Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Cole - Engalnd career over?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
:lolol:

That's gotta be a genuine account as he's misused hashtags like a typical thicko footballer.

"Oh my goodness, and the poor chap didn't even know how to use a hashtag!"

#hashtagsarefortossers

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Irrespective of anything else still the best left back in the world by a country mile, which is what his position for England should be based on.

I assume you didn't watch any game that Spain played at the Euros then?

Jordi Alba was brilliant. Cole certainly isn't 'a country mile' ahead of him anymore.

Also Fabio Contrao (i know ive spelt that wrong) was phenomenal for Portugal.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Absolutely this. Same applies to Crouchy. I mean FFS, if you had Cheryl Cole or Abby Clancy waiting for you at home, why in the name of all things holy would you want to play away?

Unless of course you wanted an intelligent conversation, but I'm guessing that wasn't their reasons :lolol:

Because its offered on a plate and they want a different piece of ass now and again.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Irrespective of anything else still the best left back in the world by a country mile, which is what his position for England should be based on.

Maybe a year or two ago he was up there. Not anymore though.

But it's ok, he's deleted the tweet now. Everything is rosy again

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Jordi Alba was brilliant. Cole certainly isn't 'a country mile' ahead of him anymore.

Yes I did and I still think that AC would be the first choice for any team in the world Barcelona included.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst

True but most importantly he is the best Left Back in England by miles

Dec 29, 2011
People jumping on bandwagon SHOCKER. A few pundits call him the "best LB in the world" and now everyone, coincidently, have the same opinion.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
This whole "Best left back in the world" thing is SO boring and pretty ignorant too. For one thing, you would surely need to have knowledge of all the very best players of that position across the world and whilst we might get to see a lot of them on TV in Champions League games and the like, there are still plenty of world class players we don't see every week on the telly.

And exactly what qualifies Cole as such a world beater anyway? As already mentioned Spain and Barcelona's Jordi Alba is exceptional, and still only 23. Fabio Coentrao is Real Madrid and Portugal's first choice with good reason. And there are several Italians who you could argue for too.

A good player, yes. But why is this best in the world thing so often dragged up? It's a bit insulting to be honest

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This whole "Best left back in the world" thing is SO boring and pretty ignorant too. For one thing, you would surely need to have knowledge of all the very best players of that position across the world and whilst we might get to see a lot of them on TV in Champions League games and the like, there are still plenty of world class players we don't see every week on the telly.

And exactly what qualifies Cole as such a world beater anyway? As already mentioned Spain and Barcelona's Jordi Alba is exceptional, and still only 23. Fabio Coentrao is Real Madrid and Portugal's first choice with good reason. And there are several Italians who you could argue for too.

A good player, yes. But why is this best in the world thing so often dragged up? It's a bit insulting to be honest

Totally agree with this. If someone on here said WB is the best LB in the NPC then that statement would have some credibility as they've probably seen a good deal of WB, Painter and the other 23 teams' LBs in the division.
I doubt they've seen every LB in the world so their opinion of Cashley is arrogant, lazy, biased and ignorant.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Best left back or not, I am sure that I would not be able to get away with abusing effectively my employers over the social network. Just because he can kick a ball pretty well does not excuse this

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
he is a wanker end of...

and he's a closet :safeway:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

You must be one of those Albion purists who only watches football matches that involve the Albion. Either that or you need some new glasses Grandad.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Decent footballer, yep. Best in the world? I'm sure arguments can be made, though best 'by a country mile' is frankly laughable.

Without having ever met the guy, I can't comment on his character with any certainty. What I can say is that everything I have seen of him, heard about him and read about him leads me to believe he is an utter, barnstorming bell-end of the highest order.

Would England have a weaker squad without him? Yes. Would we win anything with him in the squad anyway? Unlikely.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The rate things are going I might well be able to support England again. If only Rooney would also go then it could well be on the cards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here