Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
At least White's season with us without fans will mean he will acclimatise to the Emirates quickly.

Hope the move works out for him and he becomes a fixture in the England team,

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Thank heavens that transfer saga is finally over.
Good luck to Ben, but with the likes of Dunk, Webbo et al, we have some fine players in defence and the £50m will come in handy to strengthen where we really need to.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It's a shame to see any talented Albion player leave, but overall I think this is a good bit of business by the club.

It's a great success story for the academy, but most of all the result of hard work and talent from the young man himself. I'm sure he'll achieve great things over the rest of his career and I wish him well.

Meanwhile, his legacy will serve us well:
£50m to balance the books and maybe bring in some new talent
Evidence of a pathway from the academy to the first team, to international honours and a move to a club paying top-level wages. We'll attract more high-potential prospects and keep them longer as a result.

Cheers Ben and good luck! :thumbsup:

Oh, and thanks to Southampton too - letting him go was very kind of you :lolol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
At least White's season with us without fans will mean he will acclimatise to the Emirates quickly.

Hope the move works out for him and he becomes a fixture in the England team,

My mates a Brighton STH, and even though he never saw him in the flesh due lockdown, he still swears he's shitehouse.

I'll get me coat.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Did Leeds United have a sell on clause ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lovely caption for this picture on the Arsenal fans forum:

"Edu looking at the back of the shirt thinking “I thought this was suppose to say Bissouma."

Cracking signing for Ajax.

They've finally replaced Veltman, albeit with someone half as good.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
I can now reveal that he stayed at our house when trialing for the Albion some years ago. On that basis I feel I am due at least 1% of the fee.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Happy for him, happy for the club.

Dont agree with the whole "could have gone to a better club thing". Arsenal are the sleeping giant that will inevitably return to being a top club some day and White could be the start of that - its a fantastic challenge for him compared to going to one of the current top clubs where he would just be another player, possibly ending up like Nathan Ake or similar. Arsenal on the other hand are going to have to trust him and play him considering what they've paid and their lack of options. It will be very interesting to follow.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Happy for him, happy for the club.

Dont agree with the whole "could have gone to a better club thing". Arsenal are the sleeping giant that will inevitably return to being a top club some day and White could be the start of that - its a fantastic challenge for him compared to going to one of the current top clubs where he would just be another player, possibly ending up like Nathan Ake or similar. Arsenal on the other hand are going to have to trust him and play him considering what they've paid and their lack of options. It will be very interesting to follow.

Really good point and fully agree.

Ake to City for £40m to be a squad player, bench warmer tells you all you need to know about City’s stupidly obscene wealth.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
7 years at the club and Ben has nothing to say on the club statement or on his instagram/twitter? Strange

Maybe it'll come later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are two lovely tweets from Ben thanking the club, and fans etc for the last 8 years.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lovely caption for this picture on the Arsenal fans forum:

"Edu looking at the back of the shirt thinking “I thought this was suppose to say Bissouma."

They're not all that bright though. Loads of them are outraged that he's 'stolen' the number 4 shirt from Saliba (White man taking the shirt off the black man's back ..... yes, really!), while the club announcing his arrival at 4 pm. is a further insult to Saliba. As Rob Holding has more experience of playing in a back four (White apparantly has none) so it will take White a couple of years to replace Holding - and of course there is at least one football expert who has figured out that he can't have been all that good because we kept lending him out ........... ..................................

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Probably already been on this mammoth thread but I was just wondering if we have Leeds to thank after all - just not for the reason they think. I do wonder if their public bids and hissy fits last year pushed the hype and therefore, the price up. Good as he was getting towards the end of the season, there was nothing he did last year worth £50m. One of his last actions was to chase Foden the length of the pitch and get the best view of his finish.Maybe a few extra mill in the kitty thanks to the constant "Leeds tried 3 times to buy him" narrative the media were so fond of. Probably will end up still being a good buy but I wonder if we could bump up the "Take it or Leave it" price thanks to the burble created. If he'd been to Fulham instead of Leeds and they tried to pay over the odds for him, would it have been the same?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
All the best to Ben White for the future. This is an outstanding deal for the club, £50m is an unbelievable sum for a player who was our third best centre half last season. This also shows young players coming to the club that if they do well and we get the offer we won’t stand in their way. Makes recruitment so much easier.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
He goes with my blessing, but I do feel it's a bit of a sideways move for him.
It's only arsenal, you know, mid table team not in europe!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
A good player but someone I don't think we will miss all that much. We have decent players at the back that will easily slot in. I hope he goes on to do great things, I also hope those great things aren't at Arsenal because their fans are a bunch of mongs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here