Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Same old suspects bouncing this over and over, they seem to be missing the point.

That said, just imagine what he could do if he opened his eyes occasionally!

0,,10433~9630909,00.jpg

0,,10433~9630913,00.jpg
He'd be a great player. But he can't and he won't. So much of what I said about him was there to see today. Seriosuly if they were at the game, they'd have been embarrased to bounced this thread.

Hell the only reason I came on here tonight was to bounce it myself he was that poor!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Murray 7.40
ELphick 7.03
Bennett 6.99
Bridcutt 6.97
El Abd 6.93
Kishishev 6.80
Greer 6.77
Painter 6.70
Dicker 6.58
Noone 6.52
Ankergren6.51
Calderon 6.40
Wood 6.35
Barnes 6.34
Sparrow 6.04

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Barnes was great today, again.
Despite us missing Murray, and with the plank Wood.

Barnes has a great touch, inter-play with Bennett & Co, is tenacious, still young and learning all the time.
And he finds the back of the net.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He was disappointing. He looks a player with no confidence at the moment. Good movement, but no confidence in front of goal. Respect to him for stepping forward to take the penalty - and for reacting well. But today was not a performance to merit bumping this thread. We are going to get fewer chances in the championship.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Barnes was great today, again.
Despite us missing Murray, and with the plank Wood.

Barnes has a great touch, inter-play with Bennett & Co, is tenacious, still young and learning all the time.
And he finds the back of the net.
Really? He played a great ball through for Bennet for the penalty, but other than that was very wasteful. But hay ho, each to there own. Only one more game to go......

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Barnes had a decent game today. Wouldn't say he was great but he certainly wasn't awful.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
He was disappointing. He looks a player with no confidence at the moment. Good movement, but no confidence in front of goal. Respect to him for stepping forward to take the penalty - and for reacting well. But today was not a performance to merit bumping this thread. We are going to get fewer chances in the championship.
Exactly. Nail. Head.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yer. Cough Cough. If you was at the game today, you'd see why I say what I say about him. Wasted so much. f***ing awful today, but hay ho, scored a goal so that all the matters ah. Just f*** god we will be buying a couple of proper strikers for next season.

If you think he was awful today, it goes to show how little you know. He had a good game today and made the defence work really hard. Sad that people like you would rather gloat about a couple of missed chances than actually look at his all round game.

By the way, one of those chances you show a photo of was a difficult chance when the ball wouldn't come down for him and he did really well to get any shot in but don't let facts get in the way of your argument.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Barnes had a decent game today. Wouldn't say he was great but he certainly wasn't awful.
I really wish we could play this season again on a simulator, and replace Barnes for a better than average league one striker, and see the difference. We have badly lacked strikers this season, and today sums him up for me. Very wasteful, got a goal, so everyone loves him.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
If you think he was awful today, it goes to show how little you know. He had a good game today and made the defence work really hard. Sad that people like you would rather gloat about a couple of missed chances than actually look at his all round game.

By the way, one of those chances you show a photo of was a difficult chance when the ball wouldn't come down for him and he did really well to get any shot in but don't let facts get in the way of your argument.
What makes you so high an mighty, that whenever somene doesn't agree with you they don't know anything. I'm not gloating dickhead, I never bounced the thread. And I never showed the photos.... but don't let facts get in the way of your argument.:tosser:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Not that I agree with your original analysis of Barnes. He is young and improving. We need to keep faith.
Well I dont think we do need to keep the faith. From the info I'm getting, I dont think Barnes will get near the front side next season. And if Gus and Bloom are serious about pushing on to the premiership, I totally beleive he wont get close to the starting line up. He'll be Sandaza/Holroyd position next season....

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Not that I agree with your original analysis of Barnes. He is young and improving. We need to keep faith.
I was talking about today. But thats one of my piints, he scores a goal and everyone bums him up. People come on here without being at the game within second to bounce the thread, without seeing his game. To them hes great because he scores a goal, but in my view with a better than average league one striker playing, we would have won the last two games.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What makes you so high an mighty, that whenever somene doesn't agree with you they don't know anything. I'm not gloating dickhead, I never bounced the thread. And I never showed the photos.... but don't let facts get in the way of your argument.:tosser:

I just think it is ironic that you said earlier in the thread that some people would ignore his faults today because he scored when you seem to ignore all the good things he did because he missed a couple of chances (which he was not alone in by the way). I have no problem with people disagreeing with me or constructively criticising players. Most people on here regard Barnes as a good young player who is improving but also has faults, which I agree with. I don't understand the need for the over the top criticism that you and a couple of others have given him (it genuinely does seem as if you have a problem with him personally).

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Today he played well and missed one glaring chance and a couple of other presentable ones.

Hate to roll out the cliches but, well, he is still young. The qualities he's got are things that are hard to teach, whereas improving finishing is doable. That's why Gus rates him.

(maybe)

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Seems to be finding the back of the net recently even if he does waste a few chances. It's true we need better strikers now but I think he'll improve especially if he's eased into games instead of being thrown in at the deep end

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here