Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Just seen BW in a arsenal shirt in a Twitter feed and its does hurt even though we got very good money for him. I suppose now he plays for a so called top 6 team I wonder how long he's a shoe in for the England team, not just a squad player.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He looks well gutted he’s not at WORLD champions LEEDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Just seen BW in a arsenal shirt in a Twitter feed and its does hurt even though we got very good money for him. I suppose now he plays for a so called top 6 team I wonder how long he's a shoe in for the England team, not just a squad player.

Surprised he didn't go to one of the real big clubs, but maybe money sealed it!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Never had any love for this player , always knew we were a stepping stone , he’d have preferred to be at Leeds last year but was a professional , and as a player, he played his part for us

We got our price in the end , that’s All he was , a commodity.

Won’t be remembered as a legend , just a commodity

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just got back from driving Ben up to Arsenal. Listened to a few albums in the car on the way back and took the scenic route.

Good luck to the lad.

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
Good luck to Ben. It's a great move for him but also a great move for the club. Of course I'd love him to stay, but losing Biss would of been a much bigger loss in my opinion.

We really can't argue with 50m. Yes he's young, magic with the ball at his feet, can pick out an inch perfect pass, carry the ball, the list goes on. But he's by no means the finished article. He's quite weak in the air (Everton goal, away, for example). Also recall Rashford sitting him down and the hoof at home to palace which lead to their last min winner goal. Extraordinary potential though.

He was a model professional last season, giving his all in every game. For all we know he wanted to go to Leeds, who probably would of offered him a higher salary. He'd at least of got a hefty signing on bonus.

It's worked out perfectly in my opinion. He returned from Leeds after they were convinced he'd sign for them, he then did the double over them, and then we got 20m more than Leeds' 'generous' offer Hilarious.

Best of luck, Ben.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My Arsenal supporting mate saw him as the press conference and says he looked shithouse

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
This is a great deal for us. Usually when we sell our best players I’m a bit gutted but this time around I don’t really mind.

I mean the £50 million fee is great business but I also don’t think we will be that worse off without him. I don’t know whether it’s because of Covid and I haven’t really seen him play live, but I can’t think of one game that completely stands out during his time here. It might also be that we have other great defensive options anyway. I think I would have been more gutted if we lost Biss or Lamptey.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not surprised but a little disappointed BW said that he didn’t need much convincing to join Arsenal. Some things are better left unsaid given that he had been here for 8 years :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think I would have been more gutted if we lost Biss or Lamptey.

Good point, I think we all would.

White’s midfield exploits can be replicated by Mwepu & co whilst Webster and Veltman can cover him in the back three.

We don’t have another Lamptey by a long long stretch and whilst we now have Biss cover, he was a clear POTS for me last season who allows a central playmaker like Lallana or Groß to dictate.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not surprised but a little disappointed BW said that he didn’t need much convincing to join Arsenal. Some things are better left unsaid given that he had been here for 8 years :shrug:

I believe he's an arsenal fan so why wouldn't he say that? Nothing derogatory about Brighton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I believe he's an arsenal fan so why wouldn't he say that? Nothing derogatory about Brighton.

150,000 weekly reasons to join - tough to be disappointed by honesty.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Can I be contrary and say that, whilst I understand the money is important to the sustainability of the club, the value of the transfer does absolutely nothing for me, it could be 1m, 50m, 200m - I can't get excited about it. For me it doesn't atone for the loss of one of the brightest prospects we've ever had at the club. Its true that White's time here feels very transient, we've barely seen him play, been unable to forge a connection from the stands, so there isn't a personal element to this, but as a talent I am sure he will go to the very very top. I would rather have kept him than Bissouma. His sale also reinforces what we all know to be true, but dare to dream otherwise, that we can never get to the very top of the game because there will always be a bigger club taking our best players. Ultimately we haven't sold White because we needed the money, we've sold him because he wanted to leave for a bigger club. C'est la vie, as Neal Maupay would undoubtedly say.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can I be contrary and say that, whilst I understand the money is important to the sustainability of the club, the value of the transfer does absolutely nothing for me, it could be 1m, 50m, 200m - I can't get excited about it. For me it doesn't atone for the loss of one of the brightest prospects we've ever had at the club. Its true that White's time here feels very transient, we've barely seen him play, been unable to forge a connection from the stands, so there isn't a personal element to this, but as a talent I am sure he will go to the very very top. I would rather have kept him than Bissouma. His sale also reinforces what we all know to be true, but dare to dream otherwise, that we can never get to the very top of the game because there will always be a bigger club taking our best players. Ultimately we haven't sold White because we needed the money, we've sold him because he wanted to leave for a bigger club. C'est la vie, as Neal Maupay would undoubtedly say.

I could get behind this if the Albion were still the lickle club it always was.
Or like 'oh I don't know' take palace as an example, and we only produced 1 talent a 'big' club actually wants to spend big money on.

I see this very much as the king is dead long live the king.

The club loaded with young potential

Ben Who?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Ah well.

It will be interesting seeing how he gets on in a disjointed squad.

Spare a thought for Dibley. Ben goes to the Arse in the first transfer window. Dibley is in his 7th and counting.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Ah well.

It will be interesting seeing how he gets on in a disjointed squad.

Spare a thought for Dibley. Ben goes to the Arse in the first transfer window. Dibley is in his 7th and counting.

You have to remember Wilf is worth 100+ million plus a 20% lifetime discount at mountain warehouse so there are only a handful of clubs worldwide that can afford this , his agent is on Universal credit so isn't in any rush to offload him.

I fear young Wilf will live out his days in the small pond being top Koi until he hangs up his boots .

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Just playing the PR game

Said that to Arsenal media team and then has also said it wasn’t easy to leave Brighton on his social media.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Wouldnt read anything into it. Obviously he needs to be cozy about his new club when they splashed that kind of money. In reality, I think there was quite a lot of convincing to be done. Not because of some massive desire to stay with Brighton but because surely other clubs were also interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here