Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article For All The Rentaquote Lefties On Here

Oct 25, 2003
perhaps if they improved the pay and conditions of nurses which have been criminally ignored by both tory and labour administrations then more people would be attracted to the profession and obviously staff retention would be greater, also i know for a fact that there is huge waste within the nhs , perhaps if some of that were cut it could be used more effectively ?

correct

too much money in middle management in my view

I am in total agreement with you there, speak with most people in the NHS and they complain about the amount of beuracracy, cut some of that out and we would probably be heading in the right direction.

It sounds straightforward, but it is anything but. Large organisations require a high degree of management. Just look at the burgeoning bureaucracy of TfL, which has expanded rapidly in recent years. Of course we would like to cut down on the amount of waste in public services but it needs to be carefully and directly driven, not 'let's get rid of some managers, we have too many'.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
and you are revealing yourself as a middle class fuckwit who has never had to live in the midst of large immigrant community, if i thought i was in any way racially superior to people of a different colour to me then i would be a nazi but i dont , i just know that people from vastly different cultural backgrounds dont mix well i know this for a fact , and dont try quoting any " i used to live in brixton/hackney/peckham" shit to me , middle class wankers doing the isnt it trendy to to live in this ethnically diverse vibrant community bollocks and then scuttling back to their leafy white (relatively) crime free areas just doesnt cut it

What are you talking about? I have never lived in Brixton or the other places you mentioned in my life and never claimed to have. Nor do I come from a "leafy Suburb".

I am sorry that you don't like other races but that is your problem and not mine so don't throw your toys out of your pram. Please do vote for the BNP. It is a good thing that people like you are encouraged to waste your vote.

As NSC punters will know, I live in as an ethnically diverse area, which is equalled but not surpassed in this world.

We have for instance, the largest Jewish community outside Israel, the largest Kurdish community outside "Kurdistan, UK biggest Turkish Population, plus the usual over 100 languages spoken.

My kids go to nurseries and schools, where overwhlemingly they are a minority, do I care? No, as long as their school and nursery provides great services and education to all.

I get a feeling - that the communities get on. Go to the Ridley Road market - its a great exciting place, go to the Turkish Food Centre and its packed will all nationalities.

Of course, its not all roses, some of the Somali's are fruit loops, some of the Political Kurds have issues with the Turks, some of the Political (anarchist/ Communist) turks have issues with the turks.

But is is certainly a vibrant area - if not poor area, which brings us all together.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It sounds straightforward, but it is anything but. Large organisations require a high degree of management. Just look at the burgeoning bureaucracy of TfL, which has expanded rapidly in recent years. Of course we would like to cut down on the amount of waste in public services but it needs to be carefully and directly driven, not 'let's get rid of some managers, we have too many'.

I know my point may be a little simplistic, but the main criticisms I have heard are that the managers have never been doctors or nurses, they have little real understanding of the issues being faced on hospital wards.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It's all a load of bullshit. Black people aren't even black, they are usually a shade of brown. This in my book makes them liars and means they can't be trusted.

I know my point may be a little simplistic, but the main criticisms I have heard are that the managers have never been doctors or nurses, they have little real understanding of the issues being faced on hospital wards.

It's the way a lot of public sector 'management' is going as well. Many headteachers (or certainly an increasing amount) are not 'teachers' but in fact managers; schools are looking to attract businessmen/women, not people who have had experience teaching in schools. While I appreciate that this means that they may not understand all of the micro issues that occur, at the same time this can be a benefit; they do not get caught up in small issues, and are able to look at the 'bigger picture'. To be honest, I'm undecided as to whether it's a good or a bad thing; I think it's probably good, but only if you get it in the correct proportions... and I would agree, certainly with hospitals (I have a friend who is one of the non-medical managers that you mention), there are too many people without the relevant experience.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
As NSC punters will know, I live in as an ethnically diverse area, which is equalled but not surpassed in this world.

We have for instance, the largest Jewish community outside Israel, the largest Kurdish community outside "Kurdistan, UK biggest Turkish Population, plus the usual over 100 languages spoken.

My kids go to nurseries and schools, where overwhlemingly they are a minority, do I care? No, as long as their school and nursery provides great services and education to all.

I get a feeling - that the communities get on. Go to the Ridley Road market - its a great exciting place, go to the Turkish Food Centre and its packed will all nationalities.

Of course, its not all roses, some of the Somali's are fruit loops, some of the Political Kurds have issues with the Turks, some of the Political (anarchist/ Communist) turks have issues with the turks.

But is is certainly a vibrant area - if not poor area, which brings us all together.
good for you mate , but i bet that the overwhelming majority of white english people who think its so wonderful are not born and bred in the area , they are like you, ie newcomers from other areas and not the poor sods who were born locally and havent got any option BUT to live there

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
probably, but thats the case in most professions surely? you're always going to get greater demand for certain professions in certain areas

everyone i know who's wanted to be a nurse, has become a nurse

and I know a few who didn't so that ends the argument. What do you think about the developing nations suffering because we take their nurse and doctors. Good or bad idea

and thats reallly great isn't it? Well done to the red/blue party for reducing this country from a major industrial nation to a joke

Yes, it is the governments fault that the car manufacturing industry was uncompetitive. It is the governments fault that we can't make ships as cheaply as elsewhere in the world (even when you include transport costs). etc etc etc

Why should we be an industrial nation? The point of a (relatively) free market is that we do what we are best at, what we can do at the least (relative) cost. I don't see how that makes us a joke.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
and thats reallly great isn't it? Well done to the red/blue party for reducing this country from a major industrial nation to a joke

It is what people of my dads' generation complain about, they left school and went to work in manufacturing industry on apprenticeships to become engineers, that system has largely disappeared. Our manufacturing industry largely suffered when it became cheaper to import goods rather than make them ourselves, it used to be easy to find almost anything made in the UK, now it is virtually impossible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here