Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think the point being made is that over the course of the season, people have rated Barnes as the second worst player of the regular starters?

But you are ignoring that fact that he is a REGULAR starter, because if you look at the other striking options, we have ratings of

Hart 5.50
Sandaza 5.78
Holroyd 5.62

If you also think that a 0.01 difference between Wood and Barnes is significant them you are a bigger fool than you already appear to be.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Murray 7.40
ELphick 7.03
Bennett 6.99
Bridcutt 6.97
El Abd 6.93
Kishishev 6.80
Greer 6.77
Painter 6.70
Dicker 6.58
Noone 6.52
Ankergren6.51
Calderon 6.40
Wood 6.35
Barnes 6.34
Sparrow 6.04

I can read (and also spell) Mr B, I don't need you to get out your colouring book :thumbsup:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I think you lost credibility in relation to a serious discussion of a player's attributes when you asserted that your ten year old could have put away two chances at Tranmere despite not being at the match or seeing the chances.

But they (not that I have a 10 year old) would have? :shrug:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
And where have I said he is not up to wearing the stripes or a coward?
That was me. I said he cowardly challenges for the ball (or something like that) but I could have easily have said weakly, pathethicly, and he would have said I called him pathethic or weak in each of his replies. I did explain it in more detail a hundred posts ago, but you know some people, they dont like to let things go when they get a bee in their bonnet:safeway2:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
But you are ignoring that fact that he is a REGULAR starter, because if you look at the other striking options, we have ratings of

Hart 5.50
Sandaza 5.78
Holroyd 5.62

If you also think that a 0.01 difference between Wood and Barnes is significant them you are a bigger fool than you already appear to be.

I certainly don't think Wood is a good player, but that is an entirely different topic (he is also lightweight, awful at challenging for it given his size)

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
How? By backing up his dislike of a player with NSC player ratings? You're obviously even more stupid than you appear.
See this is where posters like you get things mixed up. I dont dislike him as I've said many times before, I dont know him to dislike. I DO NOT RATE HIM. there is a difference. But the point is it appears a lot of NSC dont either if you go by the ratings over the season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That was me. I said he cowardly challenges for the ball (or something like that) but I could have easily have said weakly, pathethicly, and he would have said I called him pathethic or weak in each of his replies. I did explain it in more detail a hundred posts ago, but you know some people, they dont like to let things go when they get a bee in their bonnet:safeway2:

You still have not explained by what you mean by 'not good enough to wear the stripes'

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
See this is where posters like you get things mixed up. I dont dislike him as I've said many times before, I dont know him to dislike. I DO NOT RATE HIM. there is a difference. But the point is it appears a lot of NSC dont either if you go by the ratings over the season.

But that is where I think you are wrong, I broadly agree with the ratings, but that is not the same as saying 'not good enough to wear the stripes', because 18 goals suggests that he is good enough to wear them this season .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Murray 7.40
ELphick 7.03
Bennett 6.99
Bridcutt 6.97
El Abd 6.93
Kishishev 6.80
Greer 6.77
Painter 6.70
Dicker 6.58
Noone 6.52
Ankergren6.51
Calderon 6.40
Wood 6.35
Barnes 6.34
Sparrow 6.04

You don't do irony do you Mr B?

Mr Burns said:
Before you quote stats, don't.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Funny thing is, he did make challenges in a very lethargic manner, he's improved greatly but it was accurate when the post was made, so goodness knows why this thread is getting bounced.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Funny thing is, he did make challenges in a very lethargic manner, he's improved greatly but it was accurate when the post was made, so goodness knows why this thread is getting bounced.

I agree with you that he is poor in the air when going for high balls against centre halves, I think he is a lot better when pulling off defenders and finishing.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
But that is where I think you are wrong, I broadly agree with the ratings, but that is not the same as saying 'not good enough to wear the stripes', because 18 goals suggests that he is good enough to wear them this season .
I see a bit of a climb down here. Make sure the ladder is firmly fixed to the ground. Wouldn't want you to fall. Your trying to turn it into a legal argument now. I think I've explianed enough already, as you are well aware what I mean when I say hes not good enough for the current side. IMO he is the weak link. When he starts I think he is the poorest player in the side. As others agree..... almost

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I agree with you that he is poor in the air when going for high balls against centre halves, I think he is a lot better when pulling off defenders and finishing.

Just out of interest then, where have I said he is bad at that?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Explain why you think that. What makes you think he is poor in the air. Becuase judging by your commetns on this page alone, it would appear you actually agree in kind with my assement of Barnes, just you dont like the nasty whasty way I said it.

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I think he's getting backed into a corner and getting confused. Careful because he will start trying to tie you up with words, or pick holes in your spelling shortly

No, he'll just comment on the lack of an R in my username and go off in a hump, it happens a lot :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here