Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ask The Club - Is this a fair question?

Is this a fair question to ask, and should it be asked?

• Yes

Votes: 73 90.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
How about no, for the umpteenth time, because the club cannot...legally...publicise...the reasons?
Sorry, don't take this the wrong way but that it bollocks:p

I know the club won't give an answer, but I still think it should be asked.

I know why Wilkins went, and have said so many times on here, but would like to hear it from the club.

The reason they wont give an answer, is nothing to do with legal reasons, it's because if they confirmed why they did it(not every little detail just the main reason), then the fans would turn on Dick Knight quicker than a Micky Adams can turn a promising side into a shit one!:lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Uncle Dick made it as clear as he could when he said Wilkins would have left regardless of where we had finished last season.

Anyone around the club at the end of last season will tell you Wilkins had no PR skills whatsoever.

How many senior players have you heard coming out in support of Wilkins? (And no, Forster saying it was a surprise doesn't count. And I'm sure if you put the tiniest pressure on any senior player from last season to give their opinion on Wilkins leaving...oh I can't be arsed with all this again. NSC is spazville.)

With all due respect, I couldn't care less about DW's PR skills. He was employed to manage a team, which he was doing rather well where it mattered. In fact the only place where it mattered - on the pitch. The players don't like him? Big deal. He got results from them. He needs their respect, not their friendship.

BHA is the SPAZVILLE, not NSC. Spazville is where you get rid of success and replace it with mediocre shiteness.

So I've asked the question.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Worth a go, but the sad fact is that we will never know the truth for as long as Dick Knight is still chairman.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Worth a go, but the sad fact is that we will never know the truth for as long as Dick Knight is still chairman.

I fear you are right.......I just hope Lord Bracknell never again, allows himself to be used by Dick Knight as his conveyor of spin, and shamelessly destroying the character of a loyal club member.

And yet it was OK for Dick Knight to use Lord Bracknell to convey his "apparent" disapproval of Wilkins on this board....?
That is complete BOLLOCKS.

The only reason I said anything was because Ian Hart misrepresented publicly what I had said to him privately and I wouldn't let that misrepresentation stand.

D

Deleted member 2719

I fear you are right.......I just hope Lord Bracknell never again, allows himself to be used by Dick Knight as his conveyor of spin, and shamelessly destroying the character of a loyal club member.

I have not heard about this Bracknell gate, surely not?:ohmy:

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Sorry, don't take this the wrong way but that it bollocks:p

I know the club won't give an answer, but I still think it should be asked.

I know why Wilkins went, and have said so many times on here, but would like to hear it from the club.

The reason they wont give an answer, is nothing to do with legal reasons, it's because if they confirmed why they did it(not every little detail just the main reason), then the fans would turn on Dick Knight quicker than a Micky Adams can turn a promising side into a shit one!:lolol:

:thumbsup:

More BOLLOCKS. I said nothing until MONTHS after the conversation with Dick Knight took place. And, as I've just indicated, it was my intention not to say anything.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
That is complete BOLLOCKS.

The only reason I said anything was because Ian Hart misrepresented publicly what I had said to him privately and I wouldn't let that misrepresentation stand.

I,m sorry Lord Bracknell, but you chose to state on this board, some of Dick Knights personal views and feelings about Dean Wilkins............which, as a much respected contributor to this board (and well earned respect too), you must have realised how damaging to Dean Wilkins character, that would be.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Perfectly right question.

Dick Knight has been passed his sell by date for eighteen months now. What this club needs is stable management with a good young manager. We had that and the club was improving with good young prospects. However Dean Wilkins dared to question some of the chairmans negotiations with players and that was that. Dick Knight allowed his ego to get in the way of what was good for the club, and decided to ditch a bright young manager for someone who is a close friend, did have previous success at the club but was out of work after struggling in his previous two appointments.

Time to go Dick. To be honest I would admire him more if he sticks by his decision but as in the past as the flack is starting to turn his way I am sure he will act. Just hope this time he moves upstairs and lets someone else take on board the player negotiation, someone who understands football. And lets hope Ken Brown, Dean White and Bob Booker all go at the same time.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Yes, but its odds on you will be banned by El Pres anyway preceded by a hysterical swearing hissy fit (and sarcy comment, coz his right cleva)!

Good luck.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Post deleted.

I don't want this thread to become a finger-pointing exercise. Can we just agree that there are too many rumours and counter-rumours poisoning relations between the fans and the board and we need to clear the air.

Last edited:

I,m sorry Lord Bracknell, but you chose to state on this board, some of Dick Knights personal views and feelings about Dean Wilkins............which, as a much respected contributor to this board (and well earned respect too), you must have realised how damaging to Dean Wilkins character, that would be.
I've done a search and can't find ANY post by me that "states Dick Knight's personal views and feelings about Dean Wilkins".

If you care to unearth one, I'd be happy to comment.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In what way is this question not asking for the reason?

Missed that sentence :lol: only read the last one.....

I'm not sure whether it's a fair question anymore.

I'm more interested in their reasoning for not telling, rather than the gory details.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Post deleted.

I don't want this thread to become a finger-pointing exercise. Can we just agree that there are too many rumours and counter-rumours poisoning relations between the fans and the board and we need to clear the air.

Why have you deleted that link to a previous thread ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here