Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ask The Club - Is this a fair question?

Is this a fair question to ask, and should it be asked?

• Yes

Votes: 73 90.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Wrong IMHO. I'm gonna paraphrase what I've posted elsewhere and I've alluded to how for example DK can respond without breaking any confidentiality agreements or apportioning blame:

DK is accountable to the fans and as much as we need the likes of DK and the Blooms, they need us, the fans too.

DK said that Wilkins would have gone even if we'd been promoted but he offered DW a coaching job under MA. And he let DW have a clear out, then [effectively] sacked DW and then 2 of the players were re-instated. This all looks amateurish and ill-conceived. MA has said there's a long term plan.

So all I and others would like is some kind of explanation from DK as to what the thinking behind all this was. I don't want to know details. A simple "we, the board, thought that a more experienced manager and a bigger name was what was required as we moved to Falmer" or "relations between DW and I had broken down irreparable to the point that we could no longer effectively function in the transfer market and on a day to day basis". There's no need for blame or accusations. These things happen and I'm sure most Albion fans recognise that. Otherwise, if things carry on like they are, there's gonna be less than 4,000 watching Albion in the coming season.

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showpost.php?p=2764775&postcount=39

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
ABUSING ask the club? Dunno if you've noticed but there's a lot of us fans that are currently bewildered, nay completely disillusioned with things at the moment and would like an explanation as to why DK changed a winning formula. Go on then, report my post to the mods if it offends you so much. I dare you. I double dare you.

So you think that an internet chat site where a small minority of Brighton fans post is a good place for Dick Knight to reveal why he sacked Dean Wilkins? Ask the club is about people asking the club questions about match tickets, club shop etc, nothing is ever going to be revealed about decisions that have been made behind the scenes. If they decide to reveal all, which they may not legally be able to, it will be in a statement on the official site. So, while it may be a relevant question generally, it is a pointless one for ask the club.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
There won't be any spin. They will say they can't answer that question (and hopefully ban you for abusing ask the club) as you know full well but still felt you had to put an attention seeking thread online.
You really don't like me do you. Or are you one of those that just dont like anyone. Or do you have an agenda against me, like you claim I have against the club:tosser:

You really are a thick **** as well. WHy would I be banned? I never asked it. Cannot you not read, or do you just go mad when you see that pic of Burnsie on the left.

And anyone who posts a thread is seeking attention. Otherwise why would they post anything. It's a public forum, so posting on here will get attention dickhead:nono:

90% seem to think the question should be asked, so...... tough shit.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You really don't like me do you. Or are you one of those that just dont like anyone. Or do you have an agenda against me, like you claim I have against the club:tosser:

You really are a thick **** as well. ... 90% seem to think the question should be asked, so...... tough shit.

I can't understand why he would not like you...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Honestly I couldn't care less about you. However, your attitude is extremely boring. If I hated something as much as you seem to hate the board/club/everything else to do with it, I would go and support Crystal Palace (or whoever Dean Wilkins is managing at the moment). Who is that by the way as such a wonderful manager couldn't possibly still be out of work? I imagine it must be at least Championship level if not Premiership.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So you think that an internet chat site where a small minority of Brighton fans post is a good place for Dick Knight to reveal why he sacked Dean Wilkins? Ask the club is about people asking the club questions about match tickets, club shop etc, nothing is ever going to be revealed about decisions that have been made behind the scenes. If they decide to reveal all, which they may not legally be able to, it will be in a statement on the official site. So, while it may be a relevant question generally, it is a pointless one for ask the club.

Ask The Club is abused by some people who merely want a rant or have an axe to grind - and they get chastised for it.

However, for me, it is a perfectly reasonable question to ask and, under the circumstances, well within the remit of Ask The Club. It was worded politely but firmly, without it being leading nor with prejudice.

I am looking forward to the response.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I think an established channel of communication between fans and the club is a bloody good way for DK to speak to us. NSC is open to all Brighton fans and so is "ask the club" and lots of us think that things have gone so spectacularly wrong that we feel an explanation would help clear the air and help us keep the faith.

You seem to think this is malicious. I assure you it's not. Have a look at my other post today about how I feel DK could respond. Of course NSC is not the medium to respond in and I wouldn't expect the club to issue a statement via "ask the club". DK could sit down with Andy Naylor and say (with all his PR skills) "look, I know the fans are asking why we replaced DW with MA. I can't go into specifics but the rationale was X, Y or Z."

All we are trying to do is show DK and the board the level of unease there is out there and ask him to come forward to clear the air.

Comments from you that amount to nothing more than "nothing to see, move on, you'll just have to lump it, nothing to do with you" don't quite cut it at the moment.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
(or whoever Dean Wilkins is managing at the moment). Who is that by the way as such a wonderful manager couldn't possibly still be out of work?

According to LMA website:

availablemanagers.jpg

Are the available managers. Wilkin's name being absent would suggest he is not availlable. Since there is debate over whether he has been paid off or is still on the club's books, I'd say it looks like he's still on the club's books.

Rush into taking the first job available, or take free time to reflect and improve on your career thus far, while getting paid. I know what I'd be inclined to do.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

You really are a thick **** as well. WHy would I be banned? I never asked it. Cannot you not read, or do you just go mad when you see that pic of Burnsie on the left.

And anyone who posts a thread is seeking attention. Otherwise why would they post anything. It's a public forum, so posting on here will get attention dickhead:nono:

90% seem to think the question should be asked, so...... tough shit.

I see no reason why the question should not be asked. I suspect as has been mentioned elsewhere on this thread that the Insider is not in a position to answer the question himself, and that a public statement would have to come from the board, and probably that Dean Wilkins (via his legal advisors), would have to agree with the content of the statement.

I also suspect that the statement will be so bland as to leave no one any the wiser.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Honestly I couldn't care less about you. However, your attitude is extremely boring. If I hated something as much as you seem to hate the board/club/everything else to do with it, I would go and support Crystal Palace (or whoever Dean Wilkins is managing at the moment). Who is that by the way as such a wonderful manager couldn't possibly still be out of work? I imagine it must be at least Championship level if not Premiership.
You're a prick. Plan and simple.

Hate the club. I'm a very passive person in real life, and if you said that to my face, believe me I'd drop there and then. I love this club, but that doesn't mean I will sit back and see it f***ed up because a chairmans ego. Why would I be on here if I hated the club. Its so easy for morons like you a label people like that when you can't add to the debate.

Look our form. We are going down this season if the manager isn't changed. You can hope and IS. We are on the brink of the realagtion zone at the end of December, and we're 5 players short since then, on a losing streak. The only reason we are not adrift in the bottom 4, is cause of the weather. The teams below are picking up points, the teams above are picking up points, and we are losing week in week out, with a squad containing around 16 players, do the maths.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I see no reason why the question should not be asked. I suspect as has been mentioned elsewhere on this thread that the Insider is not in a position to answer the question himself, and that a public statement would have to come from the board, and probably that Dean Wilkins (via his legal advisors), would have to agree with the content of the statement.

I also suspect that the statement will be so bland as to leave no one any the wiser.
As I said before, I know why he was sacked, and I know its a question that will not be answered, because Dick Knight will lose all face with the fans if he did.

Its just so they know how pissed off people are getting with the situation.

I never wanted Micky Adams back, but any other manager at any other club would have been sacked a long time ago now. 2 things are keeping Micky here, one is his contract, we cannot afford to sack him and have two axed managers on the payroll, and the other is the chairman/boards ego, and I dont want to see my club get realagted because the chairman wont sack a manager who is factually not up to the job, because he doesn't wnt to lose face.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The club can't possibly give an answer, there really isnt too much they can say that won't end up making them look foolish and showing a grave lack of judgement, particularly DK.

There is no embezzlement of funds or sex or drugs scandal on Wilkins, sorry there is none, but how the club wished there was at present.

The club and Naylors encouragement of irrelevant players to say that they actually didn't like Wilkins whilst they couldn't find a start in a team doing very nicely thank you, was no surprise.

I heard that even Paul Reid was a willing participant in this weeks programme !

Of all the players that might have offered an interesting read, it had to be the player that started the unjustified whispering campaign in the first instance and hardly kicked a ball in anger for a few years and certainly not during Wilkins tenure.

Why not interview one of the 'Clubs' genuine successes, maybe a product of our youth system, that might inspire another generation of Sussex based youngsters to become professional footballer's with the club ?

I am guessing because the dreaded 'W' word might of been used in a positive light and more than once, shameful really.

There is no 'big reason' other than DK didn't enjoy a close relationship with his manager.

So what !!

He was successful, progressive and professional and the club has risked our success on a bloody ego !!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As I said before, I know why he was sacked, and I know its a question that will not be answered, because Dick Knight will lose all face with the fans if he did.

Its just so they know how pissed off people are getting with the situation.

I'm sure you have said before why you think Wilkins was sacked, and (I can't be bothered to trawl through lots of previous posts for once) I think it was something to do with Dean Hammond. I have heard similar, but no idea how true these stories are. The source is one that is reasonably reliable with no axe to grind.

I've also heard some more unpleasant stories, but take the view that if there was an ounce of truth in them Wilkins would not have been offered a contract as head coach (or whatever alternative post the board gave to him).

I suspect the board are aware of how pissed off people are, 2 home wins out of 12 has given supporters plenty of opportunity to voice their views.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here