Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ask The Club - Is this a fair question?

Is this a fair question to ask, and should it be asked?

• Yes

Votes: 73 90.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Since some people get banned for using "Ask the Club" I thought I would ask here if you think this is a fair question before posting it.............

I think its a fair question, and to be honest if they won't answer this, or if it gets removed and I get another one week ban (that ends tomorrow), then is there any point in having "ask the club"?

Were you really BANNED for asking the club a question? What on EARTH did you ask?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I got banned as well all i asked was Blackburn had just sacked Ince as there league position was bad - what was the boards views on it

I think Mr burns question is a very valid question - Season ticket holders and all fans that pay throughout the season have a right to question what is happening - if we went to a restaurant and wasn't hapy with the meal or went and bought something from a shop that we weren't happy with we would not be expected to put up with it - we pay a lot of money out for this club whether it be tickets or just money spent in the shop - The whole board and Management of this team need to remember that

Why have you deleted that link to a previous thread ?
I think the link was to a post I made on 31 August 2008:-

The only reason to "divulge the incident" is that it has been misrepresented. I don't know when the Club took the decision to replace Dean Wilkins as manager. It's been insinuated that this was sometime last January, but DK didn't tell DW, although he hinted to some fans that this would be the outcome.

Because that is a misrepresentation of what happened in January, I'm saying NOW that I heard no suggestion then that DW was going to be sacked.

The misrepresentation continues.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Perfectly fair question, but you won't get an answer.

I'm sorry to say the club are only open and honest with the fans when it suits them.

Or when they legally can. It is often agreed when a manager is paid off that the club or manager cannot speak publically about it (same with any business). Either way there won't be an answer on ask the club and nor should there be. If Dick Knight decides to make the details public he certainly shouldn't release them on here.

Am I the only one who is seriously bored by Mr Burns crusade against the club or is everyone enjoying jumping on the bandwagon these days as it is fashionable to criticise the club?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
In which case Finchley, shouldn't that just be the answer they give.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I got banned as well all i asked was Blackburn had just sacked Ince as there league position was bad - what was the boards views on it

That is quite a ridiculous questions to ask a BHA board though isn't it. Quite simply, what difference does it make what other clubs do? We are BHA and the boards opinion of what happened at Blackburn is a total and utter irrelevence.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I think the decision to get rid of Dean was made in January - Micky left Colchester in January and then Dean started turned results around - couldn't really sack him while we were doing ok and it wasn't until we definatley couldn't go up that Dick said he had been talking to Micky for a week - Well that is a load of bollocks because a friend of ours was playing golf with Micky in March and he knew he was coming back then - this is a perfect example of why the man lies

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
In which case Finchley, shouldn't that just be the answer they give.

Why should they have to give it to an internet forum. Knight has said in the past that it was not for football reasons but presumably cannot say anymore. He is not going to divulge further information and Mr Burns knows that. It is just a further way for him to continue his attack on the club and this thread is blatantly attention seeking.

The irony is Mr Burns now seems to be seen as some enlightened person who came up with a brilliant question rather than the attention seeker he really is.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
That is quite a ridiculous questions to ask a BHA board though isn't it. Quite simply, what difference does it make what other clubs do? We are BHA and the boards opinion of what happened at Blackburn is a total and utter irrelevence.

All i was doing is comparing clubs that weren't doing well and that one had got rid of their manager - we have had it in our own league when clubs that are higher than us have sacked their managers and we do nothing

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
All i was doing is comparing clubs that weren't doing well and that one had got rid of their manager - we have had it in our own league when clubs that are higher than us have sacked their managers and we do nothing

But it is a pointless question to put on Ask the Club and a clear abuse of the point of it so on principle they were clearly right to ban you and I wish they would do it permanently.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
With all due respect, I couldn't care less about DW's PR skills. He was employed to manage a team, which he was doing rather well where it mattered. In fact the only place where it mattered - on the pitch. The players don't like him? Big deal. He got results from them. He needs their respect, not their friendship.

BHA is the SPAZVILLE, not NSC. Spazville is where you get rid of success and replace it with mediocre shiteness.

So I've asked the question.

Buzzer :clap:

I was going to take issue with Mr Bananas post myself, but you did an excellent job first. Being a good manager is not a popularity contest, it's a results contest. I could not give two monkeys bollocks if the players, the PR team, or even the bloody chairman don't like the manager, as long as we compete, and finish somwhere around, ooo, shall we 7th, thats pretty good going for me.

I just wonder, had we got a few more points last season and ended up in the Championship this season, would DW still have got the old heave-ho ?

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Since some people get banned for using "Ask the Club" I thought I would ask here if you think this is a fair question before posting it.............

So is this a fair question to ask, and should it be asked?

Dear Mr Insider

As you probably know from reading this forum, many fans are far from happy with our performance this season, the performance of the manager, and the performance of the team.
Include me out

Things seemed to be moving forward well under Dean Wilkins
Not in the latter half of the season. January transfer window was very disruptive, and the rebuilt team ended the season more failing to get to 6th - which they briefly looked to have in their sights - than getting to 7th.

and obviously comparisons are being made, and the fact that we have brought in a more experienced manager in Micky Adams and appear to be heading backwards, and it would appear sliding uncontrollably towards relegation
Miss-representation - some good performances against teams much higher than us in the table, notably away from home, and negative support from home fans dragging the team backwards (unfortunately beginning to replay like the season before last).

- can you once and for all end all the speculation amongst fans, and explain why the club sacked Dean Wilkins in May?

The club have always claimed to be open and honest with the fans, so why have we not been given the definitive reason for Dean Wilkins' sacking yet?

I think its a fair question, and to be honest if they won't answer this, or if it gets removed and I get another one week ban (that ends tomorrow), then is there any point in having "ask the club"?

Other than in court, what management of any club has ever clearly explained
in public why they have parted with the manager?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I think the decision to get rid of Dean was made in January - Micky left Colchester in January and then Dean started turned results around - couldn't really sack him while we were doing ok and it wasn't until we definatley couldn't go up that Dick said he had been talking to Micky for a week - Well that is a load of bollocks because a friend of ours was playing golf with Micky in March and he knew he was coming back then - this is a perfect example of why the man lies

I would not be surprised in the slightest if your post was correct.

I can only imagine that Dick Knight was a very relieved man, that we failed to secure a play-off place on the last day of the season.

Had we secured that 6th place, and won through the play-offs.........what would Dick Knight have done then...?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
But it is a pointless question to put on Ask the Club and a clear abuse of the point of it so on principle they were clearly right to ban you and I wish they would do it permanently.

Just because some people don't like what i say that is no reason to ban me

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

I'm still not sure what thats trying to achieve though, all clubs have different opinions on managers and what they should and shouldn't be doing and how long they should be hung on for. Why should our club be asked to waste time even thinking of Ince's sacking/any other managers sacking, it means literally nothing to BHA. As someone mentioned above, its just a pathetic abuse of ATC and you were quite rightly banned for it.

Mr Burns question, however, does have the right to be asked and answered.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I would not be surprised in the slightest if your post was correct.

I can only imagine that Dick Knight was a very relieved man, that we failed to secure a play-off place on the last day of the season.

Had we secured that 6th place, and won through the play-offs.........what would Dick Knight have done then...?

Well as he said at the forum he would have gone even if we got promoted

Crazy!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here