Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - I should never have doubted him

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Happens pretty much every match in the WSU.

At least 3 people in the row behind me, and about 5 more in the few rows infront take every available opportunity to slag him off. Lucky we're over 50 metres away!

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Top scorer, loads of assists. One of the few on the same wavelength of Vicente. Nothing has changed.

He did well last year yes , but if you read what i said , i am more confident in him now than last year , you may have your own opinions , but these are mine and you ain't going to change it , i have not seem much this of him this year but heard reports , and watched the Chelsea game and agree with the majority , he has improved , get a grip man !

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
I always liked barnes - number one his movement which has always been excellent, number two his abilty to link play which in the league one title season was key to our success, his ability to get into goal scoring positions and to score goals and then the willingness when he misses open goals, penalties etc etc to take responsiibility and go again and often score after missing a horror chance, e.g. witness Oldham game that took us top of the table at home and his equaliser. Lastly he also got important goals for us in the promotion/title season.

I can understand an Ashley Barnes being star struck in championship, and i think he may have been a little but by end of last season he was doing more than ok, and he always worked his socks off last season (in reality that is working off the ball rather than chasing after it trying to run full backs down).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I always liked barnes - number one his movement which has always been excellent, number two his abilty to link play which in the league one title season was key to our success, his ability to get into goal scoring positions and to score goals and then the willingness when he misses open goals, penalties etc etc to take responsiibility and go again and often score after missing a horror chance, e.g. witness Oldham game that took us top of the table at home and his equaliser. Lastly he also got important goals for us in the promotion/title season.

I can understand an Ashley Barnes being star struck in championship, and i think he may have been a little but by end of last season he was doing more than ok, and he always worked his socks off last season (in reality that is working off the ball rather than chasing after it trying to run full backs down).

Barnes was in the Championship with Plymouth when we had him on loan so he'd played there before.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
I've been a bit of a critic if Barnes last season, manly out of disappointment because i think he underachieved, a lot.
On Saturday he was a 20+ goal a season striker. I've not seen him work so hard in the first half for a very long time and i was delighted and really hope that they've fixed the holes in his game and he achieves the success he deserves this season.
I may even get a Barnes shirt, if he delivers

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Never doubted our Barnes. Played great 2010/2011. Played out of position 2011/2012 and still top goal scorer. Great pre-season so far and hopefully we can keep him up front for this upcoming season and help him reach his full potential. The fans make all the difference to a player on the field.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here