good performances against teams much higher than us in the table, notably away from home,

Really?

Our 5, yes only 5 league wins this season have been against:

Crewe on week 1 so no league table (who are currently bottom btw)
Southend on week 3 of the season (currently 15th)

Okay, I'll give you Leicester and Millwall for 3rd and 4th wins

5th win, Swindon who were below us.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes.....I quite agree with you...it is crazy.

Of course, I am aware of what Mr. Knight said at the forum about Dean Wilkins, and I think that says far more about Mr.Knight, than I could ever do.

Totally right. Nuts decision. Knight ego v Good Manager, sadly there could be only one loser.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I'd already explained why I deleted the thread, thankyou. Perhaps you can leave me out of this little battle.

Buzzer

By all means have a battle on this board. But not a WAR!!.............

[yt]_d8C4AIFgUg[/yt]

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The most bizarre bit of the whole episode was allowing Wilkins to have a mini clear out, when it was obvious he was off and then (irrespective of their worth) bringing a couple of the players back.

Beyond bizarre in-fact.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The most bizarre bit of the whole episode was allowing Wilkins to have a mini clear out, when it was obvious he was off and then (irrespective of their worth) bringing a couple of the players back.

Beyond bizarre in-fact.

Non league management from a non league chairman.

Stumpy Tim

I've always backed Knight as he's done wonders for the club. But this whole episode has left me 100% questioning him... this season has been a shambles and the bucks starts with Knight, and then Adams.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

Beyond bizarre in-fact.

By our standards it wasn't a mini clear out, seeing as Butters, Rents, Hart, Mayo and Reid had all been regulars within the last few years.

And it was ONLY two days before. I don't know if it's been deleted now, but on the Weds the Argus had the story of the clearout and a Wilkins quote basically saying him and Chapman knew how it felt to be released(1996 etc) but football goes on..

Did he really not know when he said that he was 24 hours away from being given the boot? Because that's a rather prophetic statement to be your final one as manager!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Wilkins definitely never saw it coming. Was completely shell shocked weeks later.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Wilkins definitely never saw it coming. Was completely shell shocked weeks later.

That makes it even worse he was given the job of firing people when his authority only lasted for another day and then was rescinded in two players cases.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Very very odd, I'll say it again.

Cynically it looked like the manager being given the horrible job off getting rid of the loyal servants.

Just one little convenient last job before then being asked to leave himself.

I may be talking complete and utter bollocks, but when accusations of deflecting blame are made.....

Or perhaps negotiations with the new Manager were yet to be complete and so Wilkins was allowed to carry on, even though all his decisions weren't necessary agreed with.

That is absolutely no way to run a football club.

Last edited:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Very very odd, I'll say it again.

Cynically it looked like the manager being given the horrible job off getting rid of the loyal servants.

Just one little convenient last job before then being asked to leave himself.

I may be talking complete and utter bollocks, but when accusations of deflecting blame are made.....

Or perhaps negotiations with the new Manager were yet to be complete and so Wilkins was allowed to carry on, even though all his decisions weren't necessary agreed with.

Sorry all those think the powers that be are doing a great job, that is absolutely no way to run a football club.

Exactly Clapham, let him tell the young pro's they won't make it even though he's being sacked the next day...awful.

I mean, surely couldn't they have delayed the list for two days? They must have known Micky was coming back then. Why let it happen..

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
If they can't answer why Wilkins went, they can surely answer why that farce was allowed to happen.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Really?

Our 5, yes only 5 league wins this season have been against:

Crewe on week 1 so no league table (who are currently bottom btw)
Southend on week 3 of the season (currently 15th)

Okay, I'll give you Leicester and Millwall for 3rd and 4th wins

5th win, Swindon who were below us.

I said performances. I agree results not in line with what I thought at the games I have been to (all Northern aways).

However, even so we are an OKish 12th in the table on away results, 13pts from 12.

Home results? We are equal bottom with Leighton Orient, though with a game in hand over them, 10pts from 12. Thank you, home support.

And why is it a reasoned argument to claim "we can't beat the team at the bottom of the entire league"? Luton are only bottom after deducting 30pts.

On-the-field performance puts them in 15th place both home and away, and 14th overall. Not bad for a side playing only for pride - given all but a certainty that they won't catch up the 20+ pts needed to break out of the relegation places. Non-league has been their future for a while now, but they just keep plugging on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here