Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We've absolutely robbed Arsenal here, let's be honest.

£50m is ridiculously overinflated price for a decent Premier League centre half. Man Utd got Sancho for £73m ffs.

Best business by the club since Virgo to Celtic, if not better.

But think about it.

Would you have sold Ben for say, £30m?

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Nope, but that's probably what he's worth at the moment.

The joys of not being a selling club anymore.

£50 is ****ing ridiculous. TB is laughing all the way to the bank :lolol:

I think he's one of those players who'll look better the better the side he plays in. Stick him in next to Van Dijk at Liverpool and he'll look about £70million.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I tend to agree that 50 million is frankly ludicrous and great business from the club. I watched White with interest last season for club and county, he was and is a very good footballer and a classy looking CB even at this level. However, he doesn’t dominate those key defensive moments akin to Webster and Dunk, yet he’s very good at bringing the ball out and is quick over those few yards that are vital in the PL…. Yet, for me he wasn’t our best defender last season, but undoubtedly had a promising debut season.

To pay 50 million now, well, it’s a huge gamble and will put Ben under immense strain/pressure from day one and this in front of those entitled gooners we love and know so well… I wish him luck.

From our perspective to get this fee, is frankly staggering and has to be the single best deal we have ever struck for a departing player.

Crazy times.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

The joys of not being a selling club u Is right

We are Still a Selling club it’s part of the moneyball process
But Only if the price is right ! This time it was
And the potential pathway to the bigger teams is seen by potential recruits We will give them the opportunity if they re good enough

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think he's one of those players who'll look better the better the side he plays in. Stick him in next to Van Dijk at Liverpool and he'll look about £70million.

Liverpool would pribably argue that Joe Gomez is doing just that! Similarly, at ManU he would do well alongside Slabhead (and Slabhead would be in favour of that, apparantly) but United have gone for Varane, the cheaper option.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

The joys of not being a selling club anymore.

It’s the going rate for an elite young English player who’s just broken into the England squad.

All these prices are ridiculous, but elite football is off the scale economically with the money it generates. If Maguire is worth £80m, White at £50m isn’t far off.

It’s all irrelevant anyhow. We had no desperate need to sell and he was on a 4 year deal.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not a selling club? How would you describe thhe transaction that has taken Ben White from us to Arsenal? Yes, of course we're a selling club - that's what the investment in the academy is all about, and the forward plan for the club. Always at the right price, and on particular only when it is the right price.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I haven’t read the whole thread, but can anyone share who is the star striker we’ve signed that people said was being held back to be announced alongside the Ben White news?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
None of those other words has a history of being a derogatory term for people with Downs Syndrome. Would you still consider it appropriate to use the word spastic as an insult?

Cretin is a derogatory term but actually refers to a baby born without a thyroid gland, and ends up mentally handicapped if not treated with synthetic thyroxine as soon as possible.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Of course we are a selling club virtually every club are a selling club at some time or another. But for every home produced player we can sell for top money we open up the possibility of strengthening the team as a whole.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
None of those other words has a history of being a derogatory term for people with Downs Syndrome. Would you still consider it appropriate to use the word spastic as an insult?

Didn't realise it was a derogatory term for downs otherwise, no I wouldn't have used it. And obviously I would use spastic either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here