Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - I should never have doubted him

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Glad to see this thread. Barnes was one of our best performers last season and always put the effort in. Looking forward to what he can bring to the team this season, as he now has a season of championship football under his belt. He can only get better and is still young.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes you're right, to many players who aren't up to this level so kept it quite.

Such as Lewis Dunk? Signed 09/03/12 - nothing on the official website I can see.
Such as Liam Bridcutt? Signed 20/02/12 - nothing on official website I can see.
(according to TheFA.com - Player Registrations)

Noone's was announced because Cardiff were sniffing around. Elphick's was announced because he was out injured.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
If Barnes is so great then why hasn't poyet offered him a new contract as he's in his last year? I think if poyet gets his Cf then Barnes is a bench warmer.

There are loads of our players whose contract expire in 2013. He is one of them.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Not with the vitriol of the crowd at the Amex I bet though. I also suspect you get criticised by people who are more qualified than yourself or at least know what it is you are supposed to be doing.
Although I fell very sorry for you if you make a mistake and around 10k people all start shouting "you are shit", "f*** off and die", "get of the pitch you usless wanker" and other such intelligent remarks.

Have you really heard comments like that shouted at him? I can honestly say I have heard nothing like that.
What stand are you in?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There are loads of our players whose contract expire in 2013. He is one of them.

I indeed:

The Argus has revealed that several members of the League One Championship winning squad were awarded extensions to their contracts which were not publicised.

Talks have started with the players not in Poyets plans for next season.

Poyet told the Argus: "There are going to be players that are going to have to find a place elsewhere because they are not going to be part of things.

"Now the manager knows very well the players he wants for next year it's as simple as that.

Shamir Goodwin has been awarded a professional contract.

Poyet expects to sign up to six new players in the summer

Out of Contract this season:

Alan Navarro
Vicente

Out of Contract 2013

Casper Ankergren
Ashley Barnes
Roland Bergkamp
Peter Brezovan
Liam Bridcutt
Gary Dicker
Lewis Dunk
Adam El-Abd
Tommy Elphick
Gordon Greer
Will Hoskins
Marcos Painter
Michael Poke
Matt Sparrow
Romain Vincelot

Will Buckley
Inigo Calderon
Ryan Harley
Kazenga LuaLua

Craig Mackhail-Smith
Craig Noone

Unpublicised extensions to contracts revealed by the Argus

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Not with the vitriol of the crowd at the Amex I bet though. I also suspect you get criticised by people who are more qualified than yourself or at least know what it is you are supposed to be doing.
Although I fell very sorry for you if you make a mistake and around 10k people all start shouting "you are shit", "f*** off and die", "get of the pitch you usless wanker" and other such intelligent remarks.

If I'm honest, if I made a mistake at work and someone bellowed at me "YOU'RE FCUKING USELESS" in the way that i've heard morons at a game, I would probably knock their head off.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Have you really heard comments like that shouted at him? I can honestly say I have heard nothing like that.
What stand are you in?

I have heard people shout that a lot.. and I sit in the East.... the RESPECT stand????

Jul 13, 2012

No need to take things to the extreme and Don't start lieing about the abuse he receives. dieing? f***ing bullshit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No need to take things to the extreme and Don't start lieing about the abuse he receives. dieing? f***ing bullshit.

At least 2 other posters have heard the same as Plooks. Are you going to accuse them of lying too? For the record, so have I.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Their bullshitting, jumping on the bandwagon and so are you.
funny-pictures-beaver-cant-hear-you.jpg

Jul 13, 2012
And there is no way stewards would allow anyone to wish any of our payers to die so get a f***ing grip and stop all this bullshit on here.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
And there is no way stewards would allow anyone to wish any of our payers to die so get a f***ing grip and stop all this bullshit on here.

Most of the bullshit that I've read on this thread has come from you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here