Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes can hear the murmurings of disquiet from the crowd!

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So his contract runs out this summer? And Gus will be asking him to sign an extension for a great club where he's loved by the fans - oops, some of the fans. So the whingers are increasing the chances of him saying no. Great, thanks guys.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I think most people are just a tad confused why he is never taken off ?, Gus always pulls off the same people and I cant ever remember Barnes being taken off. Also some games he has played so bad and stayed on, Ipswich was a great example, he was appalling all game (even he admitted that), but stayed on and scored 2 goals, Gus mastermind, or a bit lucky. He is not bad for a player that is not particulary good at anything (apart from pens), but to be honest not that bad at anything either. Think also some people and me included, think it is a bit strange that he plays when you have Lua Lua, Noone, Buckley, Vicente etc on the bench sometimes and in the opinion of loads, they have more to offer. Basically if Gus thinks he is doing well and helping the team, then we accept that, but not sure his goal scoring record is that good if you take out the pens and the the fact that he plays 90 mins each week. I often moan to myself about him, but he cant hear me from the West Stand, but hope he proves me wrong and becomes a Brighton great, as Al-Ebd did a couple of season ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here