Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
tbh I think Hurstpierpoint is just a windup merchant.

Barnes isn't fit to lick Craig Davies shoe?? :lol:

I don't know what's supposed to be wrong with his attitude. He works hard and he's improved hugely over his short time here. He's a bit stroppy and gets too wound up sometimes but it's a minor issue.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
To be a WUM, one needs some intelligence. Have you spotted the flaw in your explanation yet? :lol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Having read Barnes' comments this morning in the Argus about strikers in the Championship having to put away chances, i was a little disappointed that he fluffed the first three before finally solidly striking the last one in. I like the lad and am pleased he gets himself into dangerous positions (a box-area ball-magnet (fnar) is a plus for any team), but he will have to big up his game a bit to look to make it in the division above. He'll definitely be in the squad, but i'd like him to have that clinical edge i thought i saw in him last season on loan that should make him undroppable. Experience will hopefully bring that to him.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The short?

look at your keyboard, look at the T button then look at the buttons around it... it was a typo. As for being lightweight, I've seen plenty of his goals and the rest of his play and I will maintain that he is lightweight.

Davies is still better.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Give me the short about 5 frames before that then we'll talk.

Here you go...

SDC10485.jpg

SDC10486.jpg

SDC10487.jpg

SDC10488.jpg

SDC10489.jpg

SDC10490.jpg

SDC10491.jpg

SDC10492.jpg

SDC10493.jpg

Never more than 10 feet from an opponent. I'd argue he's never more than 8 feet from one.

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
look at your keyboard, look at the T button then look at the buttons around it... it was a typo. As for being lightweight, I've seen plenty of his goals and the rest of his play and I will maintain that he is lightweight.

Davies is still better.

For Brighton in League 1:

Craig Davies - Apps 21, Goals 1
Ashley Barnes - Apps 48, Goals 22

This seasons (starts):

Craig Davies - 38, Goals 22 (a goals every 1.72 games in league 2)
Ashley Barnes - 30, Goals 18 (a goal every 1.66 games in league 1)

So what, Davies is improving with age in League 2 and is 26. Barnes is also improving with age in League 1 and is 22. Barnes is better. If not Davies would still be in League 1 and Barnes would not be playing for us.

But lets not let facts get in the way...

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Also, have you seen the defending in League Two? Like, watched The Football League Show?? I don't even want Le Fondre, I don't want any striker based solely on goals in that division, based on the space they have.

Some people don't like Ashley Barnes, for whatever inane reason. His finishing and overall play can be a bit rough round the edges, maybe that's it? But for his first full season, to be on 18 goals (when the majority here were moaning about not having the golden "20 goal a season striker"..), you gotta take your hat off to him.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Is this debate still going on? 18 goals and 16 in the league should speak for itself. Of course he is good enough.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
3258029366_097c263e48.jpg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So he scored a goal because he was completely unmarked? How does that disprove my accusation that he is lightweight or the fact he has a shit attitude?

Remember folks, this is the complete SPACKTARD who started a thread 'Barnes could not score in a brothel' after the Tranmere away game, when he accused Barnes of missing two sitters that his six year old/grannie ( I can't be arsed to find the original quote) would score, despite being 250 miles away from the match when it happened.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Remember folks, this is the complete SPACKTARD who started a thread 'Barnes could not score in a brothel' after the Tranmere away game, when he accused Barnes of missing two sitters that his six year old/grannie ( I can't be arsed to find the original quote) would score, despite being 250 miles away from the match when it happened.

10 year old.

2 clear cut open goals from 6 yards, the sort of thing your 10 year old son would put away with ease and both have gone sailing over the bar? Anything the lickers would like to say? If we lose from here questions have to be asked.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Is this debate still going on? 18 goals and 16 in the league should speak for itself. Of course he is good enough.

TBH, it's not been a debate for ages - Barnesy himself has more than seen to that - but more a fine ongoing bit of GOON-bating, in the best tradition of the Victorian lunatic asylum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here