Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes can hear the murmurings of disquiet from the crowd!

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just have to go with the flow on this one.

The obnoxious moaners will not shut up, without a smack in the gob and it really isn't worth it
Ash doesn't seem bothered and it isn't affecting his game.
They will soon find another figure to deride anyway - remember when El-Abd wasn't good enough to get in a pub side at a similar age ?
Some of the moaners are already transferring to Navarro - who is currently enjoying a great run of form, from where I sit.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Ash may not be our best player but he works his bollocks off for the team and always tries 100%.I have, and always will, back ANY player who pulls on a Brighton shirt for every second they are on the pitch.Booing,slagging off your own players is totally wrong on every level.Go Ashley,score a hat-trick tonight to shut the fuckwits up!

I LOVE Barnes. Such a good prospect and can't believe he's ours. Sure there's areas of his game that he'd look to improve but that's true of any of our players. The lad has got real nouse and intelligence. I love a player like that.

Keep up the quite frankly stirling work Ashley!

these :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's fairly simple - the fuckwits have now given up abusing El Abd, so they are looking for another young up and coming player to prove them wrong :shootself

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Timmy started a thread saying Vicente was fit just not being picked, Andy Naylor reported Taricco told him Vicente had suffered a set back. So, I am going to assume this means ashley can't hear the sniping.

D

Deleted User X18H

Timmy started a thread saying Vicente was fit just not being picked, Andy Naylor reported Taricco told him Vicente had suffered a set back. So, I am going to assume this means ashley can't hear the sniping.

In the open press conference Tano said he was training to get fit. No mention of an injury.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Ash doesn't seem bothered and it isn't affecting his game.
From what I know of Ash, he does care, he's just a model professional (how Gus likes them) in keeping focussed on the job he is given.

Maybe if everyone really got behind him he'd be even better? Sadly, we may never know.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Apologies if I suggested AB doesn't care and yes I have no idea if he does or does not.

I do know he is regularly impressing his manager and many genuine Brighton fans.

Nothing against anyone who disagrees with that, up until the point they stop supporting the team and start mouthing off. At which point I would rather they went and found something else to do with their pointless lives.

D

Deleted User X18H

Actually I asked Gus re Vicente post match. He is now fit and available for Saturday

And what about Barnesy!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'll walk a million miles for one of yer goals ... Ashley

Better tell Harry that Barnsey is up for the England squad. Not really Austrain at all. I bet he cannot even speak Austrian :lol:

Good job we got rid of Glenn Murray !

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Don't give a shit if he can hear them as long as he keeps silencing them like that

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He's young, come up a division or two, scores goals, works hard and is a really good prospect. I can think of premiership players on our books whose distribution this week has been woeful. Barnes deserves encouragement, and not the sort of abuse that he is getting from a few mindless idiots on here and around the ground. These peple cannot be classed as supporters, because supporters do what it says on the tin!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
He's young, come up a division or two, scores goals, works hard and is a really good prospect. I can think of premiership players on our books whose distribution this week has been woeful. Barnes deserves encouragement, and not the sort of abuse that he is getting from a few mindless idiots on here and around the ground. These peple cannot be classed as supporters, because supporters do what it says on the tin!
Absolutely, all of this. Let's make sure we all support all our players tomorrow - it makes a difference ffs

From what I know of Ash, he does care, he's just a model professional (how Gus likes them) in keeping focussed on the job he is given.

Maybe if everyone really got behind him he'd be even better? Sadly, we may never know.

Who knows, maybe the criticism drives him to shove it down their throats....practically every game.
If that's the case, maybe Gus should ask the crowd to keep moaning at him :wink:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What makes a Special Player?

Will Ashley Barnes get his own TV documentary? ITV4 now 7:00 pm Friday instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here