Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Without wanting to waste my evening trawling through this binfest of a thread, is this really our player ratings for the season that we have WON THE LEAGUE by f***ing MILES! Our second top scorer, PFA team of the year RB and goalie who has kept 20 clean sheets have averages around 6.5? Miserable (unts aren't we

Murray 7.40
ELphick 7.03
Bennett 6.99
Bridcutt 6.97
El Abd 6.93
Kishishev 6.80
Greer 6.77
Painter 6.70
Dicker 6.58
Noone 6.52
Ankergren6.51
Calderon 6.40
Wood 6.35
Barnes 6.34
Sparrow 6.04

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
TO be fair Mr B, when you start a thread 'don't quote statistics at me', and then use statistics to back up your viewpoint, it does sort of weaken yours too.
Now your (mis-spelt on purpose to give you an "out") repeating yourself. I dont think you have anything further to add to this argument, as deep down I think you agree with me, but just dont like the way I come across. I'm obviosuly far to common for the likes of you. TO quote me

Oh believe me, I am fully aware of that quote. But as 99.9% of the arguments against my view quote stats against me, all I can say really is BOLLOCKS

in case you missed it first time. If most others have choosen to use stats as the main point of there argument, I'll say it for you again, BOLLOCKS why shouldn't I. I would except only the sadest of the sadest to use that against me after all whats been said on here. What sort of weaken your viewpoint tonight kind sir is your replies :p:lolol:

I go back to me cave now mister, as I wouldn't want you to dirty your eyes lookin at the likes on me govenor.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Without wanting to waste my evening trawling through this binfest of a thread, is this really our player ratings for the season that we have WON THE LEAGUE by f***ing MILES! Our second top scorer, PFA team of the year RB and goalie who has kept 20 clean sheets have averages around 6.5? Miserable (unts aren't we

Murray 7.40
ELphick 7.03
Bennett 6.99
Bridcutt 6.97
El Abd 6.93
Kishishev 6.80
Greer 6.77
Painter 6.70
Dicker 6.58
Noone 6.52
Ankergren6.51
Calderon 6.40
Wood 6.35
Barnes 6.34
Sparrow 6.04
Yes you are.

But thanks for bouncing those stats again. I get told off if I use them

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Explain why you think that. What makes you think he is poor in the air. Becuase judging by your commetns on this page alone, it would appear you actually agree in kind with my assement of Barnes, just you dont like the nasty whasty way I said it.

I think he is poor in the air because he loses the majority of high balls he jumps for against centre halves when competing for kicks from the keeper. This is from watching him this and last season.

Glenn Murray wins the majority of similar balls.

I think Barnes is much better when it comes to crosses and finishing, but again not as good as Glenn. This is not particularly surprising though.

I still think Barnes is excellent value, and do not agree with your assessment of Barnes as a Conference player.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
This is where you need to stop being so pedantic to try and get one over him, it was just a joke.
Don't!! He only disagrees with me now on the standard...... even though I said that in January, and since then and including today rate him as a average league one player... at best. Those stats supplied by Acker, seems to have mellowed him out a bit:lol: Best not to prod him with a stick:lol: He might have another hissey fit..... (waits for the obvious reply!)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Don't!! He only disagrees with me now on the standard...... even though I said that in January, and since then and including today rate him as a average league one player... at best. Those stats supplied by Acker, seems to have mellowed him out a bit:lol: Best not to prod him with a stick:lol: He might have another hissey fit..... (waits for the obvious reply!)

Fair enough, if you think he improved by two divisions in the space of three months I'm not going to disagree with you.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
THis is sort of interesting quote from another thread, I've just tidied the order up and remove those who have only made a few apparances. (unless of course I'm being set upand have just walked into a trap.

But whilst some on here can see no further than 18 goals, (and judging on the last few replies this seems to be the case) those 18 goals dont seem to have gone to far with the majority of NSCs who like to rate the players:p: So maybe its not just me:ohmy:

Murray 7.40
ELphick 7.03
Bennett 6.99
Bridcutt 6.97
El Abd 6.93
Kishishev 6.80
Greer 6.77
Painter 6.70
Dicker 6.58
Noone 6.52
Ankergren6.51
Calderon 6.40
Wood 6.35
Barnes 6.34
Sparrow 6.04

Up to Saturday (am giving everyone a chance to contribute to today's game ratings before adding it in, and oldham away didn't get rated by anyone), the current ratings are:

7.50 Murray (41 appearances)
7.23 Lualua (11 apps)
7.14 Bridcutt (33 apps)
7.06 Bennett (42 apps)
7.00 El Abd (36 apps)
6.97 Elphick (23 apps)
6.94 Dunk (3 apps)
6.92 Noone (19 apps)
6.92 Kishishev (31 apps)
6.82 Greer (29 apps)
6.81 Painter (42 apps)
6.74 Taricco (4 apps)
6.74 Baz (7 apps)
6.73 Ankergren (42 apps)
6.63 Dicker (42 apps)
6.61 Calderon (39 apps)
6.51 Smith (8 apps)
6.41 Barnes (37 apps)
6.32 Wood (25 apps)
6.24 Sparrow (24 apps)
5.89 Battipiedi (8 apps)
5.62 Holroyd (3 apps)
5.56 Navarro (2 apps)
5.50 Hart (2 apps)
5.47 Sandaza (15 apps)

It should be noted that there is a degree of unreliability with these:
-They can be quite swayed by bias both in the form of higher when we win and lower when we lose, regardless of performances,
-and in the sense that there are people who allow personal preference to interfere with their votes, they rate a favourite player's "average" performance higher than their lesser favoured players "great" performances.
-Not to mention, they are voted for by anyone who contributes, without any balance given to the more measured, or those people who are more knowledgeable.
-Some people give votes to sub, others not, some depending on how long they are on the pitch
-one person's 5 is another's 6.5 etc.

I hope averaging them out reduces some of these biases, but can't guarantee anything, I've only used simply calculations.

The season averages are achieved by:
Averaging (mean) the ratings for each player in each match to get an average match rating
Then averaging out all the match ratings.

Last edited:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Up to Saturday (am giving everyone a chance to contribute to today's game ratings before adding it in, and oldham away didn't get rated by anyone), the current ratings are:

7.50 Murray (41 appearances)
7.23 Lualua (11 apps)
7.14 Bridcutt (33 apps)
7.06 Bennett (42 apps)
7.00 El Abd (36 apps)
6.97 Elphick (23 apps)
6.94 Dunk (3 apps)
6.92 Noone (19 apps)
6.92 Kishishev (31 apps)
6.82 Greer (29 apps)
6.81 Painter (42 apps)
6.74 Taricco (4 apps)
6.74 Baz (7 apps)
6.73 Ankergren (42 apps)
6.63 Dicker (42 apps)
6.61 Calderon (39 apps)
6.51 Smith (8 apps)
6.41 Barnes (37 apps)
6.32 Wood (25 apps)
6.24 Sparrow (24 apps)
5.89 Battipiedi (8 apps)
5.62 Holroyd (3 apps)
5.56 Navarro (2 apps)
5.50 Hart (2 apps)
5.47 Sandaza (15 apps)

It should be noted that there is a degree of unreliability with these:
-They can be quite swayed by bias both in the form of higher when we win and lower when we lose, regardless of performances,
-and in the sense that there are people who allow personal preference to interfere with their votes, they rate a favourite player's "average" performance higher than their lesser favoured players "great" performances.
-Not to mention, they are voted for by anyone who contributes, without any balance given to the more measured, or those people who are more knowledgeable.
-Some people give votes to sub, others not, some depending on how long they are on the pitch

I hope averaging them out reduces some of these biases, but can't guarantee anything, I've only used simply calculations.

Averaging (mean) the ratings for each player in each match to get an average match rating

So if I understand this correctly, Barnes has been average overall. As your average B&HAFC player goes he's been average.

For what it's worth I think the lad ( he is a lad due to his age ) has been great. When was the last time we had a player who scored 18 goals in a season as our secondary striker? (& still he gets slated by some "supporters") He is young & developing, he has room to improve which in itself is great because this means there is more to come from him.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Up to Saturday (am giving everyone a chance to contribute to today's game ratings before adding it in, and oldham away didn't get rated by anyone), the current ratings are:t should be noted that there is a degree of unreliability with these:

You seriously need to find yourself a hobby!! :lol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
*cough*

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Same old suspects bouncing this over and over, they seem to be missing the point.

That said, just imagine what he could do if he opened his eyes occasionally!

0,,10433~9630909,00.jpg

0,,10433~9630913,00.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He's so great he can play a one-two off the goalkeeper. Easy.

[yt]w6uP3VPN_8A[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here